just pointing this out

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonsbaine

Senior Member

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorthix View Post
You can be as mad as you want about it but the moment Riot attempts to ban me for playing with my little brother I'll stop playing. It's not exploiting matchmaking, you're just being dumb. If they didn't want people to be able to play with their lower level friends they would make it so 30s can only group with 30s, but guess what! They don't have it like that so that people can play with their friends/family who are new. I promise you they wont change it simply because of that. Why would people bring their friends into the game if they can't even play with them?
im not saying you cant play with your friend/brother... Im saying there are people who are swaping between ults to keep doing this and get easy wins. As in the lvl 30 switches to his lowbie account after a few games, and the lowbie switches to his main lvl 30 account. If your doing this then IDC if your playing with your dying grandfather, its cheap and has to stop. These people are too chicken to play against others on a level playing field, so they use this trick to get an easy win.

Oh and btw if you really wanted to play with your brother and keep the game fair, then whats stopping you from using an alt... If you say you don't want to take the 2minutes to create 1, then your just making excuses.

oh and Riot never had to deal with the this problem so much in the past. It has only become so bad over the past 2-3 months (and has been rampant over the past 2weeks). I lvled my main to 30 in a month and NEVER saw this in any of the TT games I played while doing it. Yet my alt has taken sooo much longer cause this problem is happening more and more often, meaning I get robbed of any chance to earn decent xp/ip. And because I actually prefer to follow the code and be a decent player who plays fair, I refuse to use this exploit... I can handle losing if it was a fair and good game. But if I lose because someone else is being cheap and has that much of an advantage, it pisses me off. Especially if those players brag and act like they are gods because they won using this trick... Also when they use this trick then taunt the other team calling them noobs and saying they suck, thats like a high schooler beating up a kinder-gardener and then calling them weak (and a clear violation of the Code)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorthix

Senior Member

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonsbaine View Post
im not saying you cant play with your friend/brother... Im saying there are people who are swaping between ults to keep doing this and get easy wins. As in the lvl 30 switches to his lowbie account after a few games, and the lowbie switches to his main lvl 30 account. If your doing this then IDC if your playing with your dying grandfather, its cheap and has to stop. These people are too chicken to play against others on a level playing field, so they use this trick to get an easy win.

Oh and btw if you really wanted to play with your brother and keep the game fair, then whats stopping you from using an alt... If you say you don't want to take the 2minutes to create 1, then your just making excuses.
Well seeing as making an alt or smurfing is much more frowned upon and can actually get you banned, I choose not to do it. You think its more fair to have a level 30 be on a level 1 account? You realize that makes the team average go way down, to lets say 5, so that level 30 is then matched against even lower level people with even less experience. That honestly makes sense to you? and you have no way to prove if a person is switching between an alt and his main so they only way to stop it would be to make it so you can't match with lower people.

Edit: Also, stop claiming people do this out of being "too scared" to face other level 30s, its just moronic. No one is scared of pixels in a video game, unless you're a cyberphobe ofcourse


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hoodless

Junior Member

06-14-2012

Exactly thanks for reading my mind, I have many friends who are lower level and you expect others to suffer because you have a few bad games lol, nothing will change, because nothing is wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonsbaine

Senior Member

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorthix View Post
Well seeing as making an alt or smurfing is much more frowned upon and can actually get you banned, I choose not to do it. You think its more fair to have a level 30 be on a level 1 account? You realize that makes the team average go way down, to lets say 5, so that level 30 is then matched against even lower level people with even less experience. That honestly makes sense to you? and you have no way to prove if a person is switching between an alt and his main so they only way to stop it would be to make it so you can't match with lower people.
omfg seriously, you think a lvl 30 playing on a lowbie account is worse then a lvl 30 playing against a lowbie account? At least the smurf is on the same playing field, they might know more but that can be countered by anyone they face who also has a main lvl 30 but is on an alt (or by good teamwork). However NO LOWBIE CAN BEAT A LVL 30. The difference in stats from runes and masteries sees to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorthix View Post
Edit: Also, stop claiming people do this out of being "too scared" to face other level 30s, its just moronic. No one is scared of pixels in a video game, unless you're a cyberphobe ofcourse
Didn't mean they were scared of a video game, but there are plenty of people in this game now that cant handle losing. Even if it was a GG and the other team earned the win. And why is it i've seen the profiles of people who do this and notice not only have they not played ranked, but every game they've played is TT with a win (this includes the lowbie accounts). Are you really going to tell me it's cause the only time they play is with their lowbie friend/family? or could it be they cant handle losing and need the security of an almost guaranteed win. cause you know any time they lose they flip out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonsbaine

