Best 3v3 champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seanathinary

06-13-2012

I just recently hit over 500 wins and i wanna start getting more into 3v3 what champs are best to play ? also for new beginning players playing 3v3, friend just started and is terribad with the champs he uses dunno what to suggest for him to play, any ideas ?

Azcraz77

06-13-2012

I love twisted treeline myself and i have found that champions that are not so reliant on very expensive items do better in 3v3 just because there is less farm obviously. Additionally use champs that are not mana dependent even thou its a quick trip back to base the laning phase in 3v3 is super important imo, usually a player that wins their lane kinda shuts down the person they laned against in terms of gold, kills, and everytihing else. Hope this helps.

Dennis912

06-13-2012

Well if your friend just started playing im sure that means he probably doesnt have a full meta optimal rune page. This will hurt in the laning phase against people with good rune pages. I find that in blind norms 3v3 I crush my lane most of the time simply because I have good rune pages and my base stats across board are better than my opponent. Using this advantage I can begin bullying and zoning level 1 depending on champ matchup ofc. Now as for suggestions the best champs for 3v3 are bruisers they can dish out pain and usually have some sort of sustain or tanky abilities. So tell your friend to practice fighting with a bruiser which is really tough to learn because you must figure out what that champ can and cannot do in situations and vs certain other champs.

Here is a list of bruisers that do well in TT:

Lee Sin, Poppy, Gangplank, Darius, Olaf, Warwick, Pantheon, Tryndamere, Shyvanna, Jax, Udyr, Shen

Now also you want to have at least one person on your team with HARD CC by this I mean stuns fears and knockups. One champ that does this really well and can hard zone with cc is nautilus try him out hes great. Hope this helps if you have any questions you can add me and message me in game.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2012

Singed is #1 on TT. In ranked he is almost guaranteed to be banned.

Jyrachi

08-22-2012

Teemo is also a decent pick, but I prefer Riven or Shyvana

JD 2020

Community Program Manager

08-23-2012
1 of 5 Riot Posts

Recently I played a series of games with Jax top, Diana and Irelia bot, and forced 5 surrenders in a row against a variety of decent opposing team comps - including a team jungling pretty efficiently with Rengar.

I find the Jax/Diana/Irelia combo provides a lot of AP burst from Diana, a ton of damage and sustainability from Jax, and with a tanky mixed-damage assassin like Irelia tossed into the mix, it's a pretty tough team comp to beat. Jax and Irelia have stuns, Diana has her pull, and all 3 have pretty good dash / leap abilities for mass initiation.

No one team composition is perfect though, and with the right amount of poke and kiting, shutting a team like Jax/Diana/Irelia down early would certainly throw a wrench in the gears. We lost one game today using this team comp because we took Diana top, and found that without her poke bot it was difficult to scale as fast as we were in the first 5 matches.

Give it a try, and let me know how you like it .

Cheers,

-JD
http://twitter.com/JD_2020

Tycoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD 2020 View Post
Recently I played a series of games with Jax top, Diana and Irelia bot, and forced 5 surrenders in a row against a variety of decent opposing team comps - including a team jungling pretty efficiently with Rengar.

I find the Jax/Diana/Irelia combo provides a lot of AP burst from Diana, a ton of damage and sustainability from Jax, and with a tanky mixed-damage assassin like Irelia tossed into the mix, it's a pretty tough team comp to beat. Jax and Irelia have stuns, Diana has her pull, and all 3 have pretty good dash / leap abilities for mass initiation.

No one team composition is perfect though, and with the right amount of poke and kiting, shutting a team like Jax/Diana/Irelia down early would certainly throw a wrench in the gears. We lost one game today using this team comp because we took Diana top, and found that without her poke bot it was difficult to scale as fast as we were in the first 5 matches.

Give it a try, and let me know how you like it .

Cheers,

-JD
http://twitter.com/JD_2020
are you the same JD 2020 from cod??

Aphoristic

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeToPlayMid View Post
are you the same JD 2020 from cod??
He is.

How long have you been at Riot, Josh?

Poush

08-23-2012

As a global rule, bruisers/tanky champs win 3v3. I'm not saying "Pick 3 bruisers, autowin", but if your team has one AD, one AP, and one bruiser, you will probably lose vs 2 bruisers+ 1 poker. So mainly look into your bruiser list.
I often play 3v3 with a friend (duo queue), Shen+AD sion bot, Shen+fiora are both great combos. Pantheon+Poppy is a devastating combo if you master it (one stun landed= kill =snowball).

MrPopoGod

08-23-2012

Morgana is surprisingly strong in 3s, especially if you run a jungler. She can hold a 1v2 lane with smart play and her ult is devastating in the team fights.