Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"I call mid." "No, I want it and I'm first pic." "K then, I'm trolling"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

somanypandas

06-17-2012

Quote:
Verandure:
I pick only one champion because it's the only one I own that I can play well as. If I could figure out other champions, I would be happy to try them, but Malzahar is (so far) the only one that I've been able to play successfully as. I choose Malz over and over because I want to play with and against people without hindering them by playing a champion that I'll do nothing but feed with because I have no idea what to do with them.

protip: learn other champions. Seriously. It's not that hard. create a custom game and pick a free champ. custom bots are retarded so you can get a feel for the champ without being challenged to perform well with a champ that may not suit you. If that's the case, just end the game and repeat until you have more than one champ you like.

Shadraque

06-18-2012

Quote:
Abussos:
When joining a normal draft game or a ranked solo/duo queue, I've found that there's one thing I always have to consider. Something that hinders my ability to enjoy playing the game: Other people who only want to play one champion or one role. When I join a game, I read the chat and always find people "calling" what roles they want to play. No matter what pick they are, if these people don't receive their favorite role, more often than not, they complain and troll. That is, they pick Evelynn with revive and promote. Or something along the lines of that.

For example, I was just joining a normal draft game with a friend. He was first pick, and I was second. He wanted to play mid as Annie. As soon as the bans started, I told him to call mid just to be safe. He did, before anyone else. When his pick came up, he locked in Annie. Later, when the third person on our team was picking, they chose Leblanc. Everyone in the lobby told the person that Annie was taking mid, and they would have to choose another champion because a) Annie was first pick and b) Annie called it anyways. The person locked in Leblanc anyways, stating that they had called mid second, and they "...definitely [weren't] going anywhere else." After this person said this, my friend got frustrated and decided to leave and log out, due to the fact that this was the FOURTH time in a row that something like this had happened. Things like this are quite common, and I'm very sure they discourage people from playing the game. They definitely discourage me.

So I'd like to make a suggestion. Adding a game type for both normal draft pick games and solo/duo queue ranked games that gives players the ability to pick which roles they would like to play. That is, when a player selects "Start game," a menu appears with check boxes that say Top lane, Jungle, Mid lane, AD Carry Bot, and Support Bot. Players who join queues will be able to pick more than one role. And, if this is possible, players who have picked more roles will have higher priority in the queues. That way, players will no longer have to suffer through 20-50 minutes games with a troll. Because not only are they destined to lose, but they also have to actually try in the game, or face being reported.

Also: I realize that not EVERYONE plays the standard team composition. This is why I suggest that these should be new games types, instead of altering the current ones.

Hopefully this can happen. Thank you.

EDIT: So I've found that most people assume that with this system, you HAVE to pick a champion that is classified for the pre-selected role. False. When you decide what role you're playing before there game, you're only selecting where you'll being going, not what champion you'll be playing. For example, Blitzcrank is used commonly as a support, but he's not classified as one. With this system, you'll still be able to select Blitzcrank for support, or any other champion that you believe is capable of filling any other role.

Also, people seem to think that some might join to troll and pick, for example, Sona top. No. People are only doing this in the first place because they were denied the role they wanted to play. If they pre-select their role, they won't have this problem, and consequentially won't troll.

And for emphasis: I'm NOT suggesting that this be implemented into the whole entire game. I'm suggesting this is added as an additional game type, so that people like me can avoid these problems, and people who want to have their fun and try things out can go play the game modes that are already in the game.

That doesn't completely pigeonhole everyone into the esport meta (that is NOT the end all be all this game has almost 100 champs). Go away, child.

FireJustice

06-18-2012

Quote:
Abussos:
When joining a normal draft game or a ranked solo/duo queue, I've found that there's one thing I always have to consider. Something that hinders my ability to enjoy playing the game: Other people who only want to play one champion or one role. When I join a game, I read the chat and always find people "calling" what roles they want to play. No matter what pick they are, if these people don't receive their favorite role, more often than not, they complain and troll. That is, they pick Evelynn with revive and promote. Or something along the lines of that.

For example, I was just joining a normal draft game with a friend. He was first pick, and I was second. He wanted to play mid as Annie. As soon as the bans started, I told him to call mid just to be safe. He did, before anyone else. When his pick came up, he locked in Annie. Later, when the third person on our team was picking, they chose Leblanc. Everyone in the lobby told the person that Annie was taking mid, and they would have to choose another champion because a) Annie was first pick and b) Annie called it anyways. The person locked in Leblanc anyways, stating that they had called mid second, and they "...definitely [weren't] going anywhere else." After this person said this, my friend got frustrated and decided to leave and log out, due to the fact that this was the FOURTH time in a row that something like this had happened. Things like this are quite common, and I'm very sure they discourage people from playing the game. They definitely discourage me.

