Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@ricklessabandon Forever Alone Ionic Spark

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NA1

06-11-2012

Quote:
Maximum Can:
Yes let's drop 4.5k on attack speed items. Great idea, this is not counterable at all by a 1350-gold item.

And their effects don't multiply, they add. Additive.

Wow, umm...

Effective health = HP * inverse of damage reduction <----- this is a multiplicative effect. When you increase HP and MR together, they multiply the value of each other.

DPS for on-hit = base AtkSpd * on-hit damage <----- this is a multiplicative effect. When you increase AtkSpd and On-Hit together, they multiply the value of each other.

Example: If my AtkSpd is 1, and my on-hit damage is 40, my DPS is 40. If I then raise my AtkSpd to 2, and my on-hit damage to 80, my DPS is 160.

Yes, on-hit effects add together additively, and AtkSpd add together additively, as does MR and HP, but the relationship between their counterpart stat is multiplicative.

GuiltyGecko

06-11-2012

Quote:
NA1:
Wow, umm...

Effective health = HP * inverse of damage reduction <----- this is a multiplicative effect. When you increase HP and MR together, they multiply the value of each other.

DPS for on-hit = base AtkSpd * on-hit damage <----- this is a multiplicative effect. When you increase AtkSpd and On-Hit together, they multiply the value of each other.

Example: If my AtkSpd is 1, and my on-hit damage is 40, my DPS is 40. If I then raise my AtkSpd to 2, and my on-hit damage to 80, my DPS is 160.

Yes, on-hit effects add together additively, and AtkSpd add together additively, as does MR and HP, but the relationship between their counterpart stat is multiplicative.

I think he meant just the AS, but that is still good to know.

GuiltyGecko

06-11-2012

bump!

GuiltyGecko

06-11-2012

Need a red post!

GuiltyGecko

06-11-2012

bump!

GuiltyGecko

06-11-2012

Fast forum is fast!

Delimon

06-11-2012

Any champ that needs attack speed and health for one go. Whenever I look at what I need to buy, I ignore the passives/actives on the item and look at the stats that the item gives to see how it works. It's basically a cheap attack speed steroid that you'd sell for a PD late game or something else most of the time.

NobletheKnight

06-11-2012

Id like to see what riot thinks about this items intended uses too :P

Slinkywheel

06-11-2012

Use it on a champion with a build that can:

1. Synergize with attack speed

2. Synergize with health

3. Also, it's helpful when they have lots of armor but low MR (or when you have magic penetration, for example on nautilus you may have MPEN and having this item will boost your shield health and damage)

4. Oh, and having this on an AD carry in addition to the trinity force will make you a tankier AD carry (trinity force and this together is like 500 health)

GuiltyGecko

06-11-2012

Quote:
Slinkywheel:
Use it on a champion with a build that can:

1. Synergize with attack speed

2. Synergize with health

3. Also, it's helpful when they have lots of armor but low MR (or when you have magic penetration, for example on nautilus you may have MPEN and having this item will boost your shield health and damage)

4. Oh, and having this on an AD carry in addition to the trinity force will make you a tankier AD carry (trinity force and this together is like 500 health)

sounds good on paper, but its clear no one buys the item because there are just better choices for these reasons.