"PFFTT it's just a normal game, do ranked and come back to me:"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Insípid

06-15-2012

So ive read alot of threads where people post crazy things done in normal games, and there's always one or two people that say. Its not ranked so it doesnt really count. Dummy slap for you. Normal games consist of people with a variety of elo's. If your in a lower elo like myself, you will find that you are faced with people who can very well be 1800+ elo, with over 1000 games played. Its happened. Just because its a normal game doesnt mean its any less challenging. Because honestly in normal games, where team communication is slightly lower than common, it can be alot more difficult than ranked just from the sheer lack of organization. So don't go around saying normal doesnt count. Because it very well does.

BrokenHeartVerse

06-15-2012

I agree, never played rank before, only played blind normals for over a year now.

Fluffyknowsyou

06-15-2012

I like normals for practicing with champs I want to use in ranked,but that's about it. People > bots,but normal games are taken way to seriously.

Sexual Healing

06-15-2012

The only time I take issue is when queuing with a group of 3 or 4 players, as queuing ranked isn't possible. Generally interested in taking games seriously, my play-group abhors players that refuse to push objectives with the excuse of not being in ranked queue.

Sometimes players belittling normals results from lack of experience or carrying baggage from previous match-ups, but in general the community would benefit from a more positive outlook.

deirin

06-15-2012

eeeee ... normal are practice and test for elo dude...
if u make test about new champion on ranked ur gonna lose all of ur elo...so w/e man
its normal ppl are less serious about it...i think...@.@

Vikaryous

06-15-2012

I don't really get it either.

The response I usually see is "Play Ranked if you want to win, Normals if you want to have fun.", which is retarded. I always want to win /and/ have fun, since when are they mutually exclusive?