South americans need their own server/region

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BTWFDRhadpolio

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by advancedAI View Post
A lot of them actually speak spanish/portuguese AND english.

Why don't you become less ignorant and learn another language?
The issue starts when Non-English speakers select English as their language in the account creation process. Why should we adapt? If I moved to a foreign country, should I uproot everyone's lives and tell them to learn a new language, or should I take the responsibility and learn the native language to where I just put myself, because it's only fair?

Bendak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2012

Wholeheartedly agree.

Enforce regional playing.

Hirukii

11-24-2012

i dont think making a ip block is the right choice even some SA players dont want to play in a SA server cuz they already have buy rp, make friends ,etc, etc. offcourse alot of the player of the player want a server for them.

NiceDynamite

11-24-2012

I get frustrated because,not all, but admit it, MOST of the non-English speakers on NA servers are bad at the game. And, I'm about to rock the world of all the morons who say "learn spanish", when you go to the website, try choosing a server. Choose North America. See what language is offered? ENGLISH. Meaning it was designed for ENGLISH SPEAKING PLAYERS. And I don't want to hear "oh well they understand pings and basic English", because they don't. They simply don't.

I'm tired of playing games with people spouting on in spanish, but when I die or we lose, I see "foking nobb".

TL;DR-learn English or don't play NA servers.

Amenostosis

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verandure View Post
How is that a viable option? Learn a different language because of a game? It's not xenophobia at all -- it's the fact that you cannot communicate. Either give them their own server or make it to where the game gives a loose translation automatically. I can't understand Spanish and I doubt they understand English, instead of asking somebody to spend $40 on Rosetta's Stone or more on classes, why not offer a real solution like the OP?
Is funny how people think learn a new language for a game?? lol i dont know you guys but i learn languages because i like em, so i can communicate with people from other countries learn about them and they learn about me.

and yes is not xenophobia is being a lazy ignorant. you dont learn languages to play online, you learn so you can increase your knowledge and general culture about other people.

Amenostosis

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galivet View Post
Sometimes I pretend i'm from south of the border so that when someone calls a position I want to play I can just pretend I don't understand them.

Galivet: mid
xXxDarkAssassinxXx: I'm going mid and I'm first pick.
Galivet: si, estoy mid.
xXxDarkAssassinxXx: NO YOU STUPID POOR MEXICAN IM MID
Galivet: Lo siento, no hablan ingles
xXxDarkAssassinxXx: god fine I'll jungle stupid mexicans get off NA

What's funny is when there's a real spanish-speaker in the game who tries to talk to me. I just spam jajajaja b/c that's most of what I see them do to each other.

xXxCucarachaXx: en el nivel 6 vamos a atacantes
Galivet: jajajaajajajajajajajajajajajjajaj
xXxCucarachaXx: ???
lol i'm a spanish speaker and that wa totally funny, besides i can speak more than 2 languages propertly. Wondering if we should have better a polyglot server insted of a NA, SA, EU, KR, JP.servers

Amenostosis

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL00DANG3L View Post
If you're going to connect to a 'North American' server you could safely assume the predominant language that is going to be spoken, is English.

I don't know why you would tell someone who's native server language is English, that he should learn another language.
I wonder how long will take to everyone here to speak chinese or mandarin, they are taking the wooooooooorld. good luck with the predominant language.

Best Furry NA

11-25-2012

I've seen many spanish speakers ping when needed, and communicate as much as necessary. Recently I asked a friend for skype, and just found out he doesn't speak English. But he can type as much as necessary.

Sure there are trolls that go jajaja. There are trolls in America too. They just say trolololol. I really don't see much of a difference. Spanish speakers or Portugese or whatever will still try, and still communicate some way. Or be quiet as some players are.

Trolls are trolls no matter the language. Just happens.

Amenostosis

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl0tw0n View Post
I am french and i also speak english and german and understand spanish...
but to tell me that i should learn portuguese and spanish to be able to communicate with my teammates when i'm already making the effort of speaking a foreign language to make myself understood is ridiculous

They probably do need an SA server, however from what i've gathered from the few people who actually made sense on this topic it's that there simply isnt enough money in it to justify it.

I wish we could indeed get an honest response from people in the know, something that makes sense so it would stop these pointless dicsussions and perhaps inject a bit of comon sense in the argument.

Ps. There is a GIGANTIC difference during peak Br & overall SA playing times, it seems more common for there to be a lack of understanding of the current meta at middling elo wich isnt so apparent when playing with english speakers.
With all the respect shouldn't you be in EU server?

UbberTengen

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodski View Post
I'm so sick and tired of playing with people who don't speak English. There is a mass market of south americans that play LoL. Every game I join their is atleast 1-2 spanish speaking persons. GET THEM OFF OF NA. thanks /endrage

Over 1600 matches, 1 spanish or portuguese speaker every 100 games. Are you sure you are playing on NA server?