5v5 advice let me know what you think

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nexuspartier

07-05-2012

Lately, in all 5v5 games, draft, ranked, or blind pick, I encountered alot of people wanting to play the same role and feeding if they do not get it or putting 2 in that particular area. This makes it unfair and not fun overall. I was brainstorming and came to a conclusion that making a que system like that of World of Warcraft duengon system. Summoners would que up as the role they would like to play. This would eliminate the displeasure of not getting the lane that the summoner wants to play. This is just an idea so let me know what you think about it.

BiosTheo

07-05-2012

At its core, its not a to bad of an idea. However, your solution poses another problem.

The whole reason we don't queu up for the slot we want to play is because a good player understands the need for flexibility. For instance, during a ranked match we had all semi-decided our roles and I was going solo top. The opposite team, however, had picked a Skarner and a Tryndamere. This of course meant Tryndamere was going to end up laning up. So I asked if anyone could take Teemo top. Normally I don't promote Teemo top, but Teemo absolutely crushes Tryndamere and I did not have any solo top that would absolutely guarntee victory against Tryndamere like Teemo would. In that game, I switched with the jungler, our support went jungle, our ad went support then I ended up playing ad.

That probably wouldn't have been possible if we had pre-queued for a certain slot.

Also, I find it highly unlikely that in ALL your recent 5v5 games you encouner people who will only stick to one slot. I usually encounter them every one in four games. And almost a hundred percent of the time, whether or not they get the position they want, they feed. I don't think theres a way to make up for simply bad players who have little thought for team cohesion.

However, is you idea necessarily a bad one? No, of course not. In fact, it may very well work out incredibly. I can see this solving a lot of problems. But, I would restrict only to Blind pick considering you can't counter pick the other team and, of course, can't have your champion banned. I think this would work very well for Blind pick.

Funster

07-05-2012

The problem with this is that we'd all be waiting 30 minutes in Queue as we slowly divvy up the small amount of people playing Support.

This also stifles all ability to play outside of the meta.