Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Australian LoL Players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vilhëlm

06-17-2012

Bump!

Nytharious

06-17-2012

Because then we have all the trafic from other games coming into and out of Garena, ive used it and personally I think its worse

Jamesb8

06-17-2012

Bump for the sucess of every ali combo forever more

Nytharious

06-17-2012

If you haven't noticed not particulary fussed on grammar and stuff here =P

AshFiend

Recruiter

06-17-2012

Quote:
Bux Zántel:
The problem with using an asian server is that not many people will be spaeking english. Its easier to just use the NA server

Not necessarily. I'm actually not Malaysian, although i'm in college there. Even on the SEA server they use English almost exclusively, although it is occasionally flavoured with a few of their words, but not that hard to understand.

OJ191

06-17-2012

Quote:
AshFiend:
you guys are aware that SEA (South East Asia) has its own server right? It's hosted by Garena though. Although on the flip side, the NA server is blocked here.

Garena LoL is hosted in or near singapore, and a lot of oceanic ISP's have bad routing to singapore (often going through the US to get to singapore, because there is little net traffic from here to singapore usually) and can actually get WORSE ping. Theres also the issue of not being riot run, I'm pretty sure they are behind on patches and I havn't heard good things about their customer support. On top of that, you can't get an account transfer because of it not being run by riot, so you have to start from scratch and rebuy all your stuff if you want it.

There is also the language barrier.

Timebomb0800

06-17-2012

I'm in Perth and I get around 220. It's been a bit weird lately though, sometimes it sits at 219, 230, or randomly 250 :/

Hasn't started going around 250 til last patch or so

Oh how I can only imagine what it must be like to have >100 ping D:

Inquest the Mild

06-17-2012

Quote:
Timebomb0800:
I'm in Perth and I get around 220. It's been a bit weird lately though, sometimes it sits at 219, 230, or randomly 250 :/

Hasn't started going around 250 til last patch or so

Oh how I can only imagine what it must be like to have >100 ping D:

you have >100 ping.

Cave Trole

06-17-2012

HoN has an australian server, why can't LoL?

Gringo

06-17-2012

Thanks guys, thanks a bunch. I appreciate this game, I appreciate you all too for your support. Hopefully, we can get over the line and get what we need and want, so we can continue to play our most loved game without any dramas.