Normal Game: Draft Mode vs Blind Pick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CS RaiL

08-25-2010

To Riot Games,

Hi there, would it possible to have draft mode within normal games?
Here's my idea:

- Queue normal game Summoner's Rift.
- "A match has been found!"
- You choose either "Finish what I'm doing" or "Play Now" - it doesn't matter.
- During the 1st 45 seconds there will be small and simple display of whether you want to play blind pick or draft mode.
- The voting process begins: the mode with the highest number of votes will be played.
- If there is a draw between the two (5 for blind and 5 for draft), then blind pick will be played as this should have been the normal route taken.
- What is considered to be a success / failure to play draft mode may vary.
- Will apply to Twisted Treeline with numbers obviously differing.

This will help to educate people about team composition and how to go about playing ranked games thereby purging what is known as elo hell.
There you have it, what do you think?

If you liked this idea try this one: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...87#post2550387

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: Practice games contain Draft Mode! Solves Everything!

Dunkelzahn

08-25-2010

then the champions that people whine about being OP will start being banned in normal games too

Rhetorical Hippo

08-25-2010

The issue with Draft Mode is that it is exclusive, so you cannot have duplicate champions from the pool. This is not what Riot wants, so they keep it blind. Just play what you want and enjoy yourself.

I sympathize with your position but even if it were an elected option this seems to be contrary to the game design.

Also, can you imagine the amount of queue dodging when new champions come out? There is already a ton in normal games, this would only add to it, even if Draft Mode is elected.

ChodeBigload

08-25-2010

I like this idea although the voting process seems like it would be annoying. There really needs to be 2 separate queues.

CS RaiL

08-25-2010

I suppose having two separate queues would work but that too may have issues with being annoying.
The only solution I can think of now about fixing the whole voting for blind pick / draft mode would be to have the success rate for draft mode as more than 75% (more or maybe consent?) for it to occur.

Miles Long

08-25-2010

True MOBA skill comes from experience, it can't be taught.

LoL is too unbalanced for team composition to trump every last wild variable present within. All ranked games do is put more emphasis on losing at the loading screen.

I'd rather take the chaotic crapshoot of blind pick rather than believe playing League of Counter-picking (Draft mode) is any better.

Still, the idea of having more game modes for normal games is a noble endeavor. But Riot already has a nice segregation thing going on so it seems like it's taken care of.

Stuffyz

08-25-2010

Draft mode = ranked
Blind pick = normal

no?

Big Rubber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2010

i can't play shaco completely anymore QQ

CS RaiL

08-25-2010

I suppose what I'm trying to push forward is a way of understanding how ranked games work before actually going into one. My first few ranked game at solo queue was quite horrible given that nobody was counter-picking or even saying who to ban.

Things should meld together so that there's not a sudden jump from playing normal games and then going to ranked games and having a harder time. I believe there has to be some way to connect normal games and ranked games.

Hoywolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2010

Not everyone wants to do Draft pick is should not be an option post match making, if there were to be a feature like this you would want it to pre match making, where players select what they want to do.