Blue vs Purple -- STATISTICS!

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheWalleh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2012

I think it's all mental. The better experiment would be to run a few sessions and see how the creeps push without champion assistance. That would better prove any inherit "advantage" anyone side would have. Like everything else in this game though, it all comes down to player skill.

MetalGuitarist

08-16-2012

very anecdotal. And regardless, sounds more like a placebo effect unless you are actually bad enough to play with a locked screen... please tell me that's not the case?

Treza

08-16-2012

yeah it is really annoying. ive sorta made a decision to not play anivia so much (my main) when im on purple team, because with all the positioning she needs its a huge disadvantage to play as purple with her. i go to galio instead because well galio doesnt really kill his lane partner, so i just quietly farm my way to the team phase and then win there. i really think something should be done and its not just you who wins more on blue either, i believe at a recent tournament the blue team won 70% of the time. sure you can attribute some of that to just pure chance within a small sample size, but its hard to ignore a stat like that

Treza

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWalleh View Post
I think it's all mental. The better experiment would be to run a few sessions and see how the creeps push without champion assistance. That would better prove any inherit "advantage" anyone side would have. Like everything else in this game though, it all comes down to player skill.
i played a custom 1v1 on summoners rift against a friend once, and my minions on bottom destroyed her inhibitor by about 35 minutes in i think, and none of my towers were down

PKMNTràinerRed

08-16-2012

only thing i hate about purple side is bot lane. whenever you go someone like blitz crank the grab extends off the screen and when i try to run away i gotta constantly move up and not really able to see what the enemies doing.

VoodooSnake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2012

on purple its really easy to get wrecked early when jungling, the dragon is also very far away and is easily ninja'd by blue. the gank bush on bot is destructive for purp, the gank bot on top is only annoying to blue.
out of my last 10 games i'm certain that it was about 6/4(blue/red). that is also my win loss, the loss is red.

KnightxSScarlett

08-16-2012

All you've provided is information saying that your teams fail at playing unlocked camera.

Yuffy Kisaragi

08-16-2012

who cares? you get each side exactly 50% of the time

Kelvin the Hot

08-16-2012

the chances of winning blue side of the map:
20% skill 80% map control
the chances of purple side of the map:
50%skill 50% map control
I think the best solution to this problem is that the jungle needs some rework. I think that both blue and red buffs should be parallel to each other. The other issue that I'm concern about is that bot lanes can get golems at1:40 but you can't get it at the red side.

AlphariusRising

08-16-2012

Your Sample size is too small and too limited IMO.

You'll see much more even numbers if you look at a wider range of skill levels over a large number of cases.

123456 ... 11