Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How does the ranking system work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zt Rush

06-12-2012

Hello, so when i first became level 30 i played 9 games jungle volibear (which is stupid in the first place) in a row...lost them all. I never played ranked again and i had sometihng like 180 normal wins at the time.

I currently have over 500+ normal wins and i sware to god i'm soooo much better haha.

But i have been playing ranked games games again, maybe one every 3 days, trying to to do my best to go up in elo.

I almost always win my lane simply because everyone is so bad. Do my job well 100% of the time late game. I ward my heart out. Get oricles most of the time if i'm either jungling or supporting (sometimes mid or top too if i'm doing well). I make a concious effort to always have a positive score and keep my cs higher then my lane partner if possible. I gank like it's my job, I simply don't know what else to do.

This is not a rant or anything. I'm simply saying i win a game if my team is ok...and lose if i can't carry them. And for that reason i just can't get out of elo hell. How does the ranking system work? Cause i do well in every single ranked game and continue to drop. Must i carry an entire team of fools every time in order to go up?

I try my hardest to carry but sometimes it's simply a lost cause. If the system is 100% based of the entire team winning or losing then it MUST be reworked...

I just need to know if that's how the ranking system works...

Zt Rush

06-12-2012

Not complaining in the thread simply need understanding.

PhattyBacon

06-12-2012

OH MY GOD IT'S ANOTHER ONE OF THESE THREADS.
Hey man, it's all good. We all know that you belong at 1800+ ELO, you just always encounter trolls right? Everyone else loses their lane yeah? Your jungler can't jungle, mid can't mid, support can't support, etc. We all know that you are doomed to suffer in "ELO hell" because it's just the darndest luck that these people are on your team. That's 100% the way it is and I hope that you get really lucky so that you can climb out of "ELO hell" real soon, because the entire system revolves around luck, right?

Daye Tainer

07-14-2012

I know what you mean and I would recommend that you join a complete ranked team that you can rely on.

Daye Tainer

07-14-2012

Here is a more thorough answer:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Elo_rating_system

A bit technical but I hope it helps.

SayYesToYandere

Recruiter

09-02-2012

Taking what you said about everyone being bad into consideration, assume that your team will never be 'ok'. Everyone in Elo hell pretty much sucks. Don't expect your teammates to be any better. If you're as good as you say you are, why can't you carry the team? From what I gather, the enemy team sucks too. Proceed to pubstomp with champions that carry well. Try to find other good players stuck in Elo hell, friend with them, and duo queue. That may raise your chances of winning. Also, jungle Volibear can be pretty effective if played correctly.