Senior Member

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
Exactly thanks for reading my mind, I have many friends who are lower level and you expect others to suffer because you have a few bad games lol, nothing will change, because nothing is wrong.
few bad games? try 20 loses on my ult over the past 2 weeks because every game has been me on my lvl 21 alt with nobody over lvl 22, vrs a lvl 30 on the other team who knows he/she has the advantage and presses that so hard there is no stopping it. All while having the "lowbie friend" either stay behind them, stay in the base, or go afk while they get fed.

Im saying I don't understand why every option that has been thought of to fix this problem has been shot down by you people.

We suggest putting premades in their own que. You respond with "but it will take to long to find a match".. How do you know it hasn't been tried

We say set levels ques (aka 1-10,11-20,21-30) so MM can be more averaged, you say But then I cant play with my lvl 3 friend (Um #1 if they are that low then you can easily make an alt and be soooo much closer to their lvl making matches that much fairer. There is also Co-op and custom games so saying you CANT is a blatant lie)

Then there is the "make matchmaking match levels not averages" and again you come back with But that will take to long

Or my favorite "Im doing this so my friend plays against higher lvl players and gets better"... Really then why is it they are hiding behind you or aren't playing at all and YOU do all the work? What is it your teaching them, to depend on you to carry them to lvl 30? then what will they do when they start playing against lvl 30s? most likely rage quit because they aren't use to losing.

face it your all trying to defend a reason for letting you pit lvl 30s against people who aren't... something that cant be done in ranked (which is why most of you defending this have a ranked history of 1-2 games then nothing but this)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorthix

Senior Member

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonsbaine View Post
omfg seriously, you think a lvl 30 playing on a lowbie account is worse then a lvl 30 playing against a lowbie account? At least the smurf is on the same playing field, they might know more but that can be countered by anyone they face who also has a main lvl 30 but is on an alt (or by good teamwork). However NO LOWBIE CAN BEAT A LVL 30. The difference in stats from runes and masteries sees to that.
If you really believe that then I have no idea what to tell you. On a level 30 account, lets say that makes the team average ~20. Those players on the other team have more experience, have played longer, may have some runes, have a majority of the mastery points, and most likely have a couple champions they are decent with.

If that same level 30 makes a smurf and plays on a level 1 account. The average team level is now 5. The people on the other team just started playing, have no champions that they are experienced with, and do not know the majority or any of the mechanics to the game.

The difference in stats between a couple mastery points and runes does not even remotely compare to experience in the game. A level 1 smurf could easily beat a level 20 player purely based on having more knowledge of gameplay and of gameplay mechanics.

Edit: Sorry, missed this part initially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonsbaine View Post
Didn't mean they were scared of a video game, but there are plenty of people in this game now that cant handle losing. Even if it was a GG and the other team earned the win. And why is it i've seen the profiles of people who do this and notice not only have they not played ranked, but every game they've played is TT with a win (this includes the lowbie accounts). Are you really going to tell me it's cause the only time they play is with their lowbie friend/family? or could it be they cant handle losing and need the security of an almost guaranteed win. cause you know any time they lose they flip out.
Or its because some people just don't enjoy ranked play? Can you really say, with definitive evidence, that everyone of them doesn't just play with their family/friends? I pair with my friends and family and I don't 'flip out' when we lose. Its a game, you are attempting to make justifications based on your alt experiences. Why do you have an alt? Can't stand playing against other 30s? Must be because you like to group with your 30 friends so that you can have a lower average team level then.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorthix

Senior Member

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonsbaine View Post
few bad games? try 20 loses on my ult over the past 2 weeks because every game has been me on my lvl 21 alt with nobody over lvl 22, vrs a lvl 30 on the other team who knows he/she has the advantage and presses that so hard there is no stopping it. All while having the "lowbie friend" either stay behind them, stay in the base, or go afk while they get fed.

