Tanky DPS ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zi0nized

08-25-2010

Brutalizer is kind of a waste because Ashe does NOT need Minus cooldown much.

Keiren Sable

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2010

Brutalizer is amazing for the 25 damage and 15 ArP... the CDR is icing on the cake...

At the point in the game when you can rush a Brutalizer, chances are pretty good that that ArP along with runes is knocking most players down to near 0 armor... which is fun.
And then it makes each BF Sword you buy afterwards considerably more effective, since ArP applies a percentage damage increase...

Not to mention that CDR is useless on Ashe? a 2.4s CD Volley is considerably more damage than a 4s CD Volley... 40% more in fact?
and 11% more Crystal Arrows and Plentiful Bounty scouts is hardly a bad thing, considering how life-saving they can be...

Acaireth

08-25-2010

Yeah, if you are taking the Brutalizer direction, then picking up a Yuumuu's ghostblade is a good idea. Something like, Brutalizer boots Yumuus B F sword and then armor. I have always been a B F Sword rusher personally, but as of late I find it just doesn't do the trick anymore.

Catalyst is never a bad idea eitherm you just have to keep in mind that your team may not be geared for that type of play. If everybody one your team went and grabbed a Ruby Crystal, then it is good. When you have other players not playing that way though, you will find your tower might be standing, but your allies being more reckless have let theirs slipped or a fed enemy which your cat won't be able to really stop. On the flip side, your team might dominate theirs and well it is still good to have the Catalyst for your Arrow/Volley. I think Catalyst is all around a higher level of game play.

Keiren Sable

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2010

I was under the impression that Youmuu's wasn't all that great for Ashe?
Brutalizer is great for the cost efficiency... Youmuu's not so much, and the active isn't stellar on Ashe.

On a note related to the OP... I've certainly had games where I rushed a Banshee's Veil and Merc Treads - when there's 3-5 magical burst heros, or Sunfire Cape stacking AoE teams, it's freakin life saving.

AoE / Sunfire Cape stacking teams seem to be relatively common at this point, so I can certainly appreciate why this can work - but I find that tailoring my defensive items to the team I'm fighting tends to be more effective...

Phantom Dancers and Ninja Tabi are phenomenal defense against auto-attackers (and about the only time I can see Phantom Dancers actually being justified?)
Banshee's Veil along with Merc's Treads similarly mitigate an incredible amount of magical damage

Ashe's Volley is her only nuke other than her auto-attacks though... seems to me that it just makes sense to only shell out 3k+ gold for an offensive item when it's going to make Volley hit harder as well...

Personally, I'm a big fan of Brutalizer, Boots, and 2 BF items (Swords first, upgraded as appropriate, depending on your / enemy teams) as a core - taking survivability items along the way if needed (mostly if they have effective chasers?)

Eph289

08-25-2010

I tend to go Doran's Shield to handle early survivability, then while laning and all goes well (either solo or lane)

1st time back: I need 2200 gold, because I want a BF Sword and Boots

2nd time back, I want at least another 2000 gold to finish Merc Treads and another IE item/Recurve bow

3+, finish Infinity Edge and Last Whisper. Survivability if we're getting wiped.

As for Catalyst Ashe, I used to play it, until I got to level 20 and got my tier 3 runes (Greater Health Quints <3 and Mp5/level <3) which helped a lot with that.

Keiren Sable

08-25-2010

The problem I see with Last Whisper is that it's really not that effective against most of the targets you should be focusing on early in the fight...

At the end of the day, it just doesn't mitigate enough armor... 40% sounds great, but being applied after flat reductions means that flat reductions are usually going to be more effective at getting the job done where you actually need the damage.

Brutalizer + Runes alone nets 33 ArP, and if someone on your team has a Starks, that's 53... add in a Black Cleaver and most softer heroes are approaching 0, possibly sinking into negative armor, thus you're often paying almost 2k gold for 10 AD and 40% AS... yuck?

Not saying it doesn't have its place, but it certainly feels like a very niche item imo.

y1ppee

08-01-2011

shes op