"I call mid." "No, I want it and I'm first pic." "K then, I'm trolling"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

frenchtoastpwnsu

06-16-2012

Maybe this could work:

Add the ability to kick a person from champ select by vote and ban them from que for 2 minutes
The majority would have to vote against the person being kicked.
That way, trollers could be kicked before u even waste 50 minutes!

one more thing:

Only have this option available in solo ques of any game type to prevent trollers and their trolling friends to troll a que by voting a person out just to wait for another person to join the que to kick them again.

In a solo que, if you are teamed with pre-mades, And should they wish to kick you from the que:

premade votes count as 1/2 of a vote.

This is probably flawed but it took me 5 mins to come up with it, is it good?

Erïs

06-16-2012

I get really annoyed as well. I don't mind the call it if you want it, but people need to be a bit more flexible. I always say 'I prefer mid' and even if I say it first and someone calls it after me, I'll concede and play something else, regardless of whether or not I pick first. I just don't care enough to fight over it. What really irritates me is when premade groups take what they want and don't communicate with us solo queuers. I think that adding a role choice would be bad though. Aside form people saying one thing and doing another, the queue time would jump up and in the end you would forfeit any chance you previously stood at getting the spot you really want because the queue times would be 20 minutes long for popular spots just got get paired with a troll who queue dodges and throws you back into the queue. I think this idea would just give the trolls more ways to ruin your day, not less.

I most like the idea of a group kick option, especially when the leader in draft dcs, doesn't ban, gets randomed after a long wait, and then we sit through the entire queue just waiting for it to kick back. I don't like it at the same time because trolls can just group together and kick the other people forcing them to wait before they can get into another game for no reason. I think the current queue dodge method, though sucks, is still the best way to go.

BlazingUnicorn

06-17-2012

I've seen and been a successful Sona top :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanInDisguise View Post
Yeah as you have kind of said the main problem is what would stop people from saying ok I want to play Sona jungle before the game and realistically there can't really be anything to stop you saying that because one of the points of the game is to try new things so they cant exactly lock certain champs out of certain roles.

I mean imagine the rage and whatnot when you get an Evelyn support or solo top Sona.

NaturalBlonde

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abussos View Post
No matter what pick they are, if these people don't receive their favorite role, more often than not, they complain and troll. That is, they pick Evelynn with revive and promote. Or something along the lines of that.
I main Revive-Promote Evelynn. When I want to troll I have nothing to go to =/

Level12Magikarp

06-17-2012

The main problem with this that I see, (not sure if someone said this, but whatever) is that people can play champions anywhere really.

Let's say I pick jungle, and I'm in as you jungle and BAM I pick jungle Karthus or something people would rage at, or AD carry and I pick Sona

It wouldn't fix much, but it may help

deirin

06-17-2012

man...the fun of game is that u need to understand all the roles of evey player to get better dude....

like when i was jungler i did some stuff but like when i got top i understood that some stuff i did as jungler complitelly fked top...like taking his farm or pushing his lane when top is underlvled...

so no i am against such a system it'll allow noobs to go up in elo... but like they'll do so many mistake... it will not be funny for high elo player...

DrDinglesnorf

06-17-2012

It also bugs me when I queue with a friend in blind so we call top lane and someone decides to jungle just because we wanted to top lane together. Then either we have to deal with bot or bot is soloing.

BEST AO SHlN NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

Sounds good in theory, but probably not going to work in practice.
If every game people follow the same team composition, then the items build for each game for each role would be very similar. And that take away the fun from the game. For example, if I pick Irelia solo top in a game which the enemy team have the standard team composition, I would almost always get Mercury's Treads. However, let's say if the enemy team have 5 ads (i have seen this alot, since everybody wants to "carry"), then i would be stupid if i buy Mercury's Treads. Therefore, i always counter-build my champion in a game.
On the other hand, if there's only one troll in your game, you're not likely to lose. The reason is since they fed the enemy so much, killing in again will not give them that much gold anymore. What you have to do, though, is communicating with the rest of your 3 teammates, have a 4 on 5 fight. It is definitely hard, but if you know who to focus first, then it is do-able.
So my point is, having a troll on your team is a bad thing, but it would definitely make you a better player, since you're more likely to do stuff such as buying wards, communicating with your teammates, gank more often, push together,and last but not least, counter-build, to try to get back to the game.
And another thing is, what if your team have the proper team composition, one jungler, and one solo top, but the enemy team have 2 ranged at top? your solo top can't farm, and you can't gank, since they can kite you. you lose the game by following the proper team composition.

MrObscure

06-17-2012

This would never work, only because as youre playing draft, you are thinking of counter picks, you should be working as a team to decide what you should play, and by mid-late game when laning phase is over it doesn't even matter. Plus many champions can play multiple roles, dont be stuck in the "Im Playing [Kassadin, Xerath, Annie, Leblanc, Gragas, Viegar, ect.] SO I NEED TO PLAY MID!" This isnt true, many times these champions that are classified are wrongly given titles and roles. try just playing and youll see this happen. The categories people make is unnecessary, because honestly any champion can play in any lane, a good player can make it work.

Draight

06-17-2012

Think about this though. Some people are terrible with anything but their 'main'. They have tried off chars, hoping they can get good at multiple positions, but when they do, they are trolled. In preemptive defense, they say give me XXXX or I troll. They are actually playing defensively b/c they know what their strengths and weaknesses, and if they don't threaten, they will be made fun of.

..just something I've been thinking about as I troll others and get pissed when I play 1 of the 4 chars I suck at. The game can be abrasive to people, esp b/c people who say they don't 'care' about losing a game are in fact wasting 45 min of their life (as well as four to 10 others).