Thresh as a Mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

r1c0

01-23-2013

Anybody tried Thresh AP mid yet? How did it go? Just thinking how awesome ganks could be if you set your lantern in the bush for your jungler. His passive seems pretty sweet too. I've played him a few times as support, but I just didn't think he was that great in a supporting role.

Method1cal

01-23-2013

I stand by my statement that Thresh can fill any single role. However AP mid is likely weakest as he is generally countered by AP champions. His jungle clear is also pretty weak, but the ganks would be fantastic.

He does however do fantastic as Support, Top and ADC. Just make sure you dont get counter picked by an AP champion if you choose him for top lane!

Worst Iee sin

01-25-2013

theoretically, almost any champion could "fill" any role, but some are quite bad in their roles. thresh is a decent top but is countered by most tops due to his low damage output. as mid, he has again very low damage due to low burst ratio and melee range with no blinks. Thresh cannot adc any more than say leblanc(anyone can adc with a BT/IE/PD?), in the current meta, the only adc is a ranged one. Thresh really only excels at supp, where his kit makes kills and escapes exceptionally easy.

Onij

01-25-2013

Thresh mid is pretty lackluster. He has too much cc and not enough damage to be a mid laner. I'll admit if you're pro enough he'll be able to do anything, but mid is just not viable for him.

Destroyer50000

01-25-2013

He's best as a support, but ya he can mid/solo top. It would take practice and a good build for it though.

DoubleDogDarius

01-25-2013

His kit is designed to set up kills for other teammates. So a solo lane, such as top or mid, would not be the best use for him. Jungle would be meh, but support is his real area to shine.