Can't control my character sometimes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ikool

10-25-2010

This may or may not be related, but this happens to me depending on my internet conditions.

When I play at home with my wireless, I never have this problem.
When I play at school on the wireless, I have this problem occasionally, not all the time. It's been happening a lot more recently though.
Same happens with my friends. Fine at home, frozen in school.

Hopefully helps you guys figure stuff out.

Dummbullen

10-26-2010

Ive noticed that the healthbars of minions goes invisible now and then (think its related to this bug) AND if the bug starts after pressing an abilty, you can fix it by doubleclicking enter. But if the bug starts because of people showing up or just for no reason, you cant.
This bug is really annoying.
But the most annoying this is that Riot seems to ignore this .. ? Please prove me wrong Riot! :S

Daikaze

10-26-2010

It's frustrating to watch my character auto-attack/chase enemies due to this issue. This would be slightly less annoying if I could turn auto-attack off to prevent my champ from chasing without my control.

Forbeodan

10-26-2010

I've only been experiencing this problem after the .103 patch (not sure if it began after subsequent patches or the main one). I'm having problems in about 1 to every 3 games where I suddenly am unable to right-click move my champion anywhere, my FPS is still high, and there is still movement on the screen. Sometimes I can even see other players moving around but my character is completely unresponsive. Extremely frustrating when I die because I was unable to move. Last night it happened in one game and my character actually ended up running toward an enemy tower in mid lane even though I was clicking on the mini map to direct it to go behind our own outer turret.

Zkat8it

10-26-2010

I get this issue sometimes also. But I only notice it when I use XFire overlay to chat then when switching back to the game. I'm unable to move or click anything in general. Usually fixed by going into the XFire overlay and back to the game once or twice more.

Dummbullen

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbeodan View Post
I've only been experiencing this problem after the .103 patch (not sure if it began after subsequent patches or the main one). I'm having problems in about 1 to every 3 games where I suddenly am unable to right-click move my champion anywhere, my FPS is still high, and there is still movement on the screen. Sometimes I can even see other players moving around but my character is completely unresponsive. Extremely frustrating when I die because I was unable to move. Last night it happened in one game and my character actually ended up running toward an enemy tower in mid lane even though I was clicking on the mini map to direct it to go behind our own outer turret.
That happens me 25 times every match :/

Villiroth

10-26-2010

Ive had a similar problem, I find when I alt-tab a couple times it brings it back to normal. Alt-tab also seems to be the cause a lot of times.

Zkat8it

10-26-2010

I just had this issue again. Sat there clicking for a few minutes and not moving. Seems to be lag/disconnect related. This time though it happened to my whole team shortly after the match started at the same time. ( we were not in the same house so it was not my internet connection ) After multiple in-game reconnect messages we decided to exit out and restart the game and reconnect that way. When I logged back in, I was prompted with the home screen as if the match had never taken place. Nothing about the match was recorded in my match history either. Same with my friends, no match for them either.

Dummbullen

10-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkat8it View Post
I just had this issue again. Sat there clicking for a few minutes and not moving. Seems to be lag/disconnect related. This time though it happened to my whole team shortly after the match started at the same time. ( we were not in the same house so it was not my internet connection ) After multiple in-game reconnect messages we decided to exit out and restart the game and reconnect that way. When I logged back in, I was prompted with the home screen as if the match had never taken place. Nothing about the match was recorded in my match history either. Same with my friends, no match for them either.
Well that has nothing with this bug to do

Polymath

10-28-2010

This issue making the game nearly unplayable. I'm not quite there yet, but I wouldn't even dare enter a ranked game in these conditions. I've already spent some money on LoL, but I don't think I'll be spending anymore until this is resolved.

As far as I can tell it's the same old MovementHelper Assertion Failure bug:

Quote:
Program: ...
File: C:\Builds\LiveBuild\code\HeroWars_clientServer\Sou rces\ObjectsCode\MovementHelper_Client.cpp
Line: 57

Function: MovementHelper::HandleWaypoint
Expression: size > 0

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

001989.936| 515176.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Assert Description: General hard assert occurred, game may crash!
001991.113| 515200.0000kb| 24.0000kb added| ERROR| Assertion failed!