Rylais crystal scepter on Teemo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aknatn

06-16-2012

Alright so i realize it isn't very viable but i've fallen in love with AP teemo in Dominion, Extremely guerrilla fighting. So my question is, if i get a lichbane, i have to fire his q, then fire a normal attack to use the Lichbane. however, if i get Rylais, his Q should apply the 35% slow, and the poison from his 2nd attack should apply the 15%.
So i have serious doubts that it stacks, however my biggest fear is that the poison slow takes priority over the initial blinding shot slow, due to its later application.
I suppose i could just get fm, however the AP from Rylais really does make a difference.

i realize most people abandoned AP teemo long ago, but it's by far the most fun i've had in lol in a while. so what would you do? rylais or fm? and also please clear up my rylais dilema q/e dillema.

acosn

06-16-2012

I'm pretty sure the slow from Rylai's doesn't apply to Teemo's poison (the toggle, not the Q).

EDIT: Scratch that. At any rate you have nothing to worry about, while slows aren't additive (IE: 35% slow + 15% slow = 50% slow) they do add up. Just very poorly. Your opponent wont suddenly move faster because a DOT tick proc'd Rylai's again.

Rylai's is still a good choice if you're taking the AP plunge though.

AP Teemo isn't exactly bad, its just that most players can't be arsed to adjust their play style to it. At the end of the day AP Teemo is strictly not a team fighting champion, and a lot of players just can't work that through their head.

AP Teemo is an early game skirmisher, a mid-game roamer, and a late game split pusher. Even after his nerfs he's still got some of the best pushing capabilities in the game for no reason other than those **** mushrooms.

Really, so long as you can manage your CDR without wasting your gold intake (IE: Get it to 40%. That's the cap, and that's what maximizes your ability to play AP Teemo effectively. More mushrooms, more Q's, more Lichbane procs, more Rylai's procs, more move quicks) and your team isn't the kind of stupid that has them repeatedly committing to 4v5's when they should know better (or just don't realize that defending that tower they have no way of keeping alive means that the enemy team gets 3 kills and a tower rather than just a tower) you'll do fine with AP Teemo provided you don't simply bark up the wrong tree and counter pick yourself.

Hirumonogatari

06-16-2012

i'm actually interested in an AP teemo guide. would someone be kind enough to post strategies, what to do in each phase and builds etc?

ButterToast91

10-23-2012

I play ap teemo all the time, Rylai is best on teemo from what I have seen. I use berserk, nashor, malady, wit's end, death cap and a doran's ring to start off. I max out his Q and E then his R to make sure I have max damage when it comes to team fights. I think I'm going to try to get Rylai's scepter to see how it goes.