Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Ranked leavers and Loss Of Elo Due to it.

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swooshter

Senior Member

06-17-2012

Selcopa, can I borrow your crystal ball and magic teleporting boots? Based on what you say, you seem to think that I should be everywhere on the map at all times, especially during the times the enemy makes a mistake. Sure, I have flash and boots in game, but they are not always quick enough to get me from top lane when bot lane just made a mistake. Please tell me your secret on how you go across the map in 1 second every chance the enemy makes a mistake.

Let me try again, without the sarcasm. If I am mid, how do I help both top and bot from failing, while still protecting mid? Keep in mind, in that scenario, only my jungle could actually cover mid (since top and bot are failing), and that is also assuming that the jungle actually listens to my request on help covering mid. Maybe in your games everybody listens to every word you say as if they are puppets, but for most of us, they dont. In fact, if they at least listened half the time to suggestions, then I wouldnt have as many losses.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Osmium Tasukete

Member

06-17-2012

4v5 games that start with an afk person are like 5v5 games, if not better for your team. At least you don't have the 5th person to feed the opposing team in which case you play carefully, try not to make mistakes that cost you your lane or a kill, if you play cautiously their jungle will have a hell of a time with ganking and you can pull through. In my opinion it is up to your bottom lane to win at that point, that should be the lane that is the strongest, if it isn't you rely on your mid, if not there then your top, if all three lanes are incompetent then that it, you can't come back.

Welcome to Elo Hell, they call it that for a reason and there is a reason it's hard to climb out of it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Selcopa

Senior Member

06-18-2012

Quote:
Swooshter:
Selcopa, can I borrow your crystal ball and magic teleporting boots? Based on what you say, you seem to think that I should be everywhere on the map at all times, especially during the times the enemy makes a mistake. Sure, I have flash and boots in game, but they are not always quick enough to get me from top lane when bot lane just made a mistake. Please tell me your secret on how you go across the map in 1 second every chance the enemy makes a mistake.

If you are not ready for the advice on how to win more games, you dont need to keep posting, I understand that you are attempting to "prove to me" what I have done(win games that you yourself wouldnt have won, and climb out of elo hell), cannot be done,however I just dont buy the fact that "Oh you cant do this" when I have already done those things.

Mistakes arent exclusively capitalized on the specific lane they are made in, understanding how best to capitalize on different situations is what gives you better opportunities to win, Jungler level 2 ganks? Steal his buff, mid lane goes back? Gank bot or top lane or steal wraiths, Jungler shows up top and enemy bot lane gets pushed back? Free dragon. You top lane and you force them out of lane? Push the wave, go back, gank mid or bottom or grab teleport and jump on bot lane, force dragon as he's way out of position from returning to top.

As for my crystal ball, this comes from hundreds of games of experience, recognizing what the enemy team wants to do and is going to try to do, and being ready to counter their plays, you ever have a game where their jungler seems to always be in the right place at the perfect time? Sometimes its luck, many times its you are just playing very predictable.

My magic teleporting boots? Get experience, learn where you need to be based on the time of the game, and both team combinations, learn what matchups are stronger than the other and different levels, how long it takes to get to that level, and start being in the right place at the right times.


Quote:
Let me try again, without the sarcasm. If I am mid, how do I help both top and bot from failing, while still protecting mid? Keep in mind, in that scenario, only my jungle could actually cover mid (since top and bot are failing), and that is also assuming that the jungle actually listens to my request on help covering mid. Maybe in your games everybody listens to every word you say as if they are puppets, but for most of us, they dont. In fact, if they at least listened half the time to suggestions, then I wouldnt have as many losses.


This is my favorite scenario to discuss.

Every game is going to be different, along with your personal preferences of playstyle, but there should be some similar trends for sub 1200 games.

You should be winning your lane:If you arent, why are you complaining about the other lanes
When there is no gank available, you should be stealing enemy wraiths: This slows the enemy jungler, and relieves pressure off the other lanes as the jungler will be more apt to gank you.
Top Ganks are easier to help your teammate snowball, Bottom Ganks are for dragon control: Depends on what color you are and how much warding is happening will make the decision on what lane you should be ganking more.
It is critical that you turn one of the lanes from a losing lane into a winning lane: Gank one lane alot, make sure they get ahead, its alot easier to win when you assist one of your lanes than both.
Grab Mobility Boots: Just because Ahri, Anivia, Ziggs or Morgana dont use Mobility as a 'standard' boots, doesnt mean you aren't allowed to buy them, recognize when you need to be frequently moving around the map, and buy items that will assist you to win
MEJAIS: adds about 400 gold to each of your kills in power, you can have a stupid bot lane, you get 5-8 stacks on your mejais and all your support or AD carry has to do is stun them for 1 second(taric stun) and you will kill their AD carry as Ahri, I dont care what their support is.

But like I said, every game is different, this is why I go over replays to see what I would have done different to win the game, generic tips are very difficult to give out in such a complex game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Page

Senior Member

06-20-2012

Quote:
Selcopa:

Grab Mobility Boots: Just because Ahri, Anivia, Ziggs or Morgana dont use Mobility as a 'standard' boots, doesnt mean you aren't allowed to buy them, recognize when you need to be frequently moving around the map, and buy items that will assist you to win


Only thing this guy said that makes any sense. And alot it does.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ApackofPonies

Junior Member

06-20-2012

Consider though that some people have patchy internet connections. For example sometimes I play 5-6 games during a day that all go fine, my connectivity is great, but then I play a game where my internet shuts down, or I get low connectivity and I can no longer connect to the game. They should assess circumstances when deciding how elo is removed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HalcyonGlaze

Junior Member

06-20-2012

Don't feed the troll boys. I would've thought you guys would understand this by now. ^.~


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Selcopa

Senior Member

06-22-2012

Quote:
JP Andrecht:
Only thing this guy said that makes any sense. And alot it does.


Good to know that you were able to glean some of the concepts off my posts, but the fact that the rest of it didnt make sense just shows you arent ready for that level of play yet.

Best of luck to you!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fred212

Member

06-22-2012

i have encountered leavers in 90% of my ranked games and i know of people who got sick of this and stoped playing you could join a 5v5 team or play the 3v3 ranks. riot needs to do something about this whatever it is to help everyone with this situations


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Selcopa

Senior Member

06-22-2012

Quote:
fred212:
i have encountered leavers in 90% of my ranked games and i know of people who got sick of this and stoped playing you could join a 5v5 team or play the 3v3 ranks. riot needs to do something about this whatever it is to help everyone with this situations


No you havent, unless you have only played like 5 games


12