Blue vs Purple -- STATISTICS!

1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leonive

08-16-2012

Agree with everything said here.

xr1weazelx

08-21-2012

I cant play in purple team cuz the camera feels so weird

No Ticket

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2012

Not to be a ***** but 291 is not a meaningful sample size for ANYTHING.

Flip a coin 291 times if you dont believe me and come back and tell us about how the coin is broken and the mint needs to fix it

Snowwobble

08-21-2012

its commpletely random to either side so i don't know if there should be a change. Maybe its just because I'm not lvl 30 yet ;p

├čowser

08-21-2012

Unbiased look at it:
-Blue Teams bot Lane is easier to gank. (because of added ganking routes through tri-bush)
-Purple Teams top is easier to gank. (because of added ganking routes through tri-bush)
However with a support+adc bot lane (designated warding done bot) ganks are more difficult to execute with success.
^ this gives an advantage to the purple side.

The other main layout advantages/disadvantages are the dragon and baron pits/coves/caves.
It is easier for the blue team to flash/jump/dash w/e over or through the wall near the dragon area to get in and out of that area quickly and safely. The Purple team has this same advantage in the Baron area.

AlphariusRising

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ▀owser View Post
Unbiased look at it:
-Blue Teams bot Lane is easier to gank. (because of added ganking routes through tri-bush)
-Purple Teams top is easier to gank. (because of added ganking routes through tri-bush)
However with a support+adc bot lane (designated warding done bot) ganks are more difficult to execute with success.
^ this gives an advantage to the purple side.

The other main layout advantages/disadvantages are the dragon and baron pits/coves/caves.
It is easier for the blue team to flash/jump/dash w/e over or through the wall near the dragon area to get in and out of that area quickly and safely. The Purple team has this same advantage in the Baron area.
There's also the layout of the buffs.

Shaco, Lee Sin, Dr. Mundo, and Shyvana all have a very easy time ganking top lane at level 2, before anyone buys any wards on purple, but on blue they are closer to bot, who probably started with wards.

Blue start Junglers have the same advantage on Blue side. Dem level 2 Alistar Ganks from the tribrush are pretty much guaranteed to burn a summoner's at least.

Purple can send an AP bot, which is very uncommon, and still give them blue.
Blue can send an AP top, which is very common, and still give them blue.
On bot blue has golems to take, to get them ahead of exp, and farm if the lane is too hot.
The same is true of top lane on purple, however, top can't take them when they spawn because he's a solo lane, so he doesn't start with a small exp advantage like blue side does.

KnightxSScarlett

08-21-2012

When I play purple top I usually steal wraiths from a jungler (because I usually play Singed/Kayle/Malphite top)

Goozik

08-21-2012

Pretty sure I've read a red response on the forums here that says, blue side does in fact have a higher win percent. The purple team is the one with the higher avg elo.

Flagrock

08-21-2012

From a jungler's perspective: Purple side has a major advantage on certain jungling champions like Lee Sin, Shyv, Mundo, Trynd, Shaco, (basically anyone with red buff lvl 2 gank), BUT Skarner, Amumu, Olaf, Alistar (basically anyone lvl 2 gank blue). So, if you are jungling and want to set the tone and dominate the game, you basically have to play off of the gank top to try and push a snowball top on any strong lvl 2 ganker.
I find this the most annoying (and best) part about jungling. I can steal a red buff easier on Skarner with this set-up, but I find this makes the junglers more side dependent for that early gank and psychological effect. The interesting thing I must say though is that certain lanes are favored to certain colors. Blue bot: Blitz can grab you from the bushes away from your turret.... EVERYWHERE.... Mid: it's pretty even. I don't know about others but it depends on the champ in mid who is favored. Top: this is favored towards blue if you are aggressive, or purple if you're defensive. It's much easier to protect against a dive from purple's jungle, but blue's jungler has an easier ganking time top via tri-bush. Same affect goes for bottom lane too, but Blitz's pulls op man.

deirin

08-21-2012

idk...never looked at it much

1234567 ... 11