Fiora Jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Careful Ima Trap

06-14-2012

Hello, I've been playing Fiora since about level 16 and have accumulated about 150+ wins on her or so (just recently hit 30). Since hitting 30 I realized that a Fiora top isn't nearly as good as other tops, it's hard for her to trade damage with other tops like Riven, Jax, etc.

And I hate playing Bottom (;D), so I decided what the heck, I'll give jungle Fiora a shot! I know people say she can jungle decently, but there are better junglers out there, and I can't help but agree.

However, I must say that a jungle fiora if played right becomes a terrifying proposition. If you do your ganks right she just snowballs out of control. I haven't played any ranks yet, as I don't have the required number of IP. But I do plan to do so when I've perfected her jungling.

Really it comes down to her entire beginning game. And that is centered around whether or not your laners have CC. Fiora lacks CC but hits like a truck, so if your laners dont have CC then they need to get their opposition down to 50% and be pushin turret in order for you to get the kill.

The lack of Fiora's CC is what really makes or breaks your ganks. You have to position yourself perfectly and time your attack right, otherwise you're wasting your time and falling behind.

ANYWAY, I'm writing this thread because I'm going to update it as I progress through normals and eventually ranked as Jungle Fiora. I'm also looking for advice from other Fiora jungler's.

My mastery build is:

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/t...rc/mastery.png

As you can see, I forsake Deadliness and Lethality for Butcher and Havoc. Why? Because level 4 is when I start my ganks normally (unless mid is low then I go at 3). So a 1.5 - 2 attack damage buff is pretty lack luster, and until late game, 10% critical strike damage is kinda meh. I focused my build solely around Fiora's early game, I want to kill minions as fast as I can and do as much damage as I can within the first 15 minutes of the game. Because thats the most crucial part of Fiora's game.

As you can see in my defense, I also decided against Durability, Veteran's Scars and Resistance because again it doesn't help you much with your jungle. Are they nice to have late game? Oh most definitely, but early game when you go to gank... You need to be at full HP and if you are, you won't be the target in a gank. This build ensures that if I'm not at 100% hp I'm **** close to it after clearing jungle.

For my runes, I went with 8.3 armor pen, 12 magic resist, 11 phyiscal damage and 13 armor, or 4 ad marks, 6 armor pen marks, 3 quints of ad, armor seals and magic resist glyphs.

I have considered opting out atleast some of the armor and magic resist for maybe some extra damage... but I'm not entirely sure on that...

For my skill build:

Riposte -> Burst of Speed -> Lunge > Riposte > Burst of Speed > Ulti > Max Riposte > Max Burst > Max Lunge. Ulti whenever you can obviously.

For my item build:

Vampiric Scepter, to berserker's greaves to blood thirster. At this point it depends on what the team is doing, if they're AD heavy I can get thornmail or if they're ap heavy I get maw of mograine and GA.

But eventually I finish with something like:

Tier 2 boots (swap out my berserkers for tabi or magic resist boots) , blood thirsters, tiamet (YES, your ulti as Fiora is your most damaging move, having one tiamet can make or break your game... I've gotten countless quadras off just my ulti with a tiamet). Infinitys Edge and/or Madreds Blood Razor + one defensive item.

Thats my build. :3

Any comments / suggestions are greatly welcomed.

Careful Ima Trap

06-14-2012

Bumpin!

Raithfyre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

I've never played Fiora, so I can't comment on your strategy, but just wanted to point one thing out: You don't need a specific amount of IP to play Ranked. That said, don't do it until you have a LOT more wins under your belt anyway.

Jinte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

only seen 1 Jungle fiora so far. Was a game I played around the 1700~ range.

She fed hard, got counter jungled to ****, and we lost.

But I can't say it's bad, just sub par.

AntiSkillshot

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valory View Post
Hello, I've been playing Fiora since about level 16 and have accumulated about 150+ wins on her or so (just recently hit 30). Since hitting 30 I realized that a Fiora top isn't nearly as good as other tops, it's hard for her to trade damage with other tops like Riven, Jax, etc.

