Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Welcome RiotNome!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MMKH

06-14-2012

Finally, we have a Rioter who comments on the Dominion forums with the promise of helping the mode and community. Let's make ranked Dominion a reality.

Pemmin

06-14-2012

I would just like to echo most everyone else and state that it's very nice to have a Rioter posting in the forums with the intention of improving both dominion and treeline.

Hamm3rhand

06-14-2012

Quote:
RiotNome:
For the next week or so, I'm going to continue with immediate postlaunch support on Proving Grounds. We were light on resources and time for it, and there's a few things Brackhar and I would like to smooth out before we let it run free. During this time I'll be doing some research on Dominion and Twisted Treeline, though with TT at least, I'm already fairly well-versed on its issues and have a plan of attack. With Dominion, the first wave of balance will probably be to adjust global mechanics if necessary, then hit itemization. That latter part will extend for quite a while; tweaks to existing (Dominion-only) items will be quick and ongoing, but any potential new items (see the "HP Items" thread) will take longer to test and get art for.

Ah, does this mean that we wont be getting dominion ranked for 'quite a while' then? oh well, at least there is progress being made!

On an unrelated note, i don't know if you remember but a while back there was a glitch where you could play TT as a 6v6, and I got to say that was super fun. Just in case you wanted to really switch things up there haha.

Helixes

06-14-2012

Quote:
RiotNome:
For the next week or so, I'm going to continue with immediate postlaunch support on Proving Grounds. We were light on resources and time for it, and there's a few things Brackhar and I would like to smooth out before we let it run free. During this time I'll be doing some research on Dominion and Twisted Treeline, though with TT at least, I'm already fairly well-versed on its issues and have a plan of attack. With Dominion, the first wave of balance will probably be to adjust global mechanics if necessary, then hit itemization. That latter part will extend for quite a while; tweaks to existing (Dominion-only) items will be quick and ongoing, but any potential new items (see the "HP Items" thread) will take longer to test and get art for.

I like you already.

Also give Rickless a kick in the arse with that boot and tell him to get back over here.

Zeoroot

06-14-2012

Quote:
RiotNome:

¿A red that cares about Dominion?

I think I love you already.

LadysKnight

06-14-2012

Quote:
RiotNome:

It is nice to hear someone with a plan.

Could we get some word on ranked? It'd be nice to know anything about it. Its, on the table, not in the near future, no work on it... anything more than what we know now

Rebonack

06-14-2012

I would love to see the global auras changed. The percentile pen helps out those tanky derps with high base damage, a heap of defense items, and a chip on their shoulder.

Try replacing armor pen and magic pen with bonus Crit Damage and a percentile boost to AP, respectively. See if that helps out the ranged types and the casters.

Soup44

06-14-2012

Quote:
RiotNome:

Thumbs up because you mentioned treeline and have been looking at it. The main problems in my opinion are the proximity of the nexus turret to the healing pad as well as the strength of jungle creeps and their spawn randomness.

ShawNuff

06-14-2012

Nome, would you be down if highish normal elo players added you and played games with you. I know they generally enjoy dominion and would love to see it improve and it might help (I know you can spectate games, but that generally extra work to figure out why top players do what they do than just asking them)

Zeiro

06-14-2012

RiotNome, are you, in any way, related to Mao Nome, Sara Nome, or Sheryl Nome?