New to the Roleplaying Forums?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iron Ambássador

06-24-2012

Some of us, who RP the more popular champions have the problem that if they are away for a few days, or don't post much, they keep trying to get taken over. Someone like Corki, who posts less than the most active of us and was on page 2. Instantly, someone tried to take over. And as Viktor said, if everyone could play the role of the champion they like, we would have like 100 Dravens right now here. It is not because we are "elitist" or such, we just try to keep order here, and make sure there is no chaos. It is simpler, and wiser, to have only one person doing one champion. Myself, playing the role of Poppy, don't have issues with people trying to take over, since she is fairly unpopular in that regard. But those playing the most recent or popular champions can have someone try to take over if you are away for a week or two on a trip THAT YOU ANNOUNCED YOU WERE HAVING. Or just because you post somewhere else than your thread for a while, someone tries to take you over.

Rebonack

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
All I'm saying, Rebonack, is that we, the Askers, have cultivated this entire roleplaying experience for a while.
Neeeh... There were roleplaying threads on the Lore forums as soon as they popped up. The Ask threads were just the most prolific. Prolific to the point that the Lore forum was split since they were drowning out everything else. And the first post in this very topic links to a rather nice RPing guide that outlines a number of really great guidelines to RP by!

-which suggests that one avoid RPing League Champions for anything other than one's own personal thread. Like, say, the various Ask ____ topics. Totally understand the guy's reasoning. But as I said before I'm really hesitant about telling other people who they can't roleplay.

Quote:
Then you come in, spouting your baseless accusations that we're somehow "elitist" when all we want is to be able to roleplay in peace.
Well... To be frank I'm not getting the elitist feel from most of the Askers. Just a select few, really. It's just my impression from the tone of some of the posts here in the OOC. I'm not pointing it out to try to be rude, but rather suggesting that being less... I dunno... confrontational I guess? would be a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Ambássador
Myself, playing the role of Poppy, don't have issues with people trying to take over, since she is fairly unpopular in that regard. But those playing the most recent or popular champions can have someone try to take over if you are away for a week or two on a trip THAT YOU ANNOUNCED YOU WERE HAVING. Or just because you post somewhere else than your thread for a while, someone tries to take you over.
I totally understand this point and agree with you. You guys created the Ask threads. Having someone else trying to snag it from you without permission would be like someone trying to commandeer a GM's plot thread because of an absence of a few days. You guys have put a lot of time and effort into these characters and interactions and taking those topics would be downright wrong.

And I can even understand not wanting duplicates in the open location threads. Having a clone of Poppy walk in on Draven's restaurant after you're already there would be downright weird. (evil clone? summoning accident? doppelganger? alternate timeline? who knows!)

HOWEVER! For more self-contained closed threads, topics operating on a different continuity from the rest of the board, I don't see any compelling reason to enforce Champion Ownership unless the Asker of that champion is already participating. And even then I don't suspect the issue would pop up very often. In plots of that nature people tend to favor their own creations to begin with.

I'm not disagreeing with you guys nearly as much as you seem to think I am =P

Ask the Monkey

06-24-2012

A...ta...ta *bichslaps all 3 of them*
To your rooms!

Brian Wildblade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2012

Uhm... Is it possible to be a Dungeon / Game Master as well as a character?

Ask the Herald

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
Neeeh... There were roleplaying threads on the Lore forums as soon as they popped up. The Ask threads were just the most prolific. Prolific to the point that the Lore forum was split since they were drowning out everything else. And the first post in this very topic links to a rather nice RPing guide that outlines a number of really great guidelines to RP by!

-which suggests that one avoid RPing League Champions for anything other than one's own personal thread. Like, say, the various Ask ____ topics. Totally understand the guy's reasoning. But as I said before I'm really hesitant about telling other people who they can't roleplay.

Well... To be frank I'm not getting the elitist feel from most of the Askers. Just a select few, really. It's just my impression from the tone of some of the posts here in the OOC. I'm not pointing it out to try to be rude, but rather suggesting that being less... I dunno... confrontational I guess? would be a good idea.
That was the Lore forum, we're on the Roleplaying forum now, and we're currently in the guideline thread that was stickied by mods, so I'd imagine only what's in here is what should be followed.

But that's the thing about roleplaying: you're free to make your own way.

But seriously, stop with the attitude towards us Askers.

Ask the Monkey

06-24-2012

First: *bichslap Viktor* I told you to go to your room.
Second: The champion is reserved for the ask simply because of the behavior. People get used to that type of behavior from that champion, and when someone else RPs as that champion it kinda gets awkward. People expect one thing, but get the other one. Imagine Pantheon and how he likes to push people down wells. Then a new Pantheon comes around and stats being nice. People would get confused like hell.
THIS TRANSMISSION IS OVER!

AskPantheon

06-24-2012

Care for a cook-*slap*

Getting kicked into a well is the least of your worries.

Ask the Monkey

06-24-2012

A dikslap is least of your worries, what comes after is the really scary thing...

Jaykoboy

06-24-2012

If anyone wants to roleplay as Jay, I won't get mad. I'm not elitist. Of course, I highly doubt you'll be able to replicate the intricate ins and outs of myself in order to get a accurate representation of Jay.

Ask the Monkey

06-24-2012

I'd be mad if someone were to RP as ......... hah, nice try.