And I hate playing Bottom (;D), so I decided what the heck, I'll give jungle Fiora a shot! I know people say she can jungle decently, but there are better junglers out there, and I can't help but agree.

However, I must say that a jungle fiora if played right becomes a terrifying proposition. If you do your ganks right she just snowballs out of control. I haven't played any ranks yet, as I don't have the required number of IP. But I do plan to do so when I've perfected her jungling.

Really it comes down to her entire beginning game. And that is centered around whether or not your laners have CC. Fiora lacks CC but hits like a truck, so if your laners dont have CC then they need to get their opposition down to 50% and be pushin turret in order for you to get the kill.

The lack of Fiora's CC is what really makes or breaks your ganks. You have to position yourself perfectly and time your attack right, otherwise you're wasting your time and falling behind.

ANYWAY, I'm writing this thread because I'm going to update it as I progress through normals and eventually ranked as Jungle Fiora. I'm also looking for advice from other Fiora jungler's.

My mastery build is:

As you can see, I forsake Deadliness and Lethality for Butcher and Havoc. Why? Because level 4 is when I start my ganks normally (unless mid is low then I go at 3). So a 1.5 - 2 attack damage buff is pretty lack luster, and until late game, 10% critical strike damage is kinda meh. I focused my build solely around Fiora's early game, I want to kill minions as fast as I can and do as much damage as I can within the first 15 minutes of the game. Because thats the most crucial part of Fiora's game.

As you can see in my defense, I also decided against Durability, Veteran's Scars and Resistance because again it doesn't help you much with your jungle. Are they nice to have late game? Oh most definitely, but early game when you go to gank... You need to be at full HP and if you are, you won't be the target in a gank. This build ensures that if I'm not at 100% hp I'm **** close to it after clearing jungle.

For my runes, I went with 8.3 armor pen, 12 magic resist, 11 phyiscal damage and 13 armor, or 4 ad marks, 6 armor pen marks, 3 quints of ad, armor seals and magic resist glyphs.

I have considered opting out atleast some of the armor and magic resist for maybe some extra damage... but I'm not entirely sure on that...

For my skill build:

Riposte -> Burst of Speed -> Lunge > Riposte > Burst of Speed > Ulti > Max Riposte > Max Burst > Max Lunge. Ulti whenever you can obviously.

For my item build:

Vampiric Scepter, to berserker's greaves to blood thirster. At this point it depends on what the team is doing, if they're AD heavy I can get thornmail or if they're ap heavy I get maw of mograine and GA.

Tier 2 boots (swap out my berserkers for tabi or magic resist boots) , blood thirsters, tiamet (YES, your ulti as Fiora is your most damaging move, having one tiamet can make or break your game... I've gotten countless quadras off just my ulti with a tiamet). Infinitys Edge and/or Madreds Blood Razor + one defensive item.

A hardcore Fiora main. Interesting.

Amélie Poulain

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valory View Post

My mastery build is:

For my skill build:

For my item build:

i like this post because not only does it show how someone plays, but it explains the thought processes behind it

that being said, i have to completely disagree with your builds, and i'll explain why:

havoc in general is a really bad mastery; it does very little for your damage. it might seem like a better mastery to get if you're looking to end the game before 20 minutes, but even then, deadliness is a better choice because it doesn't scale by time, but rather, your champion's rank. if you pull off more successful ganks, you will outlevel your opponents anyway, and if by any chance the game goes longer than lv 18 fiora, that 9 ad will be more valuable to you, as well as the crit damage if you're going to be building any crit.

the defense page is not bad, but veterans scars and durability are better for fiora, and she doesnt really need bladed armor if you're looking to be strongest against champions; the extra health will make you harder to kill, and as a consequence, more likely to get kills. the health regen isn't really needed, since after you get your vamp scepter it doesnt give you any more jungle sustain than you need, and also your passive already gives you free hp regen whenever you deal damage.

runes are mostly solid, but i'd go with different quints; armor pen or movement speed, just because armor pen and movement speed are more expensive, more rare stats than magic resist, and the quints will be more valuable to you in the long run due to your ability to simply buy a negatron for the stat.

