Why do people always single one person out

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Man

06-12-2012

When I'm playing I try to stay out of team arguments because all they do is make the team worse but honestly why do people completely neglect their own lack of skill/mistakes to blame someone who's just as innocent of them.

I can't be the only one who's completely fed up with this.

Vizzlepeez

06-12-2012

U arent alone but there is honestly nothing u can do about it

OriginalJack

06-12-2012

It's just human nature to want to blame somebody else instead of yourself. :-(

When you see somebody else on the team getting flamed for playing poorly how often do you try to step in and take the blame?

SatanInDisguise

06-12-2012

Its because no one wants to admit their own fault and it is easier to turn one person into a scapegoat for the team than admit that something is your fault.

Though TBH recently I have been playing with a lot of players who if they slip up and cause something will say sorry that was my fault.

XCodes

06-12-2012

It doesn't help that the stat screen is deceptive as to who the weak link on the team is. Sure, if you have 3 deaths in 10 minutes that's really bad, but if, after a few teamfights, the tank has 3 deaths and the Carries don't have any, that's a sign the tank's doing his job.

tunmi

06-12-2012

As soon as someone starts flaming a teammate for not doing well I usually step in and tell them to stop. I tell them to dont even go there because soon we will all be typing (yelling at eachother) instead of playing the game and thus cement our loss. I tell em that instead of yelling at eachother, just play the game and try to work together so we stand a chance of winning. The more someone gets yelled at the more likily they are to troll or not care about the match anymore. You'd be surprised how often this works! Just make sure you try to keep the peace early because if it gets too out of hand there is no calming them down. Its like snowballing into a loss lol

tunmi

06-12-2012

Another thing you can remind them (if its not ranked) is that it is a normal game.. that is where people practice and get better so they can't get mad if someone isnt "pro". Plus.. you never konw who they are laning against. You could have a couple of low elo plays up against a duo ranked at 2k+ elo

TeknoWizard

06-12-2012

I just say fight the other team, not your own.

Busy Dreamer

06-12-2012

Great, you just invited a thread to be filled with amateur Psychoanalysis, lovely.