Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can't control my character sometimes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aurionin

01-23-2012

I had this happening a lot recently as well. I've only had it while playing Singed, though.

DeadlyBroccoli

01-23-2012

This is has gone too far, i can't even play (really, i can't play getting stuck and clicking like a maniac on the ground to move) I just played a game where 3 people in our team was lagging like that, riot please don't give us more champions, first fix the **** game so we can play. im going to quit until this gets fixed (looks like im not going to play in a long time)

Sorry for all the ranting, but this issue happens in EVERY game i play. Bots, dominion, 3v3, 5v5, customs.

TheElitist

01-24-2012

bump.

happened to my entire team intermittently during a game. We were all on different internet connections (granted the same ISP) so... I don't really see each of us having the same problem during the same game being an issue on our end. (at least, not for the same reason, unless it's a server issue)

I can still see everything going on around, my champ will still auto attack, I can even still type (also talk in skype, so not an internet problem), minions and other champs move around me, I can see everything happening as if all is good, but I cannot move or activate skills or spells. After several 10-30 seconds, or after I die, it seems to fix.

Bacchus3

01-25-2012

I've also experienced this in 5v5 multiplayer games and a 5v5 custom game where I was the only non-AI. It occurred with Caitlyn and GP most recently. I've played a lot of Sivir games and have not noticed this issue. As with the others, I can see other champs moving, ping is stable, and chat still works. I'm not having any issues with my Vent while playing or any other games I play, so it seems to be isolated to LOL.

izari

01-25-2012

Quote:
Kirosaki:
Yup this happens to me but when i click it starts to ping with the "Fall Back" Ping and just keeps doing it over and over and over again. I have to alt-tab out and in and thats the only way ive found to fix it. It still causes a lot of deaths tho...

This is the same exact issue I have.
I'll be playing and suddenly my character locks and all I can do is ping "fall-back". Nothing works; clicking nor using my keys. I normally have to restart.
I ended up with a full leave because of this, and usually it results in a death.

I only have this issue on my laptop; it's never happened on my PC.
Specs:
Toshiba Satellite P755-S5270
CPU: Intel Core i5-2410m 2.30 GHZ
RAM: 6GB DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M, 1GB
15.6", 1366x768

I've submitted an in-game report but haven't heard anything. : /
I'll probably try reporting it after each game it happens to see if they can find a pattern.

Hsarus

01-25-2012

Happends to me way to often to and it's impossible to be my connection when I have the fastest speed connection that I'm paying for. And having a 40-50ping connection then suddenly 1300 but I can see everyone move expect for me that I'm stuck always in a bad moment then I die happends like 3-5times a game really annoying.

Belzemuth

01-28-2012

ffs look at this topic of long it is
i got this problem since last patch my screen getting froze evry 5 sec NO latency NO fps drop ALL my driver r updated but u guys the DEVS dude dont give a **** about our issues and now im thinking of uninstall the game coz its became soo annoying

Belzemuth

01-28-2012

ffs look at this topic of long it is
i got this problem since last patch my screen getting froze evry 5 sec NO latency NO fps drop ALL my driver r updated but u guys the DEVS dude dont give a **** about our issues and now im thinking of uninstall the game coz its became soo annoying

PRN

01-28-2012

This bug is still happening to me but it's very rare to duplicate this bug! Because this happens to me maybe 1 in 50 games you know? But besides that, I hear my friends on skype have the same issue in the games we play (not at the same time or necessarily the same game as me).

I lose control of the character completely. Sometimes I'll be playing Lux and I can't move. Sometimes I'll tell her to go to someplace and she goes, but after that I can't move her, she just continues running to the location and waits for my next command. But I can't do anything! Can't even use my skills (the ui doesnt show up). The only way I've ever fixed it as spam the B button.
I've noticed this never happening end-game, it's always like between maybe 3:00 and 25:00.. it's always happened when I'm still laning 1v1 in mid.

She doesn't b straight away, it takes like 6-10 seconds for her to respond to a b-button spam. This happens on other characters too I just only remember Lux...

Chaos Teddy

01-28-2012

I Cant move My Champion in 5v5 and 3v3 i dont no about About Bots or Dominion yet thought But Can u plz just try and Fix this?Or is it Just the Champions i use?I Use Wukong And Cho'Gath plz tell me! Im Letting My Team Down on 3v3 and 5v5!