How does Chalice work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MalSatori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2012

I read that the % regen is based on your base mana regen (i.e. the mana regen your champ has naturally), but in other places it seems like it is based off of the total mana regen your champion has (including mana regen from items, but not double dipping, similar to deathcap).
I would like to know which it is/how chalice % regen works.

MalSatori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2012

bump.

LustxFinale

06-16-2012

As far as I've been able to tell (not doing any specific research, just glancing down at the level of regen) the percentage is drawn from total regen, not base.

Coulombe

06-16-2012

It is total.

Subdue

06-16-2012

It's based off of your total mana regeneration, not including the bonus mana regeneration from the passive effect. If you have 100 mana regeneration at 100 mana and you are at 0 mana, your mana regeneration will be 200.

Cletus McGee

06-16-2012

Max result from Chalice is to double your total mana regen.
That is, when you have full mana, and press C or click your champion icon to bring up the stat window, your total mana regen is the number shown.
At 0 mana, Chalice will give you twice that regen and progressively taper down to that regen as you get back to full.

A champion with 20 mana regen, who gets chalice, will at max have 40 mana regen only when at 0 mana.
Chalice only really helps champs sensibly with low mana costs, but mathematically is a noob trap for most casters, unless the end goal is a grail, which seems okay for some.

Black Blackness

06-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus McGee View Post
Max result from Chalice is to double your total mana regen.
That is, when you have full mana, and press C or click your champion icon to bring up the stat window, your total mana regen is the number shown.
At 0 mana, Chalice will give you twice that regen and progressively taper down to that regen as you get back to full.

A champion with 20 mana regen, who gets chalice, will at max have 40 mana regen only when at 0 mana.
Chalice only really helps champs sensibly with low mana costs, but mathematically is a noob trap for most casters, unless the end goal is a grail, which seems okay for some.

isnt it for every point of mana missing u gain 1% mana regen so if ur missing 1k mana u will get 10x mana regen

Katsuni

06-16-2012

Total regen. I've even seen that when I grab blue buff, that it doubles even that. In short, it's an insane amount of mana regen =3

Opreich

06-16-2012

total regen.

get a bluebuff and zero mana for super regen.

LustxFinale

06-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Blackness View Post
isnt it for every point of mana missing u gain 1% mana regen so if ur missing 1k mana u will get 10x mana regen
No, for every 1% mana missing you gain 1% more regen