Welcome RiotNome!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG Denz Brujah

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Your first service to the Dominion community shall be returning our queue dodge penalties to us. Do this, and you will have earned my respect and admiration.

Alternately, come up with a ****ed good reason why they were taken away.
Your first service to the Dominion community shall be returning Ranked

FTFY

Insanus

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denz Brujah View Post
Your first service to the Dominion community shall be returning Ranked

FTFY
Personally i would much rather have the dodge penalty. Ranked sounds fun and i think it would give Dominion some credibility, but if you think that que times are bad now just wait until you split the draft players in half. The 3-7 dodges per game are hurting my Dominion experience more than the lack of a ranked game.

Nome or Die

Game Designer

06-15-2012
5 of 8 Riot Posts

I don't know the status of ranked right now. I'll ask around.

Regarding Zhonya's Ring: I'd prefer not to go down that route. Given the hypothetical, preferable scenario where AP are as viable as any other class, having every AP player rush the item would probably have negative effects on the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opreich View Post
Nome, sort of an off-topic question, but did you work on the 3v3 map for HoN?
I did, with limited involvement.

larkhill

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Your first service to the Dominion community shall be returning our queue dodge penalties to us. Do this, and you will have earned my respect and admiration.

Alternately, come up with a ****ed good reason why they were taken away.
quoted for truth

id love an answer to this as well. the removal of the queue dodge penalty is very confusing

Phourc

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanus View Post
Personally i would much rather have the dodge penalty. Ranked sounds fun and i think it would give Dominion some credibility, but if you think that que times are bad now just wait until you split the draft players in half. The 3-7 dodges per game are hurting my Dominion experience more than the lack of a ranked game.
QFT, if they put dodge penalties back in I could play draft and get more than one game ever 15 minutes...

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanus View Post
imho there are plenty of e-peen competitive players on the internetz specially on Lol which is mainly a pvp game if they introduced ranked Dominion it woulb be another thing for those players to show off, thus attracting more people, i wouldn't think that ranked dominion would increase the queue times.

DiscworldDeath

06-15-2012

Nome, how about adding people on eu-w and playing games with them? Our chat-room has lively people lately, in the evenings, and I'm sure I could get many of the higher Elo players to play with you - even custom games with tournament level players/teams if so desired.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2012

Add Ranked, then let's focus on other way less important stuff.

Ardnalis

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Nome, how about adding people on eu-w and playing games with them? Our chat-room has lively people lately, in the evenings, and I'm sure I could get many of the higher Elo players to play with you - even custom games with tournament level players/teams if so desired.
For kicks, I went over to the EU-W server a while ago to see if they had a wildly different meta. I normally have ~80 ping on the US server, whilst on EU-W I have 120 or so. A friend I queue with often goes from 90 to 150, another from 50 to 200.

So basically, the pings are going to be a bit of an issue.

DiscworldDeath

06-15-2012

I have 120 ping normally on eu-w, and it's the server I always play on :P
120 is not uncommon for 1-2 people to have in every game on eu-w.