"I call mid." "No, I want it and I'm first pic." "K then, I'm trolling"

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam Is Whoa

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abussos View Post
Bump
Let your thread die out or thrive on its own. Downvote for trying to push your un original idea on ppl. It wont work and will never happen. RIOT doesnt want to force the meta on ppl and que times would be insane with everyone locking ad carry and top.

MoonStomp

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
No one is going to pick the support role, except for those lovely people who main supports as I do. This would just lead to insane que times. A good idea, but not going to work as intended in practice.
Or it would reduce queue times for support roles. Think about it. You'd never have to wait again. Support would be fotm and forum posts would rage at how op karma is.

MoonStomp

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
Let your thread die out or thrive on its own. Downvote for trying to push your un original idea on ppl. It wont work and will never happen. RIOT doesnt want to force the meta on ppl and que times would be insane with everyone locking ad carry and top.
I can't take your post seriously when you spell queue 'que'

Busy Dreamer

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySanctum View Post
Selecting your role before queuing may be great for mmo's, but it's not great for F2P games like LoL.

The sad part about this game is that it's all about the community, and if your friend wants to play annie, hey that's great, but if you get the troll that's just there to **** your day up, well tough ****. It happens all the time. And it's really easy to beat too. Invite more friends. No one likes solo queuing in LoL, NO ONE. For the simple fact that the troll potential is out there. It really isn't hard to find 4 people to join you in a game, or to find a community of players that all want the same thing you want, competent teammates who at least appear to know what they're doing.

Meet some people, no more trolls. Quite simple.
I like to solo Queue. c:

xCry0x

06-12-2012

The issue is this idea that you can call shotgun on a role and people you have never met before are going to actually listen to you.

Learn to play 2 roles (top, mid, bot, jungle) and learn to play a support champion. If you are first pick and the last pick says "I am playing ap mid", ask if they can play something else, if they say no, then be the bigger person and play something else or be prepared to be trolled. I do not think I have ever seen someone who insisted on a lane actually switch roles when someone with a higher pick chose what they wanted. The usually do what you said, the spam chat, get mad, and pick their role anyways because they 'called it.'

That said, picking ap mid first is stupid anyways. Ap mid has to be the easiest lane to counter and by picking it first you give the other team 5 chances to pick a counter. I had a guy pick karthus as first pick the other day, enemy instantly locks kassadin and gg kassadin fed like a mother f'er against karthus.

Kiljosh

06-12-2012

Honestly, I love this game. Its fun and all. But my biggest gripe that I have only been able too see for a couple weeks now is with draft trollery(is that a word?).

Up until about 3 weeks ago I played blind pick because I wasnt up to snuff with the meta or roles and didn't have many champions to counterpick with.

Now that I've picked up 1-3 champs for every "role" on the team and learned how things go, I find myself wanting to go back to the innocence and randomness of blind pick. Only I can't. People play all ap carries in blind pick and I rage knowing we are going to get dominated because everyone is going to be underfarmed or feeding. So I queue dodge and go play draft.

The second I get in the room for my draft game I see people calling roles and that bothers me. Before even saying hi to everyone people are shouting TOP MID yadda yadda. I understand people have niches and its common to play what you know because you don't want your teammates to rage/blame you for a loss because your in unfamiliar territory.

I also understand that people like to be the hero. They like to carry. Me being the team player I am, I always end up filling out the team. Usually jungling or playing tank/support. Im decent at all 3. I just hate how Riot claims they dont want to force the Meta, but it's community is forcing the Meta. Sometimes I want to carry though, and I cant because I've already got 3 idiots that want to play Vayne, Teemo, and Tryndamere.

What we need is a game mode for these "heroes" that is like SR or TT but with more minions/neutrals. All those kids who want to play carry and get fed can do that and leave the people willing to adapt and work as a team with SR and TT. Dominion doesn't count, I find it boring. Im just sick of being the team player and get stuck playing the leftover roles, it gets boring always being Malphite(because hes my main jungler/tank/support).

TLDR: Riot claims they don't want to force the meta. So they give the players the power. The players force the meta. We need a game mode like SR/TT that has more farming/gold potential so all the heroes that only play carry can just go there and leave team players to draft SR/TT.

sugarcrotch

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiljosh View Post
Honestly, I love this game. Its fun and all. But my biggest gripe that I have only been able too see for a couple weeks now is with draft trollery(is that a word?).

Up until about 3 weeks ago I played blind pick because I wasnt up to snuff with the meta or roles and didn't have many champions to counterpick with.

Now that I've picked up 1-3 champs for every "role" on the team and learned how things go, I find myself wanting to go back to the innocence and randomness of blind pick. Only I can't. People play all ap carries in blind pick and I rage knowing we are going to get dominated because everyone is going to be underfarmed or feeding. So I queue dodge and go play draft.

The second I get in the room for my draft game I see people calling roles and that bothers me. Before even saying hi to everyone people are shouting TOP MID yadda yadda. I understand people have niches and its common to play what you know because you don't want your teammates to rage/blame you for a loss because your in unfamiliar territory.

I also understand that people like to be the hero. They like to carry. Me being the team player I am, I always end up filling out the team. Usually jungling or playing tank/support. Im decent at all 3. I just hate how Riot claims they dont want to force the Meta, but it's community is forcing the Meta. Sometimes I want to carry though, and I cant because I've already got 3 idiots that want to play Vayne, Teemo, and Tryndamere.

What we need is a game mode for these "heroes" that is like SR or TT but with more minions/neutrals. All those kids who want to play carry and get fed can do that and leave the people willing to adapt and work as a team with SR and TT. Dominion doesn't count, I find it boring. Im just sick of being the team player and get stuck playing the leftover roles, it gets boring always being Malphite(because hes my main jungler/tank/support).

TLDR: Riot claims they don't want to force the meta. So they give the players the power. The players force the meta. We need a game mode like SR/TT that has more farming/gold potential so all the heroes that only play carry can just go there and leave team players to draft SR/TT.
lulz cuz that would totally work xD

also im one of the people that plays whatever is needed but if i have a chance cuz im first or second pick i take what i want... unless im duo-ed then i jsut go bot with my duo

Billy AppeI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2012

"No matter what pick they are"
maybe its just like this for me but what about when you are 4th or 5th and ask politely for a lane and the response is "stfu i'm first", people are mentioning how they don't like it when people call but if you dont call often times chances are no one will say anything and there is a lack of communication and you get screwed because of random ordering of picks. other problem is runes :/. i can play any role i need to competently enough, but imagine having to support when you have jungle runes and ap carry runes set. people rage at you and you're at a disadvantage. need mawr rune pages :/. i agree that people shouldn't troll (usually- some games my premade wins by trolling all tank team, it confuses the enemy :P), but i dont think that calling is any worse than the first pick excuse
dafuq its so late right now, long comment ftw

Billy AppeI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
because its so bad to try to circulate a thread? down vote you good sir for your un original general negativity ♥

Hugh Akston

06-13-2012

I personally think you could expand the proposition even further. Instead of just queueing with a pick of your role, say, a drop down list where you picked support, you could also have a list to put checkmarks on what roles you want your other 4 teammates, whether you mind them being premade or not, and etc. So for instance you want to play solo bot, and want a roamer. Well, have 'solo bot' an option in the first dropdown list, in your options list for teammates you check AP Mid, AP/AD top, jungler and roamer. Then the game gives you a warning saying that queue times may be large due to unconventional picks, and then that player can wait or change their options.

123456 ... 9