Pulsefire Ezreal is Coming

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackBoy911

06-14-2012

omg this is actually great when done for the designer
can u make a cass skin next really want a good one

IS1c4d0c584523e580653b4

06-14-2012

First off; nice job Riot!
You've really gone out of your way to make this skin something special, and I'd say you've done it good

Since you asked us if we want you to do more of these special? legendary skins I figured some feedback would be in order.

While I recognise the effort in all areas of the skin, there are things about it I don't like as well as like.

First the things I don't like.
The emote animations and ideas are nice and fancy, but ultimately I never use them and thus I do not factor them into the deciding to buy a skin; not even a legendary one.

The hovering/flying thing looks fancy, but when I first saw it I was confused and wondered if you actually had changed one of his skills or something. Design that doesn't match or correspond to
game-play is something I don't like. In Ez's case it's not as bad as in Anivia's and Corki's, which "fly" all the time.

The banner is a bit of wasted effort since it doesn't show for players unless they inspect your profile.
That's something I never do myself at least.

Now to the good stuff.
I really like the armour and visual upgrades at ult-levels, that's been something on my mind ever since the pokemon-moba-idea. My only complaint is that it doesn't change his appearance as drastically as
pokemons' evolutions, but I can see why that is not the case. In the end players have to be able to recognize him as Ezreal.

Also I like the new summoner Icon. Why just not add the regular champion icons too for all champs though? That'd give us a way to show the rest of the community our favourite champion. The current summoner icons are abstract and general, and doesn't do much. Unlike the banner the summoner icon
shows up after games so it's a bit more interesting to have a custom one. Why not let it show for your team-mates in the pre-game lobby as well?

In the end.
I'm not an Ezreal player and I don't even own him so I'm not seeing me buying this skin. I would consider buying it with the discount if I enjoyed ezreal. But the base price is a bit too high. Personally I feel I'd be paying for some extra stuff I don't really want (the emotes and banner basically).

On to non-skin specific stuff.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean with the pulse-fire treatment. Is it the pulse-fire theme or the epic scale of the skin?
I'm guessing it's the epic scale of the skin, but I sure wouldn't mind some champs getting all pulse-fired-pimped. Blitzcrank and Orianna are the ones that comes to mind first. I really dislike the old retro sci-fi style. So much in fact that I haven't bought either of them even though their skill-sets do appeal to me (pulling champs towards you and having you're spells cast from something eles than yourself as the origin is cool). If you were to make them a more futuristic pulsefire themed skin, consider me a buyer
Mind you I'm happy with just a new model, not a legendary one with all the extra stuff ;P
I'm just happy to see that there is a place for sci-fi in LoL

In the case of an epic skin with visual upgrades at significant levels?
I'm one of the monster/creature fanatics out there so there's no clear choice for me sadly. Non of the mosters in the league are mostery enough for me
But some interesting candidates would be Maokai, Skarner and Kog'maw.
None of their skins have armour besides natural carapace or bark. I'd be very interested to see them mutate/evolve carapace/bark/whatnot rather than just having layers of man-made armour added on them since it doesn't really fit the whole moster-thing they've got going.
You can skip the emotes though.
I can see some people enjoying them, but I'm not one of them. I give them a go the first time I try a new champ and never use them again, and I rarely see anyone using them either.

That's my 2 cents.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

just don't make all the pulsfire skins AD carries.

Nannii

06-14-2012

this skin just set the bar on legendary skins.....and now alll other skins look sad in comparison....

skellyton3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

Just take my money!!!

jokers founder19

06-14-2012

Brand pulse fire!

Dren the Black

06-14-2012

It's like megaman....

JawaElite

Recruiter

06-14-2012

Here's an idea. Do Veigar, Maybe Cass, Kassadin, Malzahar.
I think a pulsefire skin for them would be perfect. Oh, Graves would also be a good option. If you guys at riot do that, we gamers will throw more money at you then you can handle.

NochGoat

06-14-2012

Am I the only one who's not super excited for this, I mean sure it's cool. But honestly I don't see why everyone else is getting super freaked out about it...

Lunar Pearl

06-14-2012

JUST PLAYED IN THE PBE OMFG!!!Riot you did an amazing job on this skin all around the emotes the dance( I like how you sorta kept the dance that is classic about Ezreal) the flying looks amazing in game but its sad b/c you can only use it once you're level 16 D= but great job! I'm going to have to learn to play AP Ezreal so i can play him as mid so i never have to stop playing him!!! =D(ive even learned how to jungle him :P)