Locked Camera Players Purple Side Disadvantage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaja

10-19-2012

bump

Angel Aquarius

10-21-2012

bump

Helenid

12-13-2012

I agree with OP.

Zilen

12-13-2012

well, my friends, your solution finally came. well, like halfway. the new HUD is much smaller and i can see just fine now.

DikkeZever

12-14-2012

I personally dont' got any problems with purple side anymore, (i usually go top when i see i'm purple now though) but indeed, it is annoying for ranged champions who used locked camera, i know a few friends who HATE playing on purple side just cause of this.

Necroing

03-11-2013

Purple team is pure garbage. It's 2013 and Riot can't fix the camera view to make it look the same as blue side which is really sad. I never play Aram's or blind pick because of being on the purple side. I play with an unlocked camera however it's just plain nonsense where I can't see that far ahead on my skillshots. If I end up landing on purple I always pick support. In draft pick I'll que dodge second pick most of the time and in proving grounds I always go team 1. I played Ranked in Brazil making it to gold however I stopped because of this new league system and the fact that que dodges means league point loss. However according to this new update 03/07/2013 if you don't pick a champion, everyone gets kicked out of que and it doesn't count as que dodging. This will make me play ranked and stick to first pick(blue side).

Orion69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvM ChinWoo View Post
I'm a player that uses locked camera, I can't play without it. I try using unlocked camera and do personally horrible. I'm asking Riot to please put the "Purple Side" of Summoner's Rift the same view as "Blue Side". When I'm locked on the camera and I go bottom, its impossible for me to see the enemy or do skill shots/long range shots. I'm sure a-lot of people are having this issue to. Every time I play on blue side I mostly win.. When I play on purple side... I do horrible. If not, please make an option that does so. Yes, I used to play immense amounts of bot games back then when I started until now, bots got too easy and I am now used to blue side.

I'm just suggesting this.. So please don't flame. Just comment why this would be bad/good.
Not trying to tell you what to do, but imo, you will never get better with locked camera. I still use the SPACE bar to center myself, but I've been playing unlocked for a long time. When I first changed it, it was complicated and difficult to get used to (just like smartcasting), but eventually, it became second nature. While I think they still need to raise the zoom limit (this limit just isn't comfortable for me), I think you'd gain much more benefit unlocking your camera and learning how to use it.

Rossebay

03-13-2013

At first, I figured Riot had some pretty legitimate reasoning. Top wouldn't be top, bot wouldn't be bot, and it would be pretty disorienting and costly for many players. And I get that.

But then someone mentioned that the map could be rotated 90 degrees clockwise. That way, Top would still be Top, Bot would still be Bot, but the viewing angle would be vastly improved.

But Riot said, "What if you had a teamfight start from behind you and you had to join it? It'd be difficult then."
Yes, Riot. What if something that only happened 5% of the time happened? What then?

Beyond that, I really don't think Riot cares much. They were looking at skewed data (they still are) for players who play "Locked" (people who had done some cryptic thing to make their cameras lock at endgame), which was obviously small. Rather than putting in a menu to set it for default, they thought that this cryptic method was enough.
Even after fixing the issue, problems still remained and it wasn't a very legitimate way to collect data.

But Riot didn't work to collect it any more legitimately because they don't care. They recognize the issue (They put higher ELO players on purple), but they don't do anything to fix it because they think they've balanced it, which is frustrating. From what I've read, they're basically hoping people will switch to unlocked camera so they don't have to fix it, but the problem exists in a minor way for unlocked players, too. They don't want to spend our money that we give them to fix an issue we want fixed.
Gr9 job Riot.

While boourns had some pretty legitimate reasoning for quite some time, he began to ignore the more reasonable solutions and was just looking for a hotfix, rather than a permanent, more intelligent fix.

So I don't know what Riot wants from us, but it's not the solutions we're giving them.

Ama291

03-18-2013

I totally agree with this, just a suggestion that I use while playing adc or top purple, fight in lane on the other side of the bushes, it really helps.

Bolraguard

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXMemnocHXx View Post
i can't play unlocked either and it's a huge disadvantage to play purple and it pisses me and my team off now that i've ventured into ranked

it's time to stop ignoring this and fix it please

i feed everytime i play purple bot and most of the time the other lanes as well only when playing purple though
This, - HUGE problem, especially when your trying to gain Elo, and you know for a fact, that you have a disadvantage and that's whats causing you to lose more games then any.
Should put up a Stat collector to show the Blue side wins over Purple side wins. if its separate by more than 5%, its an Obvious problem.