Im saying I don't understand why every option that has been thought of to fix this problem has been shot down by you people.

We suggest putting premades in their own que. You respond with "but it will take to long to find a match".. How do you know it hasn't been tried

It will take longer to find a match, its just common sense. You divide groups then the matchmaking system has less people to pull from, making it take longer to match people up appropriately.

We say set levels ques (aka 1-10,11-20,21-30) so MM can be more averaged, you say But then I cant play with my lvl 3 friend (Um #1 if they are that low then you can easily make an alt and be soooo much closer to their lvl making matches that much fairer. There is also Co-op and custom games so saying you CANT is a blatant lie)

Already explained this one in my previous post. This is purely your opinion that an alt is the better option, personally I think it is the most terrible thing you can do to new players.

Then there is the "make matchmaking match levels not averages" and again you come back with But that will take to long

Again, just common sense. The more limits you put on something the longer it will take to find approprate matches

Or my favorite "Im doing this so my friend plays against higher lvl players and gets better"... Really then why is it they are hiding behind you or aren't playing at all and YOU do all the work? What is it your teaching them, to depend on you to carry them to lvl 30? then what will they do when they start playing against lvl 30s? most likely rage quit because they aren't use to losing.

Yeah, this one doesn't makes sense. I'll agree with that.

face it your all trying to defend a reason for letting you pit lvl 30s against people who aren't... something that cant be done in ranked (which is why most of you defending this have a ranked history of 1-2 games then nothing but this)

Speculation without basis. I do not care who I play against. Go ahead and match my brother, my friends and I against all 30s. Go ahead and look at my ranked history, all I mostly do is play ranked, What's your reasoning behind that then? You're just a little kid crying because you lost repeatedly.
Reponses to this nonsense in quote.

Edit: Sorry for all the edits, but I just looked you up. How can you really judge someone for having a few ranked matches played when you have 0? http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/26274859#profile Not a single one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonsbaine

Senior Member

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorthix View Post
If you really believe that then I have no idea what to tell you. On a level 30 account, lets say that makes the team average ~20. Those players on the other team have more experience, have played longer, may have some runes, have a majority of the mastery points, and most likely have a couple champions they are decent with.

If that same level 30 makes a smurf and plays on a level 1 account. The average team level is now 5. The people on the other team just started playing, have no champions that they are experienced with, and do not know the majority or any of the mechanics to the game.

The difference in stats between a couple mastery points and runes does not even remotely compare to experience in the game. A level 1 smurf could easily beat a level 20 player purely based on having more knowledge of gameplay and of gameplay mechanics.
unless that lvl 30 is playing on his main, with his friend who is on a smurf account (which is constantly happening now). Hell my last game was a smurf with his lvl 30 friend who pointed out he was using his alt cause his main just got perma banned. So instead of solo queing he premades with his lvl 30 then trolls the other team calling them noobs and saying they suck. Read one of my last posts, I pointed out I ended up on a team like this once, and their plan was to have the smurf quit for the 1rst 10mins so he couldnt become a target, and so the 30 could get fed by soloing a lane and destroying anyone that came at him... it was only after he got 75% a full item build that he called his friend back to join the game and start being bait (which because he was a smurf he knew how to do quite well). + you have to realize that even in TT the odds of a lowbie team (highest lvl 5) having a smurf on both teams are much higher since there are alot more alts being made each day then actual new players joining. Only time smurf accounts are actually dangerous is when its a team of smurfs designed to pick on lowbies.

