Should I buy Pulsefire Ezreal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kreyni

06-14-2012

I played Ezreal for a bit on free week, but that was when I was like level 2 and had low skill with skillshots.

I like Lux a lot, and hit most of her skillshots. Ezreal appeals to me a lot, especially with his global ult and low-CD flash, but got Lux instead because Ezreal was too costly.

Now the question is, should I buy Ezreal and his new skin on sale? I want Ezreal, but the price was always a bit much. I am also uncertain of the amount of skill I have with him.

If I do get him, I'll main Lux and Ezreal, because they're both so awesome.

I have like 300IP ATM, so I'll be using RP for both the champion and the skin. I think the only time that using RP for champs is viable are on 6300 ones. Like, an hour at work VS 5-6 days of grinding.

So, eh, do you think I should go for it? Pulsefire looks baws.

Phennek

06-14-2012

I would suggest that even though you don't want to do the 5-6 day grind, that you should start saving ip now. That way you'll be happier getting Ezreal for free, and you should have him before the 4 day sale on pulsefire is over.

Rikain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phennek View Post
I would suggest that even though you don't want to do the 5-6 day grind, that you should start saving ip now. That way you'll be happier getting Ezreal for free, and you should have him before the 4 day sale on pulsefire is over.
6300 IP is more than a 5-6 day grind id imagine.

BStein

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

you really shouldnt buy a champ just for the skin, expecialy a skin that is going to cost about $20 in riot points. i would wait till you know if you are going to like ez then buy him.

AJStarhiker

06-14-2012

Well, for me, I'd had Ez on my list of "Yeah, I'd like to get him eventually". Pulsefire just jumped him to the top of the list.

Kreyni

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJStarhiker View Post
Well, for me, I'd had Ez on my list of "Yeah, I'd like to get him eventually". Pulsefire just jumped him to the top of the list.
Exactly what I had in mind. Anyone know around when the skin will be released? On idea conditions, I'd save up for Ezreal, and see if I like him before the skin comes out, but if the date is earlier than expected, I'm getting Ez with RP, and if I really dislike him I'll use the remainder for other skins (Had Spellthief on my mid for a while), and using my farmed IP for runes.

Good plan?

qwertyrandom

06-15-2012

Don't bother buying a legendary skin unless you actually have a passion for playing the champion. To use Ezreal you need to be quite a skilled player due to his whole set being skillshots.

Fusrodahn

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyrandom View Post
Don't bother buying a legendary skin unless you actually have a passion for playing the champion. To use Ezreal you need to be quite a skilled player due to his whole set being skillshots.
^
Exactly. Pulsfire Ezreal is an amazing skin that Riot worked really hard on, but if you don't end up liking Ezreal and don't use him much...then really it's just a waste of money if you're to buy the skin.
I'd go off the principle of just buying skins in general for the champions you really like and use them as your mains. For example, I only bought Vladimir's legendary skin because he's my main top lane champion.

Tabnir

06-15-2012

Basically what the others have said.

On the other hand, if you're looking to waste money, there are a lot worse places it can go to.
At least I'd rather throw money at Riot than a company that puts out day 1 DLC, or one that shuts down its servers for at least half a day every week to enforce their draconian laws on what constitutes proper gameplay [I'm looking at you, Diablo 37].

Kreyni

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusrodahn View Post
^
Exactly. Pulsfire Ezreal is an amazing skin that Riot worked really hard on, but if you don't end up liking Ezreal and don't use him much...then really it's just a waste of money if you're to buy the skin.
I'd go off the principle of just buying skins in general for the champions you really like and use them as your mains. For example, I only bought Vladimir's legendary skin because he's my main top lane champion.
Yeah, I've just gotten Ezreal off of my "to buy later" list, and I enjoy him a lot. Went 11/5/5 on my first game, because Jax is free and his stun is extremely annoying in a teamfight.

Thinking of maining him along with Lux. I guess Pulsefire it is, and Spellthief too.