Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tryndamere Hard Carry (Video Guide)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foreshadowed

11-01-2009

weeplash

sloppy last hits!

Whiplash

Recruiter

11-01-2009

Who let you out of your cage forshadowed?

WΎÅRР؃ LØLŽ

11-01-2009

I had Whiplash on my team as Tryndamere last night and boy was it fun to watch him slice people up with his build and play.

I believe he had 24 kills and carried us to a win where we were way behind to start the match.

Demosthenes

11-02-2009

My main issue, as others have mentioned, is that the video is against such horrible opponents.

When playing decent teams, Tryn is always focused first in team fights, stunned, disabled, etc. But more importantly they don't let you farm or outlevel them.

The other issue I have is that with a pure damage build like this, tryn is pretty slow to get going compared to other heroes. Mid game, if you are at the same level as your opponents, you tend to be comparatively weak. Pretty much until the infinity blade is finished.

And the biggest problem about this tryn built, is that when you have no bloodlust charges up, you are absolutely gimp, especially early-mid game. In a more organized game against better opponents, 5 man fights start pretty early, and they OFTEN happen in situations where you don't have an opportunity to get bloodlust charges up. Big problem.

I've been toying with a build that goes AP with a little cooldown reduction early game, which makes spin a much bigger threat to opposing heroes early-mid game. I've found this build to be much stronger early-mid game for ganking and such. At this point in the game bloodlust charges are your biggest melee dmg increase, and with the addition of an AP increased whirlwind it just seems stronger. Also, and this is the big thing, by early-mid game you can clear entire creep waves with one spin. This is HUGE for your farming, and also allows you to pick up instant charges as your spinning in to attack an opposing hero that is near his own creeps. I usually try to pick up a banshee's veil against most hero lineups as well, as stuns and silences are simply crippling to tryn. Once money starts to roll in and levels increase, I grab infinity edge, some life steal, and eventually a cleaver. You do NOT notice the lack of those early game damage items at all. Crits for over 900 dmg etc are still there in the late game with this build.

With all that said, and as you have mentioned, Tryn is still extremely vulnerable to heroes with silence, stuns, etc, and against competant teams I'm just not sure the hero is even viable in his current state.

Danulas

11-02-2009

Some nicer font would be great.

Also, I'd go for some light easy-listening jazz for a background track. Something like what you'd hear at Panera.

Whiplash

Recruiter

11-02-2009

Quote:
Demosthenes:
My main issue, as others have mentioned, is that the video is against such horrible opponents.

When playing decent teams, Tryn is always focused first in team fights, stunned, disabled, etc. But more importantly they don't let you farm or outlevel them.

The other issue I have is that with a pure damage build like this, tryn is pretty slow to get going compared to other heroes. Mid game, if you are at the same level as your opponents, you tend to be comparatively weak. Pretty much until the infinity blade is finished.

And the biggest problem about this tryn built, is that when you have no bloodlust charges up, you are absolutely gimp, especially early-mid game. In a more organized game against better opponents, 5 man fights start pretty early, and they OFTEN happen in situations where you don't have an opportunity to get bloodlust charges up. Big problem.

I've been toying with a build that goes AP with a little cooldown reduction early game, which makes spin a much bigger threat to opposing heroes early-mid game. I've found this build to be much stronger early-mid game for ganking and such. At this point in the game bloodlust charges are your biggest melee dmg increase, and with the addition of an AP increased whirlwind it just seems stronger. Also, and this is the big thing, by early-mid game you can clear entire creep waves with one spin. This is HUGE for your farming, and also allows you to pick up instant charges as your spinning in to attack an opposing hero that is near his own creeps. I usually try to pick up a banshee's veil against most hero lineups as well, as stuns and silences are simply crippling to tryn. Once money starts to roll in and levels increase, I grab infinity edge, some life steal, and eventually a cleaver. You do NOT notice the lack of those early game damage items at all. Crits for over 900 dmg etc are still there in the late game with this build.

With all that said, and as you have mentioned, Tryn is still extremely vulnerable to heroes with silence, stuns, etc, and against competant teams I'm just not sure the hero is even viable in his current state.

Yea the people we were playing weren't that good, and yes I do agree with you that if you're playing against a really good team with some ammount of cc/stun/silence they will not let you get farmed on Trynd. The build relies on your team alot, you need a team that can keep their lanes locked down or atleast hold their own. If the other team starts switch lanes and ganking you probably gonna be fucked, but with that said same thing can happen if you play any heroe vs a very well organized team.

Also the way you have to play this build is basically clean up crew( Unless if your just way overpowering the other team). If you bide you time and let your team engage their team and wait for them to blow their cc/silences then you can come in and just wreck people. You have to play really smart in order for my build to be effective vs skilled opponents.

Thanks for the feedback tho much appreciated.

Demosthenes

11-03-2009

I played Tryn almost exclusively after release (played a few other heroes in beta didn't like them much), I enjoyed the late game carry aspect and thought his mechanics were interesting.

But honestly, after playing another hero for just one game (gangplank), I have to say that Tryn is a completely gimp (almost to the point of being broken) hero at this point. Even in my best game where I went 31-10-9 with tryn, I absolutely was not as useful overall as with this other hero that I completely fudged the item build on and had never played before.

Not touching Tryn again until they buff him significantly, gimp gimp gimp.

11-03-2009

I think it is good that people are posting video guides. This helps show the pace of the game and item order well. I think in this video however... the enemy team was too easy. It looked like their sion and nunu fed while their alistar was mediocre. On your team it seemed you and the pirate carried the most. Maybe in a future video you can show earlier team coordination for ganking too. You had a lane to farm for a longgggg time o-o.

Whiplash

Recruiter

11-03-2009

Quote:
Tiranui:
I think it is good that people are posting video guides. This helps show the pace of the game and item order well. I think in this video however... the enemy team was too easy. It looked like their sion and nunu fed while their alistar was mediocre. On your team it seemed you and the pirate carried the most. Maybe in a future video you can show earlier team coordination for ganking too. You had a lane to farm for a longgggg time o-o.

Yea we definately outskilled their team, their nunu and sion must have been new. Their Trynd was ok, I was just better and as for Alistar he got some nicely timed stuns on me and killed me a couple times.

My wife was playing pirate

With this build you need to farm till you get your infinity edge, once you get that you can gank like crazy. Now with that said If my team is having trouble I will come and setup ganks on folks, but as you could see my teamates were doing just fine in their lanes so there was no need.

As for what Demo said, yea Trynd is really weak in comparison to all other carrys. There are just too many counters for him. He is really weak in team fights (Due to the crazy ammount of cc and silence in the game), he reminds me alot of Yunero in dota, more of a kill people alone heroe.

Whiplash

Recruiter

12-04-2009

/bump