Now ask yourself this, if your brother/friend didn't have you to play with, would you want him to constantly face this type of fight every game he joined? Do you not realize how many newbies stop playing after facing this situation constantly? It's clearly an unfair advantage. Much more of an unfair advantage then there being only 1 smurf on the other team. And most smurfs right now are using this to their advantage because they are AFRAID of solo quing onto a team of newbies and instead of trying to teach them, they expect everyone to be pros. People can handle simply being outplayed, but being outplayed because of a team with that much of an advantage is BS and you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorthix View Post
It will take longer to find a match, its just common sense. You divide groups then the matchmaking system has less people to pull from, making it take longer to match people up appropriately.
god forbid you wait longer then 1 minute to play an evenly matched team. And actually there are so many people doing this now that the matches would probable be set up faster then current... Because matchmaking averages the lvls they look to match a team that is around THAT AVERAGE, not look for another team with similar levels.

and going after my ranked games list... no I don't play ranked, because i've been paying attention to the ELO hell everyone is complaining about. + I want to get better and learn a bit more before jumping into ranked... I Always play AT MY LEVEL, im not looking for any reason to have this much of an advantage over anyone, because i KNOW its a hollow meaningless victory. If you think it's actually hard for a lvl 30 to pick on lvl 20s then you aren't as good as you think you are, and you are teaching any true newbies you play with that this game is less about teamwork and more about depending on your best player.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorthix

Senior Member

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonsbaine View Post
unless that lvl 30 is playing on his main, with his friend who is on a smurf account (which is constantly happening now). Hell my last game was a smurf with his lvl 30 friend who pointed out he was using his alt cause his main just got perma banned. So instead of solo queing he premades with his lvl 30 then trolls the other team calling them noobs and saying they suck. Read one of my last posts, I pointed out I ended up on a team like this once, and their plan was to have the smurf quit for the 1rst 10mins so he couldnt become a target, and so the 30 could get fed by soloing a lane and destroying anyone that came at him... it was only after he got 75% a full item build that he called his friend back to join the game and start being bait (which because he was a smurf he knew how to do quite well). + you have to realize that even in TT the odds of a lowbie team (highest lvl 5) having a smurf on both teams are much higher since there are alot more alts being made each day then actual new players joining. Only time smurf accounts are actually dangerous is when its a team of smurfs designed to pick on lowbies.

Now ask yourself this, if your brother/friend didn't have you to play with, would you want him to constantly face this type of fight every game he joined? Do you not realize how many newbies stop playing after facing this situation constantly? It's clearly an unfair advantage. Much more of an unfair advantage then there being only 1 smurf on the other team. And most smurfs right now are using this to their advantage because they are AFRAID of solo quing onto a team of newbies and instead of trying to teach them, they expect everyone to be pros. People can handle simply being outplayed, but being outplayed because of a team with that much of an advantage is BS and you know it.
Talking to you is just pointless. How do you think a level 30 player facing level 1s is more fair than a 30 facing 20s? You really think more people quit at level 20 because of facing a 30 than the number that quit from facing smurfs? Really? How can you even think that for a second? You apparently think that skills and knowledge just disappear once you make an alt.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorthix

Senior Member

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonsbaine View Post
and going after my ranked games list... no I don't play ranked, because i've been paying attention to the ELO hell everyone is complaining about. + I want to get better and learn a bit more before jumping into ranked... I Always play AT MY LEVEL, im not looking for any reason to have this much of an advantage over anyone, because i KNOW its a hollow meaningless victory. If you think it's actually hard for a lvl 30 to pick on lvl 20s then you aren't as good as you think you are, and you are teaching any true newbies you play with that this game is less about teamwork and more about depending on your best player.
Never said I thought it was hard, I said its harder for them to pick on level 20s than it is for them to pick on level 1s. But nice attempt at changing my point.

And I never went after your ranked games list, you made a statement about people having only 1 or 2 ranked games so I checked to see if you even had anyway to see if you should even be judging others based upon that. Never said it was a good thing or a bad thing that you didn't have any, merely said you had none played. And you can stop downvoting my posts, I honestly don't care, and you're just upset because I disagree with you.


123