Pulsefire Systems Online: The Making of Pulsefire Ezreal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Hellsage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Bot View Post
It's an amazing skin. Too bad the potential cash grab forced you guys to sell your souls to bump up the price beyond what a normal legendary skin would cost.
Because people don't get that it isn't just a skin...

PFE is so much more than just a skin. They changed every single effect and animation. From a VFX aspect, Pulsefire was built basically from the ground up.

It took a metric butt-ton of work to get him to where he is today, and then to throw on effects onto minion and enemy champion deaths, new voice acting, a new summoner profile badge, and a new summoner profile banner (meaning they had to change code in more than just the character model and store listings; they had to update how profiles are read)???

Why the hell WOULDN'T Riot charge more than just the price of a Legendary skin?!?!? PFE is in a class of its own... I think my brother named it best: PFE is the first member of the ELITE skin class. With all the work that went into this, and looking around at how rampant price gouging on DLC content is in the gaming industry, you should be PRAISING Riot, thanking them for ONLY charging $25 for this.

/endgamedevpovrant

The Hellsage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj spinfuse View Post
pulsefire ezreal where?
Pulsefire ezreal there!

Oh my gosh! If they modify his recall animation to be that of the iconic stance tron & sam takes when they hold the disc in the air...
Like this
http://www.x17online.com/tronposters.jpg

i will ejaculate with such force that half of australia will be torn asunder.

Can't wait to see a possible cyber team coming along.. 5 sci-fi folks
which makes me think zilean needs a sci-fi time traveller skin, i dunno similar to dr. Who maybe? Nice suit and a phone booth on his back.

please for the love of everything pulsefire DO THIS FOR PFE. Besides, I'd be shocked if the Pulsefire Armory DIDN'T have a few Identity Discs lying around in storage somewhere.

acesoflife

06-14-2012

give me nao plz i can not wait much longer

SP Shogun

06-14-2012

The waiting hurts after seeing the page dedicated to PFEz

Barcode Exile

06-14-2012

THIS IS MY MONEY

*points to money*

TAKE IT

*hands over money*

DoubleHawk

06-14-2012

Shut up and take my money!

God is Dead

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Spinfuse View Post
PULSEFIRe EZREAL WHERE?
PULSEFIRe EZREAL THERE!

OH MY GOSH! If they modify his recall animation to be that of the iconic stance Tron & Sam takes when they hold the disc in the air...
Like this
http://www.x17online.com/tronposters.jpg

I will ejaculate with such force that half of Australia will be torn asunder.

Can't wait to see a possible Cyber team coming along.. 5 sci-fi folks
Which makes me think Zilean needs a sci-fi time traveller skin, I dunno similar to Dr. Who maybe? Nice suit and a Phone Booth on his back.
Doing the Tron pose with a disc for a recall would indeed be absolutely amazing. But unfortunately Im willing to bet they already finalized PFE. =/

Phoof

06-14-2012

I worry about the gameplay with the flying though. Even if his hitbox never changes, players see him in a slightly different location as he flys. Would that not change expectations for skill shots?

Roadface

06-14-2012

Sadly I don't have the money to spend it on this skin. Prolly won't for awhile. But just knowing I can see it in game and watch streams is good enough for me. I also hope this means you'll put more effort into skins in the future. This skin is epic but it shouldn't be the only one you know? Maybe you could release 4 epic skins a year that seems reasonable if there aren't any hitches in development. Anyway that's all I planned on saying. GREAT JOB RIOT <3

Aussterben

06-14-2012

That was a pleasant surprise to see such a nice skin for ezreal... Ez is my favorite ranged ad champ =)