Why does the purple spawn turrent not work right?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cronotrigger07

06-18-2012

Will there really be some changes to TT? Is this a dream??

CommandShockwave

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I think that's more of a code thing. I'm not really touching any mechanics/code that exists on Summoner's Rift as well; that's the domain of the live team as a whole.

It's worth consideration that a large amount of what you guys have brought up as complaints about the map stems from the core physical layout of the map; that is, the walls, brush placement, building locations, etc. This includes the gank-heavy nature, minion pathing issues, difficulty in jungling, and beyond. So a sizable portion of these issues will not be fully solved without heavy map modifications. However, what is doable right now is small fixes (i.e., the Shrine laser disparities) and alleviation of nagging problems like monster randomization and jungle buffs. I'llprobably be doing some heavy internal testing of concepts along with community consultation for forseeable future, but my immediate goal here is to address some of the most glaring issues that prevent Twisted Treeline from seeing the gameplay quality that SR has... or at least get closer to it.
So did they just sit you down and say "hey man, we REALLY need to start looking at TT balance issues, but the map itself isn't big enough to justify a larger team to make small changes, from now on it's all yours. Enjoy"?

Judging by your posts you sound like the only one doing this stuff :P

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Rustling View Post
So did they just sit you down and say "hey man, we REALLY need to start looking at TT balance issues, but the map itself isn't big enough to justify a larger team to make small changes, from now on it's all yours. Enjoy"?

Of course he's one of the few working on it, he was hired to fix up all the non-SR maps.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post25302681

Srikler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

I personally would like it if TT had the same jungle style as SR. I'd say to add the runes to the monsters at least. I do know this. When SR changed their double golem camp. It also changed it on TT(to make it so that they wouldn't give you level 2 on killing them). I'd say to keep to try and have the jungle more standard would be good along with making it so that Dragon is more like Baron and it requires your entire team to fight and not be able to solo it.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

06-18-2012

Quote:
I think that's more of a code thing. I'm not really touching any mechanics/code that exists on Summoner's Rift as well; that's the domain of the live team as a whole.

It's worth consideration that a large amount of what you guys have brought up as complaints about the map stems from the core physical layout of the map; that is, the walls, brush placement, building locations, etc. This includes the gank-heavy nature, minion pathing issues, difficulty in jungling, and beyond. So a sizable portion of these issues will not be fully solved without heavy map modifications. However, what is doable right now is small fixes (i.e., the Shrine laser disparities) and alleviation of nagging problems like monster randomization and jungle buffs. I'll probably be doing some heavy internal testing of concepts along with community consultation for forseeable future, but my immediate goal here is to address some of the most glaring issues that prevent Twisted Treeline from seeing the gameplay quality that SR has... or at least get closer to it.
If you need any test subject... erm help, let me know. I love TT.

George W Nome

Game Designer

06-18-2012
8 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Rustling View Post

I was hired as "game designer"; I've actually been working on some secret stuff since December, did Proving Grounds for about two weeks, and am just now being moved onto live design to look at non-SR maps.

McZwick

06-18-2012

RiotNome...thanks so much for your taking these comments to heart!

Not to whine...*but*...I am curious, are you just learning about the Shrine laser disparities now? There have been many threads in the forum about it, and I myself sent in a bug report several months ago.

Again, above all I'm thankful your going to fix the issue and for my two cents...I love the fact that jungle creeps are both random and challenging, but I recognize I'm in the minority here. I like the fact that the jungle is a scary place.

George W Nome

Game Designer

06-18-2012
9 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McZwick View Post
RiotNome...thanks so much for your taking these comments to heart!

Not to whine...*but*...I am curious, are you just learning about the Shrine laser disparities now? There have been many threads in the forum about it, and I myself sent in a bug report several months ago.

Again, above all I'm thankful your going to fix the issue and for my two cents...I love the fact that jungle creeps are both random and challenging, but I recognize I'm in the minority here. I like the fact that the jungle is a scary place.
I knew about it. I just didn't have the latitude to fix it previously.

Th3 Herbalist

06-18-2012

Quote:
I was hired as "game designer"; I've actually been working on some secret stuff since December, did Proving Grounds for about two weeks, and am just now being moved onto live design to look at non-SR maps.
Almost sounds like a demotion. <.<

On a side note, glad to have someone that's willing to look into some changes. Good to see you, hope to see you around some more.

Flygoniq

06-18-2012

Thanks for taking the time to respond to stuff. The only things I really want to see on the twisted treeline is a change to the jungle and turtling. Taking an inhib if you can't win is actually a bad thing, and that's unusual, because destroying stuff and getting super minions should make it harder to win. Perhaps if destroying inhibs lowered the fountain's healing power or if the minion stopped committing suicide to no avail.

The jungle needs a bit of the summoner's rift treatment. The Gray wraith camp shouldn't hit like a truck with lifesteal at the beginning of the game. It's nearly impossible to kill it (outdamaging that lifesteal not happening), so if your team gets a gray wraith you're behind. If you could normalize it with the green wolf, that would be nice. The buffs are short, but that's a part of 3v3.

The lack of blue buff basically closes the door on mana reliant junglers that would otherwise be good, like Hecarim. Since it wouldn't make any sense to have a blue, we need mana sigils at least.

-Fly