Mejai/Occult snowballing items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Concentration

08-25-2010

I'm not sure what Riot's stance is on these items, but they're quite gamebreaking imo if it's about snowballing.

For one, imagine a losing team with 3 unfortunate deaths to someone who built up a mejai, that nets 6 stacks and 6*8 = 48 AP + 20 from Mejai for 68 AP.

Mejai costs 1235, so it isn't that much of a huge investment but my point is, it can make a carry snowball so hard the enemy team will be at a disadvantage starting from the first few kills.

That's quite an imbalance, as for one this promotes snowballing, gains map dominance for the team with the earlygame stacks and so on.

The effect is probably the worst on TT where ganking opportunities are much higher.

Not sure what everyone elses opinion is about these items, I don't feel like they're OP OP OP, but they have potential to be imbalanced for the low cost.

ProbablyTerribad

Recruiter

08-25-2010

The reason I don't feel that these items are imbalanced is because they're very easy to counter via good teamplay. If you happen to notice that someone has a snowball item, all it takes to make that 1235g they spent basically worthless is to focus fire them.

Most of the champions that make the best use out of snowball items are easy to kill within 1 stun anyway. The only real exceptions I can think of to this rule are Shaco, Katarina, and sometimes Akali.

D0llSlght

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-25-2010

And kathrus....Who can just ult to get assist...stacking it very quick.

Fyrepyro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2010

I think they ruin games more then they are balanced. You can get more AP from a full stacked Mejais, then from a Zhonya's + Passive. Increase the price, or lower the stacks to like 10 or something.

KrupsMcGee

08-25-2010

They're fine imo. If someone with a snowball item is giving you trouble you've probably messed up somewhere along the way, and you can always gank that individual to reduce their stacks and slow them down.

If ganking isn't possible then their team is better or that particular enemy is fed, in either case the snowball item isn't to blame but it will likely make their inevitable victory arrive more quickly.

AntiTcb

08-25-2010

Having a snowball item just makes you a bigger focus for team fights.

AdricGod

08-25-2010

Hate these items. Hope they get nerfed/buffed... meaning they give less benefit per stack but less stacks are lost on death. Saying that your team just needs to zerg their snowball characters is ridiculous. Ever tried focusing an Ezreal with flash + his own teleport? Or focus firing Vlad in a group fight when he just pools and runs away.

The bottom line is that these items make the owner care more about his own Kill/Assist to Death ratio than actually winning the game. And that, to me, breaks the game.

LLamaPie

08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0llSlght View Post
And kathrus....Who can just ult to get assist...stacking it very quick.
I main Karthus and Mejai is my 4th item on the list. I rush survivability the most. A good Karthus doesn't just Ulti in fact the ulti is best utilized to give your team a quick boost in team fights and early games to net you a kill or 2. But ya Karthus is excellent at racking up assists simply because EVERY skill he has is some sort of AOE (small range or otherwise).

But Karthus makes a terrible carry. Seen plenty of games where a Karthus gets 20++ kills and his team still loses. He is mainly a support mage which is fairly rare. Even with Rod of Ages and armor items he still dies really fast.

EquisScry

08-25-2010

Should give 1 stack on kill, 1 stack on assist. They break even money-wise at 4 stacks, and this would increase the ramp-up time. On death, you should lose 1/4 of your stacks, but ROUND DOWN.

KaXaSA

08-25-2010

it depends on the champion... I don't mind when squishies get those items because it's pretty easy to kill them.. now get vlad/xin, they aren't that easy to take down...