Why does the purple spawn turrent not work right?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

06-18-2012
10 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryogen1x View Post
Almost sounds like a demotion. <.<

On a side note, glad to have someone that's willing to look into some changes. Good to see you, hope to see you around some more.
Not a demotion when I asked to do it :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygoniq View Post
Thanks for taking the time to respond to stuff. The only things I really want to see on the twisted treeline is a change to the jungle and turtling. Taking an inhib if you can't win is actually a bad thing, and that's unusual, because destroying stuff and getting super minions should make it harder to win. Perhaps if destroying inhibs lowered the fountain's healing power or if the minion stopped committing suicide to no avail.

The jungle needs a bit of the summoner's rift treatment. The Gray wraith camp shouldn't hit like a truck with lifesteal at the beginning of the game. It's nearly impossible to kill it (outdamaging that lifesteal not happening), so if your team gets a gray wraith you're behind. If you could normalize it with the green wolf, that would be nice. The buffs are short, but that's a part of 3v3.

The lack of blue buff basically closes the door on mana reliant junglers that would otherwise be good, like Hecarim. Since it wouldn't make any sense to have a blue, we need mana sigils at least.

-Fly
The lack of blue is probably the best argument for porting over some of the SR jungle mechanics. It probably won't help champs in-lane though. That's where itemization may come in.

Th3 Herbalist

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Not a demotion when I asked to do it :P

The lack of blue is probably the best argument for porting over some of the SR jungle mechanics. It probably won't help champs in-lane though. That's where itemization may come in.
Ahaha, touche. Was just joking anyway.

sthorwall

06-18-2012

Just want to add my voice to say:

1. RiotNome, thank you. You're our hero simply by paying attention and caring. So much win from you in this thread.

2. My biggest concern with 3s is the difficulty in finishing if a team knows how to turtle right. Others have said it -- taking an inhibitor can be a bad thing, which is weird, and it's easy for them to kite and hit-and-run from their fountain if they have any sort of range. Focal point of my annoyance with TT, which is easily my favorite map, is that the nexus turret can be so incredibly difficult to take down no matter how well your team is doing. Even if your victory is inevitable, it adds 5-15 minutes to every game.

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

Suggestion if you are looking to revise TT's camps.

Have...shared camps between Big and Small....with separate leash rules. If you attack the Big the Smalls aggro. If you attack the Smalls the Big does not aggro. Possibly separate the distance of the two a little.

Then set it so respawn's for Smalls start when they die and will respawn if the Big is still alive, but not if he's dead.
Set the respawn for the Big to only start when the camp is dead. Thus you can still leave a Small to stop the Big from spawning.

This would allow for more diversity of the jungle packs while allowing early game monster camp clears and clears on less durable junglers. So say the Wraith camp you could kill both small Wraiths with no damage from the Big Wraith then kill him.

It's an odd idea, but because it's an odd idea I wanted to throw it out there!

Dreggon

06-18-2012

Is it possible to fix the non-symmetry of SR? The golem camps both have the large golem on the right-hand side, when one side should have him on the left. It slows down my Lee jungle

Similar thing with Wraiths, the blue one is slightly off-kilter.

deathpanelof1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2012

It is a real problem when you super minion gets destroy buy the fountain turret. Sometimes an enemy minion spawn can even push the super up there. the best way to fix it is to leave the fountain turret aggro the same for champs but reduce it for minions. If that doesn't work you could flip the turret and nexus around so the nexus is closest to the fountain therefore minions would have no reason to go that way.

McZwick

06-19-2012

bump because we like RiotNome

Meatzombie

06-19-2012

RiotNome you MAY take my place as favorite RIOT employee for this thread alone.

I think the QOL benefits to the jungle would be awesome, as for dropping the random spawn for wolves/wraiths I can see pros and cons to both sides, for instance, it would make jungling more consistent if they weren't random, however I would rather not lose one of the buffs. Because of the way TT is designed I really can't see a way to keep both buffs without changing the layout of the map entirely. (or replacing the creep camps in the middle jungle with wolves and keeping wraiths top)

Srikler

06-19-2012

An idea to standardize the jungle rather then making it random for the buff camps. Is to make it so that it rotates depending on if it has been cleared or not. Starts wolves then once the wolves are done. It will spawn Wraths. Then wolves again.

Stealth Moose

06-20-2012

...I Love You.

It shocks and amazes me that a red is FINALLY taking interest in our precious TT.