This is NOT a thread about Dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LadysKnight

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekÝ View Post
I use it to pub stomp relentlessly for free IP. 20 minute win is a 45 minute loss in SR. But I enjoy SR too much to do that so often.

Play Rammus or taric in dominion. Realise there is NO. BALANCE.
This is an example of someone who doesn't know how to play dominion. If those are your two picks for op, you got something else going on in the head.

I play dom regularly. Way more fun than SR when you have competent teammates. More raw fight skill and less "I knows hows to last hit in my lanes" skill

Achlys010

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadysKnight View Post
This is an example of someone who doesn't know how to play dominion. If those are your two picks for op, you got something else going on in the head.

I play dom regularly. Way more fun than SR when you have competent teammates. More raw fight skill and less "I knows hows to last hit in my lanes" skill
completely agree, i play dom on a regular basis, 330+ wins (not a lot compared to some of the players i play with, holy moly they have smth like 800+ dom wins)
ram is decent, but NOT OP at all if u care to play a few games. taric..hmmm not sure wat to say.

Skaliton

06-13-2012

the only time i play it is if i have under 10 minutes and want my first win (so bots) i think the gametype is just stupid

darthlala

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
So, I have to ask, does using Dominion as a warm up do anything to help with your skills on SR? There has been the long-standing issue as to whether continued exposure to Dominion actually dulls a person's ability to play SR. I could believe that it would start to hamper someone's overall performance in the laning phase, but I've always suspected that Dominion could actually improve a person's ability to teamfight.

Also, my thanks for posting here in the spirit of the thing. +1, good sir.
Its alright to learn how to teamfight better. I mostly use it as my first game to get my fingers used to playing the game again. ( starting without a warmup game makes me miss cs early )

Tortferngatr

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achlys010 View Post
completely agree, i play dom on a regular basis, 330+ wins (not a lot compared to some of the players i play with, holy moly they have smth like 800+ dom wins)
ram is decent, but NOT OP at all if u care to play a few games. taric..hmmm not sure wat to say.
Besides, Malphite does what he should be doing (tank AD champs and deal damage back)...better. Sure, Rammus has good mobility and an uber taunt, but having Malphite in one place Seismic Sharding and dealing plenty of good deeps is probably better than having Rammus switching between two and taunting. Rammus also has the annoying tendency to make your teammates a bit more lax in their play due to his perception as still broken.

Taric really isn't seen too often. Some people really like him.

The OP champs right now are Yorick as a botlaner (don't firstpick him in draft, though-he's got his counters [like Nasus Q farming his ghouls],) Urgot (both top and bot,) Kassadin (top,) Jax (top and bot,) and Lulu (top and bot.)

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Just think how hard you would stomp SR if your SR elo was as horrible as your Dominion elo.

P.S. Taric? lol. And Rammus isn't even banned in tournaments anymore.
In that guy's defense, Rammus is still a fairly common roflstomper in Dominion pubs (or was, before I decided to step away from Dominion since Riot has chosen to ignore it). He's exactly who I defaulted to when I wanted to get out of a losing streak. Those who stuck with Dominion and actually learned the game were able to counter him pretty easily (build MR, build lifesteal, play WW), but that isn't representative of the majority of League players, many of whom probably just saw him as a movespeed machine built for backcapping.

As for Taric... Literally, I have no idea...

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekÝ View Post
I use it to pub stomp relentlessly for free IP. 20 minute win is a 45 minute loss in SR. But I enjoy SR too much to do that so often.

Play Rammus or taric in dominion. Realise there is NO. BALANCE.
As if SR is balanced. If SR is so balanced, why do you people get yelled at for not picking the right jungler? The right mid lane? The right bot lane combo?

"OH MY GOD GG YOU PICKED IRELIA JUNGLE NOOB SHE IS SO BAD." That just means that there is not balance in this game PERIOD. It's not just dominion, it's ****ing riot.

AND HEY RIOT I HOPE YOU READ THIS BEFORE YOU MOVE IT YOU ****ING PRICKS. MOVE THE SR THREADS TOO YOU ****ING HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF ****.

Ahri all day

06-13-2012

I play it when I don't want to bother with farming to dealing with people wanting certain lanes.

Unless I get tired playing bot in Dominion, then I just deal with it because it's a lot better than any solo lane in SR (Yorick op in Dom)

Ask H3carim

06-13-2012

If I need to play a quick game, or if I want to get more than 10 kills as Karthus in a single game.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaliton View Post
i think the gametype is just stupid
In fairness, I really do respect dissenting opinions, but usually only if they are followed up by a reason. Is it stupid because of a particular element? Because one of your favorite champs doesn't perform as well as he/she/it does on SR? Too much chaos? Not enough chaos?