Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Blue vs Purple -- STATISTICS!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aqouta

09-13-2012

Quote:
buddynickles:
Purple teams minions push better? that makes them even worse because they are more open for ganks. Allowing blue to get a better league. Not only that the baron is easier to get for blue.

the reason purple wins in a non interrupted lane has no bearing on the situation as as little as one last hit in each lane is enough to completely change the cycle. in short the chance of either team actually being approaches 0.

that being said there are actually some very interesting differences between blue and purple i in the top lane that i don't think have been mentioned yet. the difference i find most interesting is the two piece lane bush at the very top lays much closer to the purple tower than the blue tower. this makes a huge difference both on offence and defense. specifically how effective defense and offense is. the bush being closer to the tower allows champs like nid to zone enemies much more effectively , nid can hit spears all the way through the towers just by taking a step out of the bush while attacking someone attempting to farm on the purple tower. relatively the distance from the other end of the bush to the blue tower is much further nid can't even reach the tower without walking a good distance from her bush. this becomes really important when it comes time to escape from a gank or prevent and enemy from farming without exposing yourself to enemy harass can have a huge effect on the game.

Artanog

09-13-2012

On blue side your jungler can easily give red buff to your AD carry. Only difference between the sides.

Razzify

09-17-2012

i feel like top or bot on purple is at a loss. you cannont see much infront of your champ and u have to play with screen unlocked to harrass. when im blue theres no vison block like purple you can see everything infount of you.

LONG JOHNSON

09-17-2012

purple side made me start playing dominion, cause the map is actually symmetrical

bump

Best Furry NA

09-17-2012

Quote:
CloakNdaggar:
Not to be a ***** but 291 is not a meaningful sample size for ANYTHING.

Flip a coin 291 times if you dont believe me and come back and tell us about how the coin is broken and the mint needs to fix it

I was reading through, and yada yada, and....

You do know one side is slightly heavier, yes?

It is not an even 50/50 chance, just close.

ALEXKOND

09-17-2012

I prefer purple over blue, dont know why but im more confortable with it

Giveyoulag

09-17-2012

if i play top i love the purple team cause i can run down and steal blue team's blue buff all day...especially on cho'gath cause it's so easy

Lavalamp4Life

10-18-2012

I believe a great alternative from being able to change the camera angle or the map angle is it implement a quick zoom with mouse wheel. Similar to how it is in a game called Supreme Commander developed by Gas Powered Games. You simply can zoom out a little and them zoom back in at a different spot. Google Maps also uses this style of zooming but with double clicking the location u wish to zoom in at.

With camera locked it would assist in calling MIAs and what not but it would be best used in the camera unlocked form since it would give u the most control over when u can zoom, not just zoom in and out on your character.

On a side note the camera is too close for my liking.

Crustededge

10-18-2012

I still think this game could be pretty damn cool as a 3rd person shooter. Would pretty much change the game entirely but would make the maps feel much more big and epic.

Damanzi

02-25-2013

I dont see why it would be bad just to give us the option to flip the camera angle and be done with it