Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can't control my character sometimes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lnfuego

02-13-2012

This has been happening to me ever since the Ziggs patch. Game has been fine for me previously. I checked out some of the Youtube videos posted in this thread. Whilst it is not as bad as this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uop94EkFKyU it is definitely noticeable.

Chaingate110

02-19-2012

ever since the nautilis patch it stopped happening so =D

Alestar87

02-29-2012

I was playing Rivan and Poppy charged me into a turret, then I couldn't move, use my abilities, or use recall (B). I could use my summoner spells, but using them didn't help. I restarted the client three times and it didn't help. The game ended without me dieing after that or the turret being destroyed, so I don't know how that would of effected the situation.

XxspurnedXx

05-05-2012

im sorry but i got to necro this i have a advanced version of this or something but i get it at the beggining of the game in the spawing pool i cant move i cant open shop and i cant get abillites
execpt by hitting ctrl 1 2 or 3

and i can reconnect and be perfectly fine

BadgerSlayer

12-09-2012

Now I'm having this issue -_-. Have been for a month now. Made me quit the game.

Prilosac

12-27-2012

To the Riot employee, I'm almost 100% certain its a server side issue. I have the same problem, and it happens on any champion (tonight it was ezreal, vayne, pantheon, didn't matter who) and I can still talk on TeamSpeak, browse the web, and use Skype. Only thing that crashes is control of my character. And then when I go to log back in, it takes multiple tries because the login client (seemingly, from what I can deduce) isn't actually putting me into queue

xCreepeRx

12-27-2012

I have been having having this issue a lot lately, on two different IP's, so that means it is a definite server side glitch of some sort. Also my ping is alot higher than usual, up to about 220 from 180.

I was just trying to practice jungling as Amumu in a bot game, I ask for a leash, everything is going normally then I get to wraiths and they aren't there, I had my W active and I was starting to take some damage from an unknown source, then the wraiths suddenly appeared and they had taken a bit of damage, presumably from my W. Attack animations also don't show for the most part when these lag incidents occur. Also, a massive ping spike upwards of 10000 happens right before the ridiculous lag sequence starts. Again, this has happened from two different IP addresses.

There was a Sivir on my team in that game, I asked in chat whether or not anyone else was having the same sort of issue, a Gragas said he sometimes had these incidents, and the Sivir said she was having them at the same time as me, that's when I became sure that this bug was not only happening to me.

I cannot control my champion during the lag

Please fix this, I could record a video of this and put it on Youtube or something, will post a link to it later.

Valkyrie Kitsune

12-27-2012

Same with me. Walking somewhere then I lose control. Game doesn't freeze, stuff still goes on around me, I just can't control my character.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2933034

Grondavor

12-27-2012

This has happened to me about 5 times the last 2 days. It has never happened to me before that. I think there are a lot of problems with the servers at the moment because there are a lot of lag issues and other server issues the last few dyas

MiG Arktis

Recruiter

01-02-2013

This happened to me today. I thought the bug was resolved, Guess I am wrong. Lost 12 elo due to it. Riot please put this on priority, this is a game breaking and fully random bug that needs to be addressed. I don't know when it is or isn't safe to play ranked...