So about Kha'Zix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrfsrChaos

09-30-2012

Is he fun?

Is he worth getting?

Is there a noticeable difference from Rengar?

Thanks.

Thyri

09-30-2012

Honestly I like him, but it really comes down to if you enjoy playing rengar, their mechanics are very much the same

Dienos Phos

09-30-2012

I vastly prefer Kha'Zix i find it much easier to reach my target, eliminate it and escape only to, depending on circumstances make a clean escape or return to create more havoc, and counter jungle is a breeze (smite + exhaust) you get a free flash @ lv 3 and you can double its effectiveness @ lv 6 if you want.

I admittedly don't like Rengar and don't know as much about him but when he was free the other week i had troubles being effective, his leap is quite situational forcing him to use his ult to reach his target instead of making an escape most of the time.

PrfsrChaos

09-30-2012

I had some misgivings about Rengar. Both him and Kha'Zix felt like they should be assassins because of their mechanics...but it felt as if Rengar was more of a Brawler with a stealth to run away if things get to much for him.

The mechanics focusing on single target and isolated targets with Kha'Zix seem appealing and a bit more fitting to what I was expecting with Rengar. But not sure.

Axzarious

09-30-2012

Kha'zix is quite the unique experience and rather fun. However he also has a really steep learning curve from what I find. He can do massive damage in the right circumstances, but he is also very frail, easily squished, and has problems with mana reliance which either mean claiming second or even third blue for yourself if you don't want to make frequent trips back home or invest in an item to help with that - the best or most viable being the tear of the godess and later the manamune.

Unlike Rengar who doesn't give a damn about mana and has a much better escape and initiate in the form of his ult - and is able to heal 15% of his hp and gain massive armor and mr... unlike Kha'zix.
Rengar also has a far better slow which can also be a root, unlike Kha'Zix's which he needs to be in melee range and even then it doesn't seem as drastic as the catmans.
Both are effective at ganking isolated team mates, however Tyranid-Scyther will often take a beating in return, and possibly even die depending on the enemy unlike Predator-Cat who will take much less of a beating and likely restore a good chunk of his health shortly after or during the fight with his roar.

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

I've been playing Kha'Zix quite a lot over the last few days.

Some things I have noticed:

Evolving E early makes getting kills a lot easier. I usually evolve Q, W, and E and do not evolve R in most games.

He generally has to be built with a lot of damage and little to no suvivability to be a threat.

He is fun to play and quite powerful, with enough farm and kills.

Some things I like:

With evolved wings, you can jump in, kill a carry, then jump away and escape.

You can jump while stealthed from his ulty. This makes ganks and escapes easy and powerful in the right circumstances.

Your burst damage is insane if you can land your combo.

You can dodge spells (like Darius ulty) with well timed uses of your ultimate.

He looks really really really really cool.

Some things I don't like:

His Q is a melee range targeted cast spell. I feel it would be much more effective if it was an AA reset and could use the sheen/triforce proc. (Its damage would probably have to be reduced).

He is very reliant on being mobile, but items that make him so don't really fit his needed items (aka lots of AD and armor pen; hexdrinker is good too).

Evolving has a channel time. It cannot be interrupted, but it is inconvenient most of the time.

Right now Kha'Zix more or less needs to be built pure squishy. I would like it if I could have a tankier build and still be able to have a presence in lane and teamfights (hence the triforce and stuff)

I think Rengar is a better champ (he can proc triforce and has debatebly better burst and sustain)

Kha'Zix's only advantage over rengar comes in his leap, mainly when it is evolved.

An CalHar

10-01-2012

Rengar over Kha'Zix is a hard one. Rengar is just so strong and his Q does tons of damage without the target having to be separated from team mates. But on the other hand I think Kha'Zix has a stronger 1v1 (so his top lane is awesome) with the sustain from heal, escape, and the ability to make good trades. I think if your looking for a good top buy Kha'Zix.

PrfsrChaos

10-01-2012

I really am looking to figure out which champ really has more of that "predator" feeling to them. Which they both make a great case for.

Also, versatility is important, I like champs that excel at a role but also have some flexibility if needed, it seems from the flexibility standpoint, the responses are showing more towards Rengar than Kha'Zix.

Thanks for the responses so far.

boynightmare

10-01-2012

his q is a lot of damage. he can heal with his w, and jump a realy far distance with his e.
i think he is a good top soloer and jungler

piggypian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

do it