Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP Rune Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gandaar

06-12-2012

What's the best generic rune build for casters? Also, would armor penetration be any good for a mage? I'm not clear on whether armor penetration factors in for physical and magic damage or only physical damage.
Thanks!

XElement

06-12-2012

Armor Pent. would be awful for a mage. That is what your auto attacks (aa's) would be doing.
You want spell pent. if you truely want that.

I'm not a pro with the runes so not sure which runes you want for the stats.
But, i would assuem AP/Mana regen(if you need it) and MR would be 3 solid stats to build on your caster for mid.

AP for the extra damage.
Mana regen if your champ has issues with mana and just helps a bit. Or I guess you could get that Magic Penetration that you wanted.
And MR, most likely you'll be against another caster.

Markanaya

06-12-2012

Magic Pen marks, seals could be either scaling mana/5 or flat mana/5 (or scaling AP if you dont spam abilities much), seals could be MR/level. Quints.. Magic pen or AP. (That's what I run anyways: MPen, flat MP5, MR/L, AP Quints)

If you're playing a champ with a really bad early game, flat MR wouldn't hurt. Also, flat AP wouldn't hurt, either. EX- Vlad. His early game usually sucks, but I saw a guy yesterday running flat AP runes, he destroyed me, even pre-9.

Armor penetration has no use on a mage. Armor penetration is useful for autoattacks/physical damage.

YPR

06-12-2012

I was always told Magic Pen reds, Mana/5 yellows, AP/level blues, and flat AP quints.

pindel

06-12-2012

Here is what I generally use, but I'm sure every one has their own variation. I used to use the mana/5 seals but they really aren't necessary on any champion; you should be getting blue buff, and if you do have mana issues early game just buy some mana pots. Armor penetration factors in on anything that would be reduced by armor such as auto attacks and skills.

flat ap quint
mag pen reds
flat ap seals
ap/lvl glyphs

Gandaar

06-12-2012

Thanks so much for the feedback guys, I appreciate it!

unkn0wn08

07-19-2012

i hope she gets buffed soon