New to the Roleplaying Forums?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Gem Knight

04-21-2013

1. I believe that you can edit the thread's title by editing the first post

2. That level of fighting and godmoding is rare, or at least AFAIK (although there is the "Where Angels Fear to Tread" thread for OP characters fights). Just don't take that Annie post too seriously =P

Note to self: Do not piss Annie. Ever.

EDIT: Shen'd =P

Balgus4

05-12-2013

As a Lore keeper of the lands of Runeterra and beyond, I wish to join this section of the forums. So I thank you good Cryypter for the fountain of knowledge that is that post.

Ms Annie Hastur

05-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Gem Knight View Post
1. I believe that you can edit the thread's title by editing the first post

2. That level of fighting and godmoding is rare, or at least AFAIK (although there is the "Where Angels Fear to Tread" thread for OP characters fights). Just don't take that Annie post too seriously =P

Note to self: Do not piss off Annie. Ever.

EDIT: Shen'd =P
I was not aware the usual battle type used here was T1, or 1-2 actions per post instead of T2, which is meant for larger strings of attacks in a single post(which is what I use, because fights become really fun when you have so many things to juggle at once.) But, when I was informed that Trundle was not used to T2, I made a single action post.

And yes, I am a veteran at RP'ing with powered characters since 2004. I know what I'm doing. Least I imagine I do.

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Annie Hastur View Post
I was not aware the usual battle type used here was T1, or 1-2 actions per post instead of T2, which is meant for larger strings of attacks in a single post(which is what I use, because fights become really fun when you have so many things to juggle at once.)
Interesting. How does the T2 system deal with reactions which would interrupt/invalidate the actions that came after? (e.g. I cast a lightning bolt, then charge up a chain lightning spell and cast it, but my opponent casts a feedback spell which causes the initial lightning to damage and silence me instead as I cast it, thus making the chain lightning impossible) Do you just pretend it never happened?

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus4 View Post
As a Lore keeper of the lands of Runeterra and beyond, I wish to join this section of the forums. So I thank you good Cryypter for the fountain of knowledge that is that post.
Welcome to the forums; I'm glad I could help.

DespirThoth

05-13-2013

No, you make posts like

'If the attack is interrupted, then <character> would (continue with their assault beyond that)/'(respond with new action).'

Very simple way of putting it, but it works. That would be put in between actions. Differing depending on what the actions are.

WateryMind

05-14-2013

Having read all the referenced threads and created my character, I know have but one question;

WHERE DO I START?

Seriously, help me, I'm scared. ;_;

Ask Quinn n Val

05-14-2013

Well knowing what your character is will help,

Generally you can have your character visit champions and ask them questions or you could go into one of many open RP's such as the break room. There is a 'List of places' Thread that can help you find a thread good for you.

Cryypter

05-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespirThoth View Post
No, you make posts like

'If the attack is interrupted, then <character> would (continue with their assault beyond that)/'(respond with new action).'

Very simple way of putting it, but it works. That would be put in between actions. Differing depending on what the actions are.
But wouldn't that mean you would have to put your character's reaction to every contingency in each post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WateryMind View Post
Having read all the referenced threads and created my character, I know have but one question;

WHERE DO I START?

Seriously, help me, I'm scared. ;_;
What Quinn said.

Ms Annie Hastur

05-15-2013

Yes. Every single contingency. And thats why it's fun. Its even more fun when your partner comes up with something you didn't think of, and being forced to adapt on the fly.