"I call mid." "No, I want it and I'm first pic." "K then, I'm trolling"

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DieHero

06-14-2012

Perhaps may be vote during the draft process. Like after the picks are done. You can vote to remove someone from the team and reque, you know if all 4 people agree that they are trolling. Or being able to red flag trolls, so they get stuck with other trolls.

Zuraal

06-14-2012

or you could just simply make an in game ban system so during champ select and a person trolls like a ****** the team can vote to ban them as well as send a note to the tribunal. while this will make game take longer to actually happen it will stop the trolls right where they sit.

Verandure

06-14-2012

I pick only one champion because it's the only one I own that I can play well as. If I could figure out other champions, I would be happy to try them, but Malzahar is (so far) the only one that I've been able to play successfully as. I choose Malz over and over because I want to play with and against people without hindering them by playing a champion that I'll do nothing but feed with because I have no idea what to do with them.

iDisaster

06-14-2012

This would never work because every game would be waiting on a "support" to join. So what to do if you don't want to wait? Just select "support" and then go mid. Queue time solved! The same people who cause problems now would cause problems with this so-called solution. You can't solve trolls.

Ayyy

06-14-2012

Yea, I really do hate the LoL community, for this reason. People call a place they want to play in, and then someone else tries and probably does steal it from them. If this happens to me, usually I will go to whatever role is needed, which is how I ended up essentially maining support, and imo I find myself to be a pretty gosh darn good support too.

But that doesn't mean I only want to play one role. I like to play every role. 1 out of 5 games that something like that happens, I will end up queue dodging. Why? Because I played support the past 4 games, and I really want to play top or jungle or mid for once. I enjoy support, more so than other people do, but I enjoy other lanes too.

The tribunal system needs some sort of upgrade. This community really needs some fixing, I know plenty of people who quit just because they're sick of the community. Hell, I really can't play this game unless I'm playing with at least one other person. A lot of times I need an entire premade because I just hate randoms that much.

lockpooh

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
No one is going to pick the support role, except for those lovely people who main supports as I do. This would just lead to insane que times. A good idea, but not going to work as intended in practice.
This was the problem in World of Warcraft. If you were a tank it was insta queue, if you were a healer your queue time was cut by 3/4. If you were a dps, get ready for insane queues.

But to be honest, I prefer Mid / Jungle / Support. Most people seem to prefer AD bot or bruiser type play styles. Which is fine with me because I don't enjoy them.

I think the only down side is it gives an official "meta". Assuming every game must have AD bot with support, AP mid, jungler and bruiser top.

Insípid

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abussos View Post
When joining a normal draft game or a ranked solo/duo queue, I've found that there's one thing I always have to consider. Something that hinders my ability to enjoy playing the game: Other people who only want to play one champion or one role. When I join a game, I read the chat and always find people "calling" what roles they want to play. No matter what pick they are, if these people don't receive their favorite role, more often than not, they complain and troll. That is, they pick Evelynn with revive and promote. Or something along the lines of that.

For example, I was just joining a normal draft game with a friend. He was first pick, and I was second. He wanted to play mid as Annie. As soon as the bans started, I told him to call mid just to be safe. He did, before anyone else. When his pick came up, he locked in Annie. Later, when the third person on our team was picking, they chose Leblanc. Everyone in the lobby told the person that Annie was taking mid, and they would have to choose another champion because a) Annie was first pick and b) Annie called it anyways. The person locked in Leblanc anyways, stating that they had called mid second, and they "...definitely [weren't] going anywhere else." After this person said this, my friend got frustrated and decided to leave and log out, due to the fact that this was the FOURTH time in a row that something like this had happened. Things like this are quite common, and I'm very sure they discourage people from playing the game. They definitely discourage me.

So I'd like to make a suggestion. Adding a game type for both normal draft pick games and solo/duo queue ranked games that gives players the ability to pick which roles they would like to play. That is, when a player selects "Start game," a menu appears with check boxes that say Top lane, Jungle, Mid lane, AD Carry Bot, and Support Bot. Players who join queues will be able to pick more than one role. And, if this is possible, players who have picked more roles will have higher priority in the queues. That way, players will no longer have to suffer through 20-50 minutes games with a troll. Because not only are they destined to lose, but they also have to actually try in the game, or face being reported.

Also: I realize that not EVERYONE plays the standard team composition. This is why I suggest that these should be new games types, instead of altering the current ones.

Hopefully this can happen. Thank you.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS! I have thought about making a thread about this. I so wish there was a like...Assigned Role Pick. Only problem is, how would Riot categorize the champs that are allowed to play the role. Some arent listed as junglers, and some people play kill lanes and unconvetional champs in a specific lane to counter. Also not every1 has a jungler or support champ. even at level 30 ive been with people who dont have any support champ and they have no clue how to jungle(so they say, but who wants to take that risk right?). So ya.

InVaSiOnArY

06-15-2012

The problem with your idea is your assuming the guy who locks in lb after you pick annie actually cared about getting mid. In truth it is more likely that they just wanted to feed/leave/troll and it wouldn't have made a difference what type of system was set up if they still had a way into that game.

I personally would rather have 1-2 extra dodge then that 1 terrible game so my suggestion has always been to have a vote to disban team option where if 3-4 people on the team agree it would cancel the q and possibly make everyone have to req on their own instead of auto qing them.

Insípid

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMAPS View Post
The problem with your idea is your assuming the guy who locks in lb after you pick annie actually cared about getting mid. In truth it is more likely that they just wanted to feed/leave/troll and it wouldn't have made a difference what type of system was set up if they still had a way into that game.

I personally would rather have 1-2 extra dodge then that 1 terrible game so my suggestion has always been to have a vote to disban team option where if 3-4 people on the team agree it would cancel the q and possibly make everyone have to req on their own instead of auto qing them.
There is another issue. If a premade gets made and their champ is chosen or ban, they will clearly just vote to dodge. Thats not fair for the other team at all.

Abussos

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
Let your thread die out or thrive on its own. Downvote for trying to push your un original idea on ppl. It wont work and will never happen. RIOT doesnt want to force the meta on ppl and que times would be insane with everyone locking ad carry and top.
Trying to push my idea on people? Bumping my thread doesn't force you to open it. And my suggestion doesn't force the meta on people, either. It's an addition, not a replacement. And I regularly go through 10-30 minutes of queue dodges due to this problem, so I think I could handle a bit longer of a queue.

Logically, I should downvote you for being negative when all I'm trying to do is suggest an idea for a more enjoyable gaming experience.

1234567 ... 9