[Suggestion] Spectator Mode - Save replay on file

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bernava

06-14-2012

As now we have the spectator mode, I think that an option to save the match replay would be really nice.
I didnít see many topics about this and I think riot should give attention.
Work like:
-After a match ends, players should have an option to save a file. This file could be opened later to be watched as if were in the spectator mode.
-Players who were watching the match as spectators also can save a file.

The main benefits for this are:

-Will be almost impossible to cheat
-Will help players improve skills watching champions of interest.
-Share epic battles or championship battles!

Letís make a move so riot could give attention to this issue.

danilolindo

06-14-2012

i think that's a really good idea!

dBiagi

06-14-2012

that will be great

macxnum

06-14-2012

I think that the replays will just increase in battles level in LOL. Because we could learn more with the mistakes and successes of players, analyze the pros and cons of champions in battles and build strategies based on the opponents (champions/players). With this replay would leave the fiercest battles.

MataL0te

06-14-2012

Great idea!!

Spork of Doom

06-14-2012

You can actually already do all that using LOLReplay and the newly added "Record all matches in SpecMode option". You can view other players replays from the same site too

http://www.leaguereplays.com

Bernava

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork of Doom View Post
You can actually already do all that using LOLReplay and the newly added "Record all matches in SpecMode option". You can view other players replays from the same site too

http://www.leaguereplays.com
Yes, I already used LOLReplay, but unless they changed, we only can see the player on focus.
Its no possible to remove fog, see other time or check status of other chapions.
Spectator mode, you need to be the spectator not a player.

Correct me if I wrong.

Besides, I think league of legends should have own record replay way, not third part programs.
They could have shared the last championship replays in lol site for example.

FriedChickenMan

06-14-2012

This is a great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernava View Post
Yes, I already used LOLReplay, but unless they changed, we only can see the player on focus.
Its no possible to remove fog, see other time or check status of other chapions.

Correct me if I wrong.

Besides, I think league of legends should have own record replay way, not third part programs.
On top of what Bernava pointed out, it would just be easier to have an official Riot release of something like this.

Spork of Doom

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernava View Post

Correct me if I wrong.
You are wrong Like I said in my post if you enable "Record all matches in SpecMode" in the LOLReplay options you can do all the spectator mode options such as skipping forwards and backwards, viewing both teams etc.

Quote:
True, it would be nice to have a replay feature built in, still, I think LOLReplay is getting pretty close to a fully featured replay system now

dBiagi

06-15-2012

will be great if riot develop his own game recorder, because the lolReplay is very limited.