Runes for AD

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karkling69

06-14-2012

Hello:

I want to know what runes are the best for general ad champion, because Im close to reach level 20. What runes are the best for seals, glyphs, marks and quints?

Thank you and goodbye!

PD: Im chilean, so sorry for the grammatical errors

RiotTiza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

06-14-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

For my AD rune pages, I run flat AD reds/quints, flat Armor yellows, and MR/level blues. I also have pages with flat MR blues, in case I'm in a lane with a lot of magic damage harass (Tristana, Lulu, sometimes Kog), and Armor Pen reds in case I plan on being super aggressive towards enemy champions.

Some alternatives include Attack Speed blues/reds (which I use for Kog'Maw in particular), Armor Pen reds/quints (if you're going to be very aggressive in lane), or Magic Regen yellows (if you're playing a safe lane like Ashe/Janna and want to spam your abilities without getting hit).

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

my two main pages are
armor seals, mr/lvl glyphs
then I either go all ad red/quints or 6 arp reds 3 ad red and 3 ad quints

this mostly depends on who I am laning against
ad/arp for agressive lanes with tank supports such as blitz/ali/leona
full ad for squishy supports like soraka/janna

Enterti

06-14-2012

I have two ad rune pages.

The normal one is arpen reds flat ad quints flat armor yellows and mres/lv blues

The other one is for use on carries that have abilities that boost their ad or add damage to basic attacks as a passive, such as tryn yi and varus. For those i use lifesteal quints instead of flat ad

kavinh the third

06-14-2012

i think the best load out would be flat ad red/quints armor yellows and MR/lvl or cdr/lvl blues.
Armor pen's useful only early in the game but it's weaker overall for killing creeps and certain champions with ad scalings on spells. Not to mention most ad carries run last whisper eventually which makes it kinda useless. over the bonus 15 ad u could've gotten.

RiotTiza

eSports Coordinator

06-14-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavinh the third View Post
i think the best load out would be flat ad red/quints armor yellows and MR/lvl or cdr/lvl blues.
Armor pen's useful only early in the game but it's weaker overall for killing creeps and certain champions with ad scalings on spells. Not to mention most ad carries run last whisper eventually which makes it kinda useless. over the bonus 15 ad u could've gotten.
Armor Pen is insanely useful late game. AD is useful mostly for last hitting.

Also armor yellows are basically mandatory. You're going to take some autoattacks, and your squishy self will be in a lot of trouble really fast if you're not packing some extra armor.