who beats who? orianna vs annie/ryze/xerath

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

06-15-2012

I'm asking because I just bought her and Ryze/Xerath are free week

and Annie.................... shes just so common no matter what so ..

and if Orianna is countered by any of these any tips for them

also if anyone doesn't mind maybe send me a link to a guide

can be video or one you read idc

Iifa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2012

Orianna beats every mid, because she can just roam and have awesome ganks and teamfight utility.

FluffyNeko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2012

Orianna shouldn't get beaten by any of them.

Edit: A good Orianna shouldn't get beaten by any of them.

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyannyan456 View Post
orianna shouldn't get beaten by any of them.
yay ^.^

kirafa

06-15-2012

What makes her so strong against them?

Grimhelda

TM oJun

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirafa View Post
What makes her so strong against them?
good and safe harass early game, as well as a zoning utility (ball)

reow meow

06-15-2012

from my experience Ori's laning phase is incredibly weak compared to the mages you just listed.

You should look to farm instead of trade directly. And rather look to "poke" your lane enemy down rather than out and out exchanges.

Don't underestimate getting some AA's in between csing, the damage output from it is underrated by many, her AAs hurt, especially when stacked.

Against Xerath and Annie (if they're going hyper aggressive) i'd be maxxing my E first, for the shield health as well as the bonus resistances to survive their initial burst.

Go all in when your jungle ganks (or if they overextend) trying to trade straight out, underfarmed with Ori is a death sentence (in most cases). Her dmg is pretty meh at lower levels. Levels and items makes her a monster.

She really shines in teamfights and synergises greatly with junglers/top laners with built in gap closers / grabs and CC (irelia / malph / naut for example). Dropping your E on them before they initiate into the middle of the team and then popping R once they're in amongst it all really throws a team, the chain CC is great, as well as the shield and bonus resistances the initiator gets from your ball.

Treat the ball as another Tanky DPS champ, in a lot of cases you have to keep one eye on your ball and one on your own positioning. In too many cases I've seen Oriannas drop their ulti when the ball is on top of themselves (maybe because they're unaware of the "leash range"). But she's one of those heroes that you have to pretty much be switched on to play, or else you'll be exposed ;].

In short:
- Try and turn your lane into a farm lane, survive the early burst, you will outscale almost any mage in team fights (judging that your team knows how to play with an Orianna).

- ^ Let your team know this

- Treat ball as another tanky dps champ, always know where it is.

Knyaz

06-15-2012

Xerath and Ryze are skill match ups. Ori can out range Ryze at all times , and any mid can Juke Xerath , Ori can survive Xearth level 6.

Annie is kinda skill. Buy a billion pots incase jungle chops you or otherwise. Obv annie at 6 will cut you down , even as Ori if you are <65% hp.

I don't really play this lane so im talking total **** here. But it sounds right and its better advice than all the others here who don't play the lane.

Memira

06-15-2012

I have never had any trouble going against ryze or xerath in mid.
Ryze- His combo involves trades. All you do is Q, W, E yourself. Your E will block some of his burst, while you bursted him aswell as putting a few AA's out there. You will win most trades.

Xerath- Incredibly easy to counter with Orianna. Once you have the stun mark on you just juke away, use your W for speed boost and help. When he is rooted to the ground then just Q>W him.

Vs Annie - I would think the only problem vs her is when she has her stun up. Her range is incredibly short, so if she tries to go up to you harass her first then back off asap.

Orianna beats almost all mids.
-Her AA animation is a breeze, easily outfarming your fellow laner.
-You are getting ganked? Simpy protect + dissonance away, flash if you have to.
-use your ball to scare melee champs (Akali, morde) away from CS
-insane ganks. Shes quite fast with her W. Her Ult is a kock up, her W is a slow + speed up to your team so she has a bit of CC.
-Her passive is awsome early game as you can harass insanley with it.

The only problem ive had with Ori in mid is swain