Riot Has the Wrong Priorities

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigTallUgly

10-03-2012

Hmm, well Riot do look on forums with a regular basis, for example, Surprise Party Fiddlesticks was straight from the forums.

A new map would have roles for everyone, are you always so nihilistic about the outcome of things? Asking for create their own classes in mmos would be akin to creating new champions in this game. Not what I'm asking for.

So you seem, my good buddy, to be having reading comprehension issues. I suggest taking a little bit to read over my posts, then letting that brain of yours catch up with the intellectual bulk of the suggestion before you go ahead and let your machismo out on the forums.

Ty kiddo.

BigTallUgly

10-03-2012

bump

TerryCruise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

1) League is a MOBA. DOTA practically created MOBA. Preak, one of the designers of DOTA created the spin-off, League. Of course they are similar from afar. Upon further inspection, however they are IMMENSELY different one of my favourite additions was when Nocturne was released with his radically different Ultimate.

2) Have you seen the changes they make to champions in patches. These little nerfs and buffs have HUGE impacts on the game. They can make the difference between banned champs and champs that are never looked-at (low elo Shaco).

3)The evolution of the Meta-game will keep Summoner's rift going for a long time.

4) There is a huge diversity in skill level amongst players that RIOT takes into consideration. What makes a champ worth playing in ranked can make them OP in low elo games and vice-versa. (Talon destroys low Elo but is ignored at a professional level).

5)New champs produce new team comps and sometimes new items and CCs but always affect the meta in one way or another.

TL/DR Every match is different and if you can't see that then League just isn't the game for you. You need to understand what new maps does to this equation. They would be an exponent because all of these points factor in at different levels to each map (hence Dominion and TT's inequality).

iLikeToes

10-04-2012

Riot has already commented on this, read up on it here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2449093

Basically they feel that only 1 map and 1 meta creates the competitive scene, and adding more maps doesn't add to it (among other reasons).

ForsakenAtlas

10-04-2012

Competitive stability in format is what is often preferred, the NFL doesn't showcase a new terrain or arena. Those kind of ideas would **** on the competitive scene. The comp scene wont become stale because this is a moba with ever changing champions and with it newer and better meta games and strategy's.

LoL is the NHL, in much the same way that the ice never changes so too should summoners rift remain the standard. However we don't all wear a jersey and skate around, some of us fly like a daring bombadier, some of us tempt fate as a master cards man, and a select few don't appear at all until its already to late. The game on gets stale if you fail to see its purpose.

Mondo

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryCruise View Post
1) League is a MOBA. DOTA practically created MOBA. Preak, one of the designers of DOTA created the spin-off, League. Of course they are similar from afar. Upon further inspection, however they are IMMENSELY different one of my favourite additions was when Nocturne was released with his radically different Ultimate.

).
Phreak is not a designer of Dota... Guinsoo was the maker of Dota Allstars which was a custom Dota map that took heroes from a bunch of different custom maps. Guinsoo didn't work on Dota that was Eul. Don't spout off untrue stuff.

SpiritOfTheTrees

10-04-2012

We can all sit here and complain and argue about all of this..... But the truth is everyone enjoys the content that riot puts out. Champs, skins, themes. Yea they may be a little behind on fixing bugs and such, but riot puts way more support into this game than just about any other game out there. Plus this game is free, and the leading competitive game in the world. So if you think the game is stale..... Well millions of people beg to differ with you

BigTallUgly

10-13-2012

Four months later, big bump. Riot still ignoring the problem.

As for the "Everyone likes Riot's game, everyone's okay with no real content being put out" argument, here's some food for thought.

Everyone "was okay" with the Nazi government in Germany as well. And America didn't wanna participate in a, quote, European conflict.

How did that mentality turn out?

Most people who play this game are little kids. They just lack the cranial capacity and breadth of mind to be able to demand some quality game improvements from Riot.

Hence, I'm filling in that role for the time being.

Harukii

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallUgly View Post
When you queue for ranked games, I strongly suggest Riot start throwing people into a random game mode, only one of which is the summoner's rift, with its current rules and limitations.
This has got to be the stupidest thing I've heard today. Your idea of progress is creating new maps and modes. Someone elses idea of progress could be balancing the champions, and adding creative features to old game modes. (Mine btw) Riot finds a way to build on old ideas and make them better without completely changing the game, which is literally what you're asking for.

If you're tired of playing one map over and over again, go try Twisted Treeline. Don't like Twisted Treeline? Go play on the Crystal Scar. Don't like the Crystal Scar? Go play on the Proving Grounds. Don't like the Proving Grounds? ... try a different game. Riot has already done what you're asking for by having 4 available maps for us to play on and 4 game modes (Dominion, Classic, ARAM, and Co-op Vs. AI)

Idk about you, but with over 1500 matches played I still choose to play Classic Summoner's Rift and enjoy doing so. Every match is different from the last, and that's what keeps me playing LoL.

Derpmacia

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallUgly View Post
Four months later, big bump. Riot still ignoring the problem.

As for the "Everyone likes Riot's game, everyone's okay with no real content being put out" argument, here's some food for thought.

Everyone "was okay" with the Nazi government in Germany as well. And America didn't wanna participate in a, quote, European conflict.

How did that mentality turn out?

Most people who play this game are little kids. They just lack the cranial capacity and breadth of mind to be able to demand some quality game improvements from Riot.

Hence, I'm filling in that role for the time being.
Now you're comparing Riot to the Nazi government. How's that for lacking cranial capacity?

If you're not enjoying yourself, go play something else. There are countless other MOBA type games I could suggest.

League is the most popular MOBA in the world right now because Riot's "priorities" are better than any other MOBA developing company. Sure, popular doesn't mean best, but a million dollar prize pool is pretty attractive.