r > w > e > q

don't get any tiamats. fiora excels at single target damage. the splash range is worthless unless you stack 3 or more of them, and even then the sustain and ad is much better invested in bloodthirsters if you're going to stack them. improves your farming, sure, but if you want to be a killer...

also, have your teammates bring cc to their lanes. you'll net more kills that way, even if your opponent also has cc of their own.

enjoy snowballing

cheers

o/

Careful Ima Trap

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlie Poulain View Post
i like this post because not only does it show how someone plays, but it explains the thought processes behind it

that being said, i have to completely disagree with your builds, and i'll explain why:

havoc in general is a really bad mastery; it does very little for your damage. it might seem like a better mastery to get if you're looking to end the game before 20 minutes, but even then, deadliness is a better choice because it doesn't scale by time, but rather, your champion's rank. if you pull off more successful ganks, you will outlevel your opponents anyway, and if by any chance the game goes longer than lv 18 fiora, that 9 ad will be more valuable to you, as well as the crit damage if you're going to be building any crit.

the defense page is not bad, but veterans scars and durability are better for fiora, and she doesnt really need bladed armor if you're looking to be strongest against champions; the extra health will make you harder to kill, and as a consequence, more likely to get kills. the health regen isn't really needed, since after you get your vamp scepter it doesnt give you any more jungle sustain than you need, and also your passive already gives you free hp regen whenever you deal damage.

runes are mostly solid, but i'd go with different quints; armor pen or movement speed, just because armor pen and movement speed are more expensive, more rare stats than magic resist, and the quints will be more valuable to you in the long run due to your ability to simply buy a negatron for the stat.

r > w > e > q

don't get any tiamats. fiora excels at single target damage. the splash range is worthless unless you stack 3 or more of them, and even then the sustain and ad is much better invested in bloodthirsters if you're going to stack them. improves your farming, sure, but if you want to be a killer...

also, have your teammates bring cc to their lanes. you'll net more kills that way, even if your opponent also has cc of their own.

enjoy snowballing

cheers

o/
Thank you for the tip with Havoc, you're right it is completely useless. I don't really know why Riot put that talent in there. o.O

As for the defense tree... I like it this way because it gives me a fast clear time of the jungle and ensures I'm at 100% when I go to gank... I'm never the target in my ganks so I think it pays off... If this changes and I do start becoming the target (in ranked games) I will certainly change this.

Thanks again!

Dobagoh

06-17-2012

Fiora jungle can work. But she isn't a great jungler. However, maxing W first instead of E means your clear times suffer. Actually I should probably do the math on this now that I think about it.

Someone already brought this up but as you'll probably realize, the most important thing for a Fiora gank is her movement speed since you want to save your Q gap closer for when the enemy begins to run, instead of initiating with it.

In the end, I don't really like Fiora jungle that much. Nocturne is much better and he can fit the exact same role as Fiora but brings more to the team.

aphronyaa

06-17-2012

Fiora top can beat Riven.

Careful Ima Trap

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
Fiora jungle can work. But she isn't a great jungler. However, maxing W first instead of E means your clear times suffer. Actually I should probably do the math on this now that I think about it.

Someone already brought this up but as you'll probably realize, the most important thing for a Fiora gank is her movement speed since you want to save your Q gap closer for when the enemy begins to run, instead of initiating with it.

In the end, I don't really like Fiora jungle that much. Nocturne is much better and he can fit the exact same role as Fiora but brings more to the team.
I wouldn't know the math on maxing E or W first for faster clearing times, but I can tell you that she hits like a truck when ganking. Don't get me wrong CC's are phenomenal, but I bought nocturne... I watched vids and I bought the proper runes... I just feel like his ganks are considerably weaker then Fiora's... If the enemy gets to the turret its over as Nocturne, if the enemy gets to the turret as Fiora you still get the kill (with her ulti).

Also, her movement speed is the biggest issue with her ganks, which is why I pick up T2 boots asap. Wriggles really isn't needed with her as she does a truck ton of damage to start with (87 damage at level 1 amirite?).