Why does the purple spawn turrent not work right?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Th3 Herbalist

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixaLollipop View Post
Maybe only put health regen on one of the camps.. of them would probably be too much
That'd be BA - like, give Wraith buff movespeed and a bit of HP regen.

My name is Mundo and I am god of this jungle.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryogen1x View Post
That'd be BA - like, give Wraith buff movespeed and a bit of HP regen.

My name is Mundo and I am god of this jungle.
Ooops meant all of them

Th3 Herbalist

06-17-2012

Quote:
Ooops meant all of them
You mean instead of the flat amount like in 5s, have it over time? That'd be nice, like a mini-catalyst proc.

ApackofKoalas

06-17-2012

Honestly for jungling on tt, as I like the difficulty of jungling since it separates the good teams from teams that as not quite as good. Jungling takes a lot of practice to become good at on tt, I would hate for this to be changed so that even bad junglers can do it. Also I really like wriggles on tt, since it makes jungling much more feasible, however I do agree dragon is way to easy as it is.

However one issue that really permeates with me in the jungle is that mana hungy champs are useless and constantly have to go back. What if there was a sort of blue buff? Like nothing like on summoners rift, maybe shorter duration than on summoners rift, or less regen or cd, just something so they can clear without constantly having to go back to base? I just hate having to shyvana jungle every game so that I can clear fast without worring about mana. I'd really like to be able to play mana hungry champs like Jarvan without having to base a lot. Would this be possible?

VilheimOfTorm

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApackofKoalas View Post
Honestly for jungling on tt, as I like the difficulty of jungling since it separates the good teams from teams that as not quite as good. Jungling takes a lot of practice to become good at on tt, I would hate for this to be changed so that even bad junglers can do it. Also I really like wriggles on tt, since it makes jungling much more feasible, however I do agree dragon is way to easy as it is.

However one issue that really permeates with me in the jungle is that mana hungy champs are useless and constantly have to go back. What if there was a sort of blue buff? Like nothing like on summoners rift, maybe shorter duration than on summoners rift, or less regen or cd, just something so they can clear without constantly having to go back to base? I just hate having to shyvana jungle every game so that I can clear fast without worring about mana. I'd really like to be able to play mana hungry champs like Jarvan without having to base a lot. Would this be possible?
I fully agree with this, mostly because I would love to jungle amumu on 3s but sadly that is in no way viable despite his kit being very strong for the meta and the map. I am not saying a huge regen buff so he won't have to back, but being able to clear 2 camps without being low health and having no mana would be nice.

Grimloe

06-17-2012

High level 3s is already extremely gank heavy. If you make jungling easier on the map, this includes adding a blue, letting camps heal you, or making them easier to kill, the map would be literally nothing but ganking 80-90% of the time. I would rather not see it go to that.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryogen1x View Post
You mean instead of the flat amount like in 5s, have it over time? That'd be nice, like a mini-catalyst proc.
No, I said "of them would be too much" when I meant "all of them would be too much"

Sowutimdrunk

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
The SR jungle changes are doable, but does the community want them?
Honestly, the main reason I play TT is because I like the lack of emphasis on the jungle. I think that it gives the game more diverse PVP opportunities.

Th3 Herbalist

06-18-2012

Quote:
No, I said "of them would be too much" when I meant "all of them would be too much"
That was my original idea - the camps without buffs (the ones on the far edges of top and bottom jungle) should have the regen shrines like the neutrals in 5s do. The buff camps are supposed to be hard.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

06-18-2012
7 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darigac View Post
While we are on the topic of silly minion pathing, could you possibly look in to the behavior of minions where they will gain a ton of movespeed when there are no enemy minions to fight against in the lane? They will seriously move about 3 times as fast as they normally do, but they do it randomly, which makes it hard to predict/adapt to. It really sucks when the melee minions move faster than the ranged such that the tower has killed them before the ranged minions get in range, so you start taking agro when you were in the middle of the wave.
I think that's more of a code thing. I'm not really touching any mechanics/code that exists on Summoner's Rift as well; that's the domain of the live team as a whole.

It's worth consideration that a large amount of what you guys have brought up as complaints about the map stems from the core physical layout of the map; that is, the walls, brush placement, building locations, etc. This includes the gank-heavy nature, minion pathing issues, difficulty in jungling, and beyond. So a sizable portion of these issues will not be fully solved without heavy map modifications. However, what is doable right now is small fixes (i.e., the Shrine laser disparities) and alleviation of nagging problems like monster randomization and jungle buffs. I'll probably be doing some heavy internal testing of concepts along with community consultation for forseeable future, but my immediate goal here is to address some of the most glaring issues that prevent Twisted Treeline from seeing the gameplay quality that SR has... or at least get closer to it.