Can't control my character sometimes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malurth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2010

happens to me sometimes when I start a bot game. Have to relog to fix, quitting and reentering doesn't help.

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

08-27-2010
2 of 10 Riot Posts

If anyone can give more in-depth details about this problem it would be very helpful.

For example what champion were you using? Where were you? What were you doing? How late into the game was it? How often does this happen? How long does it usually last?

NYCbrawler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

Last time it happened I was using Zilean, I was top lane between the two towers farming creeps just fine until the two enemy champes approached (katarina and Zilean.) At that point I was stuck at the creep wave on auto attack. TF was my lane partner and he was harrassing them to keep them away from me. I was able to type, but whenever i clicked a flash of the green cursor would appear but not the full arrow that signifies that you clicked to move. I tried using my abilities and health pot, but neither would work. This was early game, level 3. It happened whenever I got close to heavy action involving other champs. I was not able to move until I was killed and respawned. I then began to jungle no problem and when i went back to lane I once again froze in the same area, this time closer to the grass. By mid game, I stopped freezing and was able to play normally.

Spikywarkitten

08-27-2010

Last time this happened to me, i was Cho'gath and it was around the 35 min mark, i believe. I couldnt move for over 1 min. but could watch my teammates fighting our enemies and such, and the escape button did bring up the menu. Dont remember what characters I was teamed with though.
I closed the client, because i thought restarting it might help. I couldnt "reconnect to game" i clicked the button but it just grayed out. I closed the rest of LoL, like pvp.net and all that, and when i restarted LoL, it at first appeared as unavailable, then went to "online". I started back into the game and it worked fine from there.
*I submitted my logs through the client after the match.

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

08-27-2010
3 of 10 Riot Posts

Thanks for the info dudes!

Keep it coming.

SteelRonin

08-30-2010

i have the same problem when i play with JAX. At middle/later game, my jax didn't answer to my commands, many times it happen at 5 vs 5 battles, my jax didnt move, and also, he didnt cast any skill or spell. I dont have problems with lag, my internet connection is good. But this problem only happen when i play Jax.

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

08-30-2010
4 of 10 Riot Posts

Is this still happening to people?

Remember keep submitting logs. (top right corner of PvP.net -- click the gear box and then go to "Submit Logs")

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

08-30-2010

Statikk, we're still getting reports of this in H&S, http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=220000

and I can confirm I had a friend playing Ashe who had this happen 1 time about halfway through a 40 minute game last night.

Archavian

08-30-2010

WELL I am GLAD you guys only get it once in a blue moon, last game, playing Urgot, it happened at LEAST 12 times. And no you don't just sit there, when enemies are in the lane and you are there you chase them in auto attack, kinda like how my second time dying I ran into their tower chasing him while clicking frantically to turn around with no luck. It isn't anything but this game, I play Starcraft II, no problem, any other game is fine, but it is happening more and more for me on LoL. Like everyone else says, I can type to my team and try and tell them it isn't my fault but that is about it. When it happens it feels like the game is telling my mouse to "screw off." It is very random. You can be fine for a few minutes, but then it kicks in and you can't control anything with the mouse on your character. you can move the mouse around and look around you like the mini map and stuff, but you can't click on anything, that's basically what is is, but it seems when it happens as well I can't cast spells with QWER either... It is weird.

Cliet

08-30-2010

It's been happening to me a lot recently. Just my last game as Udyr, it began happening about 20 minutes into the game. I think it might have something to do with my side, as my sister who is playing a few rooms over was experiencing it at about the same time as me. It would happen every 1-2 minutes, and reconnecting didn't help. Udyr would continuously attack minions around him, pushing forward if new minions came. I died to towers 2-3 times because my character would stand there and just auto-attack and wouldn't move. This isn't the first time it's happened so I hope it gets resolved soon