So I'd like to make a suggestion. Adding a game type for both normal draft pick games and solo/duo queue ranked games that gives players the ability to pick which roles they would like to play. That is, when a player selects "Start game," a menu appears with check boxes that say Top lane, Jungle, Mid lane, AD Carry Bot, and Support Bot. Players who join queues will be able to pick more than one role. And, if this is possible, players who have picked more roles will have higher priority in the queues. That way, players will no longer have to suffer through 20-50 minutes games with a troll. Because not only are they destined to lose, but they also have to actually try in the game, or face being reported.

Also: I realize that not EVERYONE plays the standard team composition. This is why I suggest that these should be new games types, instead of altering the current ones.

Hopefully this can happen. Thank you.

EDIT: So I've found that most people assume that with this system, you HAVE to pick a champion that is classified for the pre-selected role. False. When you decide what role you're playing before there game, you're only selecting where you'll being going, not what champion you'll be playing. For example, Blitzcrank is used commonly as a support, but he's not classified as one. With this system, you'll still be able to select Blitzcrank for support, or any other champion that you believe is capable of filling any other role.

Also, people seem to think that some might join to troll and pick, for example, Sona top. No. People are only doing this in the first place because they were denied the role they wanted to play. If they pre-select their role, they won't have this problem, and consequentially won't troll.

And for emphasis: I'm NOT suggesting that this be implemented into the whole entire game. I'm suggesting this is added as an additional game type, so that people like me can avoid these problems, and people who want to have their fun and try things out can go play the game modes that are already in the game.

It's flawed.
One person can mark every box and choose any champion
Also there's no way to enforce people stop trolling.
Yeah, the guy chose only support role can still lock Eve with Revive and Clarity.

So, a whole new subsystem created and nothing really changes

xstrifex

06-18-2012

Maybe if the metagame wasn't so stagnate that you basically required to have the 1-1-2-J setup, it would help things. It's the best way to win and if you try anything crazy outside of that your teammates get all pissy.

Abussos

06-18-2012

Quote:
Drace Sylvanian:
Bad and stupid for a number of reasons.

1. Queue times would be so stupidly long that nobody would play anymore.
2. You are calling the meta the only way to play. This would cause the game to stagnate and cease evolving.
3. You are stupid.
4. Derp.

1. I usually go through 10 minutes of dodging anyways.
2. Nope. You could still play the other game types.
3. An armless four-year-old could make a better argument than you.
4. You have a walmart haircut.

Go try to look smart somewhere else.

Abussos

06-18-2012

Quote:
Shadraque:
That doesn't completely pigeonhole everyone into the esport meta (that is NOT the end all be all this game has almost 100 champs). Go away, child.

You don't have to play the gametype if you don't want to. Simple as that. It's would be there for people like me who DO want to play meta and are tired of others who ruin the game for us. If you're going to call me a child, you might want to give a better argument than that.

iQuincy

06-18-2012

LOOL that sucks -.-

Ellymion

06-19-2012

I'm going to have to agree that there's no way this will change anything. People are always going to be out there to troll. I have a friend, unfortunately, that will join a game with no intention other than trolling just because he lost a game previously, or he's just in a crappy mood. People like this are everywhere. There's no stopping them.

Queen Sejuani

06-19-2012

Quote:
Abussos:
1. I usually go through 10 minutes of dodging anyways.
2. Nope. You could still play the other game types.
3. An armless four-year-old could make a better argument than you.
4. You have a walmart haircut.

Go try to look smart somewhere else.

1. Then learn to be able to play every role instead of being one of those b!tches that calls "MID OR I TROLL" when he is last pick.
2. If the system gets changed to be able to queue as what role you would desire, it would make the Meta absolute. Also not to mention, how would the system know what character is viable in which lane? People could have be doing extremely good as Jungle Talon, while he is considered to be a really bad jungle pick. Xin Zhao isn't viable in the jungle, but some people could pick him and build him like a sort of assasin, or better yet pick him for an early/mid game kind of composition to abuse their early and mid game damage and possibly force out a surrender/win due to the sheer amounts of damage those characters do which others don't that early.
3. At least if you are going to insult somebody, bring up some good arguments.
4. u mad

Abussos

06-19-2012

Quote:
OrchideeFalco:
1. Then learn to be able to play every role instead of being one of those b!tches that calls "MID OR I TROLL" when he is last pick.
2. If the system gets changed to be able to queue as what role you would desire, it would make the Meta absolute. Also not to mention, how would the system know what character is viable in which lane? People could have be doing extremely good as Jungle Talon, while he is considered to be a really bad jungle pick. Xin Zhao isn't viable in the jungle, but some people could pick him and build him like a sort of assasin, or better yet pick him for an early/mid game kind of composition to abuse their early and mid game damage and possibly force out a surrender/win due to the sheer amounts of damage those characters do which others don't that early.
3. At least if you are going to insult somebody, bring up some good arguments.
4. u mad

1. You've misunderstood. I play every role, and I'm not one of those people who call roles. I have to go through 10 minutes of dodging because of other people: I never leave games.
2. You, like most people, seem to not understand what I'm saying when I suggest that these game types should be added, and the current ones should be left alone.
3. I didn't find it necessary to give a good argument back because he never gave me one in the first place.
4. Nah bra