What is a fast way of getting alot of IP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegyPlegy

Recruiter

06-12-2012

I started playing LoL again last week, and I was progressing quickly. I didn't have much time to play, however and my IP suffered as a result.

I only played Darius (I didnt really have time to try any other champ) and earned about 2000 IP in the process. He's probably my favorite champion (I haven't tried others) and I really enjoy using him. I need about 4000 more IP to unlock him, and I was wondering if some game modes gave more IP than others.. any help?

Kame Senpai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2012

There is no fastest way to earn IP. The reasoning is the fact that you can gain less ip from losses.
Theoretical fastest IP gain
Summoner's rift PvP
Win at exactly the 55 min mark (thats when IP gain caps at 145). And to continue this through a win streak.

However, the safest way is probably dominion games. Due to the faster games, you can make up for losses easier, but it also means you gain less from wins due to shorter games. No one really knows where and when the cap is for Dominion so I can't really help on the timer part.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-12-2012

Keep in mind the 'theoretical' means above includes several assumptions that are impossible to achieve; e.g., winning on command, being able to choose the length of the game, etc.

In practice, the game modes all give roughly the same IP, as those modes that take longer to complete give more IP. If you don't have a lot of time, playing a quick coop or dominion game to get your first win of the day each day will help.

R00ler

06-12-2012

If you are less than level 10 you can play Coop vs AI without a XP/IP penalty. This is probably the easiest way to earn IP.

Here's a good page that describes how the IP is calculated http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Influence_Points

chaser676

06-12-2012

To answer your question, playing the game at a normal pace will get you the most IP. There's no workaround, magically fast game mode that grants you enormous IP boosts.

Now, onto a much more serious topic, don't buy darius. He's fun, and good against certain tops, but he's a situational pick. For the price of buying darius with IP, you could get ALL of these champions...

Annie
Kayle
Ryze
Ashe
Morgana
Tryndamere
Nunu
Sivir
Soraka
Poppy

Think about that.10 champions that are good at all levels of play and will serve you well throughout your entire league career, or darius. It's a common new player mistake to find a 6300 champ they like and blow all their IP on them, I'd recommend holding off and learning these tried and tested champs.

Also, Darius may have more incoming nerfs.

IAMVICIOUSONE

08-17-2012

lol @ implying darius only works against a few things, no wonder you are bronze. You are telling him to play 1001200410240 other champions then the won he clearly loves to play? Just gtfo.

I can tell you for sure Legy, that if you try hard enough you can master darius and play him against anything. The trick to winning in general is to just master a select few champs, and do them very well.

chaser676

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnotiX View Post
lol @ implying darius only works against a few things, no wonder you are bronze. You are telling him to play 1001200410240 other champions then the won he clearly loves to play? Just gtfo.

I can tell you for sure Legy, that if you try hard enough you can master darius and play him against anything. The trick to winning in general is to just master a select few champs, and do them very well.
Holy necromancers Batman.

First off, why bump an old thread answering a question to someone who doesn't play anymore? Also, lol at the insult to my rank after 22 games. Maybe if I played 800 more ranked games, I could be 80 elo above bronze and look down on people like you do :)

Trainermax

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser676 View Post
Holy necromancers Batman.

First off, why bump an old thread answering a question to someone who doesn't play anymore? Also, lol at the insult to my rank after 22 games. Maybe if I played 800 more ranked games, I could be 80 elo above bronze and look down on people like you do
Batman has gained a new follower.

Lvl 100 Togekiss

05-05-2013

Just win games

Lvl 100 Togekiss

05-05-2013

Just win games, and play all day