Welcome RiotNome!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

06-15-2012
6 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Nome, how about adding people on eu-w and playing games with them? Our chat-room has lively people lately, in the evenings, and I'm sure I could get many of the higher Elo players to play with you - even custom games with tournament level players/teams if so desired.
Sure, gimme a chat room to sit in.

DiscworldDeath

06-15-2012

Chat room is called "Dominion".

LaughingWalrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
though with TT at least, I'm already fairly well-versed on its issues and have a plan of attack.
I hope that involves moving the fountain away or shifting creep movement pattern so you can't drag super creeps into the laser.

Not sure how that wasn't caught in pre-launch testing, because holy moly that is the most aggravating feature ever

ArlanKels

06-15-2012

Quote:
Sure, gimme a chat room to sit in.
DominateDominion on the US servers, Dominion on EU-W.

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

06-15-2012
7 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingWalrus View Post
I hope that involves moving the fountain away or shifting creep movement pattern so you can't drag super creeps into the laser.

Not sure how that wasn't caught in pre-launch testing, because holy moly that is the most aggravating feature ever
I don't want to turn this into a TT topic (since I'm already conversing in the TT forums as well), but yes, that's priority one. It appears to be a bug, rather than a numbers issue.

TheFrenchTickler

06-15-2012

Finally, not just a red - but one with killer swog ; )

Genericke

06-15-2012

Jabebot's dominion elo reading capabilities were taken away in the Lulu patch, which was a huge blow to dominion's competitive scene, as it lacks a ranked play option. The reasoning had something to do with there being more negative consequences than good ones for knowing hidden elo values. Recently however I'm sure you guys are all aware of lolmatches and how it can read several different hidden elos. It however has done tremendous things for bringing competitiveness back into elo, while also being able to track personal progress. Are you guys planning to leave lolmatches as is (please), or are you guys attempting to change this as well?

Should you guys change it, can you please try and do so after the addition of ranked to dominion. It really has been an amazing tool for the community while it lacks this option.

inFe eD

06-15-2012

Quote:
I don't know the status of ranked right now. I'll ask around.

Regarding Zhonya's Ring: I'd prefer not to go down that route. Given the hypothetical, preferable scenario where AP are as viable as any other class, having every AP player rush the item would probably have negative effects on the game.

I did, with limited involvement.
I've heard similar reasoning in the past from other Rioters, and this has always made me curious: why is AD carry itemization allowed to be so linear (Infinity Edge + Dancer while stacking lifesteal/dorans is and has for a long time been the only viable route on all but a few edge case AD carries), while a similarly streamlined build for AP carries is judged to be harmful?

larkhill

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
I've heard similar reasoning in the past from other Rioters, and this has always made me curious: why is AD carry itemization allowed to be so linear (Infinity Edge + Dancer while stacking lifesteal/dorans is and has for a long time been the only viable route on all but a few edge case AD carries), while a similarly streamlined build for AP carries is judged to be harmful?
zhonyas was removed because it was the single best item for every single AP champ in the game. there was no situation where u didnt want to rush a zhonyas. when 1 item becomes that good for that many champs, its probably a problem.

not all AD need/want dancer. ie + dancer doesnt give enough pure dmg to champs who u need to stack AD on. bloodthirster loses stacks when u die. we dont have every single AD champ buying the same item asap every game and thats y they arent nerfed yet.

zhonyas was removed because there was no thinking involved in choosing that item over something else. doesnt matter who ur facing, whos on ur team or which champ u r. if ur champ scaled off AP, u bought zhonyas first every time. AD champs sinply arent in that situation.

JasmineChen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2012

for those interested here's the TT bug thread

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2217715

welcome Nome.