South americans need their own server/region

12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingSnafu

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireJustice View Post
'cuz Mexico is not part of North America, and mexicans only speak english too.

really kid. grow up.
maybe try looking at a map... mexico is part of north america so is canada

Edit: nevermind didnt notice the sarcasm its not like someone thinking thats outta the question on here

DrWhippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by advancedAI View Post
A lot of them actually speak spanish/portuguese AND english.

Why don't you become less ignorant and learn another language?
K if I move to mexico does that mean I can force everyone there to learn English?

If you play on an American based server you can't expect people to understand Spanish.

sl0tw0n

06-14-2012

I am french and i also speak english and german and understand spanish...
but to tell me that i should learn portuguese and spanish to be able to communicate with my teammates when i'm already making the effort of speaking a foreign language to make myself understood is ridiculous

They probably do need an SA server, however from what i've gathered from the few people who actually made sense on this topic it's that there simply isnt enough money in it to justify it.

I wish we could indeed get an honest response from people in the know, something that makes sense so it would stop these pointless dicsussions and perhaps inject a bit of comon sense in the argument.

Ps. There is a GIGANTIC difference during peak Br & overall SA playing times, it seems more common for there to be a lack of understanding of the current meta at middling elo wich isnt so apparent when playing with english speakers.

Verandure

06-14-2012

As I said on the first page: games should start incorporating a rough translation software (with Google Translate-esque complexity and results). Of course... the monetary issue still comes into light, and this isn't an exact system due to "text speak" and different slangs (it's also not the most simple programming -- a C++ class wont cut it).

Right now, the only things that can be universally understood is a simple, "MIA." Which should be enough, but I generally like a little more in-depth communication. It's... usable... as is.

Dokmazing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
They usually speak spanish/portuguese to their teammates. If you ask them to speak english when speaking to you, they usually do that.

Remember kids - if you feed, it's not the fault of the spanish speaker, it's your fault. No, you can't cry that they didn't call mia because you need to grow some map awareness. kthx.
One problem every spanish speaker or foreigner i'v played with has done absolutely terrible and done absolutely nothing luckily these players never get past 1k elo.

arkchargersfan

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodski View Post
I'm so sick and tired of playing with people who don't speak English. There is a mass market of south americans that play LoL. Every game I join their is atleast 1-2 spanish speaking persons. GET THEM OFF OF NA. thanks /endrage
no offense, but the non-spanish speakers feel the same way. and no rage, we are all gamers here

Broken Soldier

06-15-2012

This is something me and my buds have discussed on several occasions. It's not an act of prejudice or racism, it's simply understanding that a team game like this relies heavily on communication. I like being able to tell and/or be told of impending danger when it's needed as even the best map awareness doesn't leave you invulnerable to surprise ganks and the like.

Either implement some kind of simple translation system (as has been mentioned above several times) or simply provide them with their own spanish-speaking NA servers. They don't need a new region of servers all together, just modify already existing ones to be dedicated to these players.

The Lil Vaughn

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireJustice View Post
'cuz Mexico is not part of North America, and mexicans only speak english too.

really kid. grow up.
It's central America Numbnuts.

Rolinfo

06-15-2012

Well, first of all i'm from Brazil. When I play with any friend i speak english in the chat (if they know how to speak it) otherwise if they dont, i talk in portuguese, but if they say something important i just translate. I dont like to talk in portuguese because i know ppl just dont understand, and its a little confusing. I have played some games with mexicans that knew how to speak english and they kept talking spanish and they were talking ****, thinking i wouldnt know what they were talking, they ended up reported for refusing to communicate with the teammates.

you cant blame someone because he doesnt know how to speak english, but a few words he needs to know, at least mia, push etc. Like someone said earlier u cant blame them because u fed the other team, but usually this guys troll alot or doesnt know how to play, and start to do **** when the game doesnt go according to their plans.
i'd like to have a South America Server, but it couldnt be just one, because for exemple in Brazil we dont talk spanish, yeah they are pretty close languages but still not the same. So if Riot is going to do A south america server it should be divided by countries that talk different languages.

thats my opinion

Mjd24

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verandure View Post
How is that a viable option? Learn a different language because of a game? It's not xenophobia at all -- it's the fact that you cannot communicate. Either give them their own server or make it to where the game gives a loose translation automatically. I can't understand Spanish and I doubt they understand English, instead of asking somebody to spend $40 on Rosetta's Stone or more on classes, why not offer a real solution like the OP?
Just in case you decide to take this advice, know that Rosetta Stone is a lot closer to $400.00 than $40.00.
And you are going to learn how to identify food, colors, and animals long before you learn how to say "you nooblords keep feeding!"(might get that one early actually...feeding...I think the RS people were hungry when they made their software).

12345612 ... 14